It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am for the 9/11 truth... you may lock me up if you wish...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Alright this is one of the topics I feel most pasionate about. There are a bunch of people out there in ats that label me a democrat. This is ignorance... I am for a real investigation of 9/11. I have family that without the odds on his side would be dead right now because of this moment in time... There is no way a plane would cause the heat needed to bring down these buildings... How about WTC7... i am going to leave you with a song by my fellow buffaloian ani difranco... SELF EVIDENT....

[edit on 1-4-2010 by iamjesusphish]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
Alright this is one of the topics I feel most pasionate about. There are a bunch of people out there in ats that label me a democrat. This is ignorance... I am for a real investigation of 9/11.

...so if you support a real investigation, does that mean that if a "real investigation" showed that the first investigation was right after all, would you accept the findings as legitimate, or would you keep insisting on investigation afer investigation until finally you get one that confirms what you want to believe?

The reason I ask is that I have seen for myself where a number of posters here have openly admitted there is nothing on the face of the planet that will ever sway them from their conspiracy stories. What's your opinon?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
There is no way a plane would cause the heat needed to bring down these buildings... How about WTC7...

So we need to launch an expensive investigation because you have misconceptions and a lack of understanding of the events? That's no justification for yet another inquiry. Instead, perhaps try to educate yourself about the events. I know it's difficult because it's complicated but maybe give it a college try.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Cost of 9/11 Commission = $15 million dollars

Cost of the "War on Terror" = $304 million dollars per day. That is every day, every month, every year.

This figure is based on conservative estimates and does not factor in things such as long term disabilities suffered by our troops etc.

All that cheese and we didn't even catch the mouse!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

So it makes sense to throw even more money away? If history has taught us anything, it is that there will always be a small percentage of paranoid people.

So let's spend 30 mil on another investigation that shows basically the same thing that the same people will not trust anyway?

Makes sense...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Even before the "inside job" theories are considered there are many good reasons for a real investigation. Remember just weeks after Pearl Harbor there was an investigation and military personnel were held accountable.

Here is a link with 10 good reasons for a new investigation.

Accountability

Imagine that a group of private firms had been in charge of defending America from attack on 9/11, and imagine these firms had failed as completely as did our own defense establishment on that day. What would have happened to those firms and to their executives in the wake of the attacks?

Businesswoman Martha Stewart went to prison for five months merely for lying to investigators about a stock trade. Any corporation, small business, or other non-government organization responsible for the death of even a single person through negligence or failure of their product or service might well be taken to court, and those at the top charged with negligent homicide or other serious crime in regards the death. What on Earth would we have done to people responsible for the incredible failures of September 11 – if those people had not been highly placed in our own government?

Not only have those responsible for this massive and deadly failure not been held accountable, they have been allowed to use their own failure as a blank check for staggering new police-state powers and for waging aggressive war against Afghanistan and Iraq – two nations which had neither attacked us nor even threatened to attack us, and which were in fact incapable of realistically threatening the most powerful nation on Earth.

- 3 -

Using Grenades to Kill a Fly at a Dinner Party

The 9/11 attacks were not an act of war by any nation's military, but instead criminal acts committed (so the Official Story goes) by a relatively small group of people headed by Osama bin Laden. War was an entirely inappropriate response to such attacks, and according to many authorities, was illegal under international law; see also here. The wars (and the occupations in the aftermath of the wars) in Afghanistan and Iraq have already cost over 4,000 American lives – more than the number of lives lost on September 11. The total number of American war dead is much higher (although figures are hard to come by) if one includes civilian workers and contractors, some of whom are, alarmingly, acting as mercenaries for us. The number of crippled, blinded, maimed, and other wounded Americans is huge, with total American wounded now standing at over 27,000 and by some estimates, closer to 100,000. Civilian deaths in the two nations we have invaded far exceed the numbers of coalition casualties; last year, a widely-reported study in the medical journal The Lancet found that 655,000 Iraqis had been killed since our invasion of that nation. Together, Afghanistan and Iraq have suffered "at least 832,962 people . . . killed and 1,590,895 seriously injured" by one current estimate.

