It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another strange experience...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
First of all, I'll just come out and say it...I believe my house and those within it are occasionally being visited by those above for a vast variety of reasons. That aside, here is my little experience from last night I'd like some feedback on.

Last night I was watching tv before bed, noting exceptionally unusual, nor did I feel exceptionally sleepy. I began to get abruptly sleepy and turned the television off, it was 12:14, I must have gone out like a light, because I didn't bother to turn off the bedside lamp.

I was then in a very vivid dream, far more vivid than I would ordinarily term a vivid dream, being that I could feel what I was experiencing rather than just viewing it. I was in a very inebriated state, like popping a few pills and downing it with booze or something of that level. I was walking down the stairs in a slumped position, my upper torso slumped to the right side, heavy footfalls. I then walked into the living room where I saw my mother and brother who also reside here, one standing slumped like me and one sitting, and the door to another bedroom, which is a very heavy door that is never ever shut, was indeed shut. I then felt this, as far as I can describe, whirling motion throughout my body.

I awoke in the bed, wide awake, taken back by this dream, and confused to a pretty serious extent. I turned on the television to check the time and it was 12:27, 13 minutes after I remember turning the television off. I was awake more or less for the next two hours, unable to actually fall asleep.

Now, I mention this here because this is shockingly similar to another experience I had oh, about a 16-18 months ago, where I remember dreaming, and feeling, that I was, again, in a highly inebriated stupor, only in that instance I was outside walking down a steep canal next to the house, toward the house, a steepness that I would not be able to walk down in my own control sober, let alone this stupor, and I remember I kept leaning back to fall, yet couldn't. Seconds later in that instance, or so it seemed, I was whirling around over my bed, like if you were sitting cross legged and moving your torso around, only to a much, much more exaggerated extent, which slowly winded down and then I was lying in my bed, to which I awake to that same wide awake confusion, and the same long length of being unable to sleep again.

In addition, while not in quite as much detail but very much the same circumstance, maybe nearly 3 years ago, I had a dream when I was standing at my front door, wide open, the light in the room on, starring out into the darkness(in the same direction of where I had "walked" down the canal), just ripe with fear, heard this distinct moan carry through from some distance off, which I remember made me shutter like nothing else, and then I seemed to float backwards toward my room.

I don't know what I'm really getting at here, I think we can all assume what I'm thinking, but I thought I'd share this here. Thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Very interesting and disturbing experience and thanks for sharing.

My very first question for you would be if you think you might be a sleep walker? I do understand you awoke in bed.

I personally have had sleep walking experiences when I was young that were VERY vivid and frightening and somewhat mimic some of what you have described above. Often I would return to bed on my own and other times would awken elsewhere.

Just wanted to explore this possibility with you.

My next question would be, does anyone in the house aside from yourself recall anything strange about the night in question. In specific, the night where you seen your mother and brother in the livingroom.

Just want to make it clear that I am not trying to discredit your claims, just exploring other possibilities atm.

There is one sure way to either prove it or disprove it. You can invest in a security camera system. The DIY kind with a DVR. Set it up to detect motion, and if an event occurs, review your media.

Thanks again.

ExhibitEx

[edit on 1-4-2010 by ExhibitEx]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe you could setup one of those elcheapo cameras that start recording only when they detect motion and turn it on when your going to sleep.
It may get nothing, but i least it'll give you the confidence that if something happens you we'll be able to check from hard evidence
(even if it doesn't record you, but a bunch of static, that alone says a lot, given it should not record anything...)
Luck

Drakus.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i agree with what people here said.
try to set the camera up in a discreet position. if you can, try to get three or four cameras, and set them as such: one set on your bed, so you can see yourself(if you can, try to any windows in the view of the camera. so that way, you can see outside, and if anything unusual happens outside your room, youd see it.). and if that canal is in viewing distance of your home, set one aiming towards that(if you can. if not, then set it outside of your bedroom door. if you have a hallway, like one of the ones that have the doors to multiple bed/bathrooms, put it at one end of the hallway, so that way you can see everybodies door.) and then one in your living room. try to get the stairs in the shot.

and try to leave a couple lights on, like maybe your tv, and the bathroom light.

i honestly wouldnt recomend the ones that turn on with motion, cuz its possible for them to be turned off, and then you never know.
but with the ones that record constantly, youd know