It bears repeating: In the process of hunting down a small band of attackers, we have been responsible for nearly a million deaths and a staggering number of wounded. Men, women and children have been torn apart by bullets and bombs, burned alive, buried under rubble from their own homes or other buildings, and killed in dozens of other ways. Over 1.5 million human beings will bear the scars of these wars for life, and that isn't even counting the cost in pain and emotional damage, which will impact future generations as well.

We have also destroyed much of the infrastructure in two nations, doused wide areas with thousands of tons of poisonous and radioactive depleted uranium, and generally wreaked havoc and violence. No wonder millions of Iraqis have already fled their homes and their nation. The London Independent reports that perhaps 50,000 of these refugees, including many who are "alarmingly young," have been forced into prostitution in Syria and elsewhere.

In light of all that, one cannot be surprised that America's standing in the world has suffered dramatically, with polls finding that large majorities in most nations now believe America is a threat to world peace. Not only have we squandered the sympathy and good will the world expressed towards us after the 9/11 attacks, we have made ourselves feared, hated, and despised.

It seems almost petty to consider financial costs in light of so much death and pain, but these wars will be a financial millstone around America 's neck for generations. The country's financial situation was already grave before the 9/11 attacks (although few Americans seemed aware of this), but since that day our national debt has skyrocketed and our unfunded liabilities have grown even faster than the official debt. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are not the only factors in this, but consider: the war in Iraq may already have cost us $1 trillion or even $2 trillion when future expenses (for care of wounded soldiers, replacement of lost and destroyed equipment, and other costs) are included. The original cost for the Iraq war was estimated by the Pentagon at roughly $50 billion (see "$1 trillion" link above), so what we have is a $50 billion estimate versus a possible $2 trillion (and rising) price tag.

Despite all that, we have failed to achieve our objectives. Indeed, we have made our original problem worse. Osama bin Laden has not been captured and our own intelligence agencies reported last September that the terror threat has INCREASED because of our efforts.

A recent New York Times/CBS News poll found that a majority of Americans believe we "made a mistake getting involved in the war in Iraq " – and no wonder.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It is unclear from your post. Do you want a NEW 9/11 Investigation or an Investigation on the 1st 9/11 Investigation? There is a world of difference, but you responses seem to confuse the two.

Honestly I think BOTH would be a waste, but I do feel more people that tend to be anti-government would rather see the investigators hang for not crossing a T or dotting an I then any terrorists be punished. I have always seen more anger from the Truth movement directed at the investigators rather then the perpetrators.

I am also going on the fact that no evidence has supported conspiracy, but only terrorism & a lax government/system.

Whether the US should have gone to Iraq or not has nothing to do with what happened on 9/11. Even if it was an inside job, there would still be evidence of it, regardless of why it was done.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

I would tell you how I feel but unless it’s consistent the Official story or some crazy story about laser beams from space the mods will just delete it as the love to do, maybe I should just say that 9/11 troofers are crazy and should be hung, that should make them happy!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I often wonder what it would take for those asleep to the truth to see it for what it is; Happily, they are only like 30-40% of the population now, a minority. I wonder what would happen if we showed just 1 single passenger either being alive, or that his family falsely claimed their death ? Or both.

My guess is no matter how close the pictures were, none of the remaining people who presently hold to the official story would change. Why? Because their belief is a religion. And not based on any facts.

But what do you think would happen if we could show a single passenger alive? Would it change anything? What would happen if such a thing occurred?

Cheers-
Phil

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phil Jayhan

They would just look at you with the trademark debunker retard stare and then give you a stupid laugh.

I agree with you 100% that the OCT is a religion and its followers will try and have you burned at the stake should you speak against it.

Just like the warmongers who piss their beds at night with visions of giant Arabs coming to kill them, They swear that the Arab fighters in flip flops and 50 year old weapons are the most deadly force on Earth.

Nothing will move them from their belief systems.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886

I agree with you 100% that the OCT is a religion and its followers will try and have you burned at the stake should you speak against it.

Never gonna happen.

Actually, it's quite hilarious reading a thread like this. Watching truthers play at being some kinda social rebel cracks me up. Y'all think you're really doing something dangerous by speaking against the man.....

You have no idea just how free you truly are. Go to a country where there REALLY is opression of free speech.

Since I'm sure you don't know what I mean, refer to places like Iran, where the guv was questioned, and protesters subsequently killed.

You have zero idea just how lucky you truly are.....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joey Canoli

Never gonna happen.

Actually, it's quite hilarious reading a thread like this. Watching truthers play at being some kinda social rebel cracks me up. Y'all think you're really doing something dangerous by speaking against the man.....

You have no idea just how free you truly are. Go to a country where there REALLY is opression of free speech.

Since I'm sure you don't know what I mean, refer to places like Iran, where the guv was questioned, and protesters subsequently killed.

You have zero idea just how lucky you truly are.....

Tell that to Detective John Carrol of the Jersey City Police Department.
Your buddies paid him a visit in 2008 and slashed his wrist down to the tendon because he is an 9/11 First Responder who is also a outspoken Truther.

You brought up Iran which leads me to detect the faint smell of neocon trash, let me tell you that the danger is not for me but for people like you.

The fake Tea Party aka the bowel movement (which was stolen by neocon rats from real Patriots) is enemy number one when it comes to this Administration, when election time comes around don't be surprised if some new revelations come out in regards to 9/11 that will further crush the Republicans.

The Bush lovers who love everything their daddy did are being gassed up by Fox and will soon do something stupid, people will be forced to take sides.

Who will I side with? who will most people side with?

President Obama and a lawfully elected government or Sara Palin and the bowel movement?

The truth about 9/11 would allow this Administration to get rid of a lot of people, it would give them broad powers in the name of rooting out the people responsible.

I doubt their sincerity almost as much as I doubt yours and I know all about the false left right argument, see its not the Politicians that make me sick.

Its their followers, the neocons and their followers did this to America not President Obama.

I am not lucky, I am dying from a respiratory disorder because of what happened on 9/11, I will spend the rest of my days trying to get NYCCAN going while you spend all day trying to convince people not to investigate 9/11.

I does not take a genius to figure out what kind of person you are.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I does not take a genius to figure out what kind of person you are.

Yeah.

NOT delusional.

I realize that you are free to reveal your real name, and no one will come to get you.

I realize that you are free to go to GZ all you wish to protest, and no one will come to get you.

I could go on, but it will be lost on your sort....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No one has any desire to lock you up because you believe in a conspiracy theory. As to a new 9/11 investigation, it's already been investigated. Many people, minus of course any evidence, think the investigation was a cover up, but so what? That X million believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ doesn't make it true.

"There is no way a plane would cause the heat needed to bring down these buildings... How about WTC7..."

NIST investigated this. I apologize if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming you're a layperson. How are you qualified to dismiss the findings of a group of experienced professionals? If the suggestion is that every single person who worked on the investigation was paid off, or intimidated, then this needs to be proven. It's easy to slander people you've never met, working in an environment you know nothing about, as conspirators in mass murder, despite having not one proverbial iota of evidence to back it up other than the equally unsubstantiated claim that a secret cabal was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Joey Canoli

Your signature is ironic.

The fact that you don't get killed or abducted for speaking out doesn't prove a damned thing. Why? Because it would make no sense to kill off every person who asks questions when half the country is already defensively apathetic and still sore about the whole situation to begin with. Killing people always draws attention to itself, like when Barry Jennings unexpectedly died. If they killed Rodriguez and Sibel Edmonds and Indira Singh and all these other people then even you would probably notice something unusual. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, considering the wargames were already massively "coincidental" and you ignore those too. You're great at ignoring everything you don't want to hear and going back to believing something completely wrong, like for example whether or not there were explosions. Anyway your posts really do amount to a bunch of meaningless noise. Carry on with it I guess.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by bsbray11]

top topics

join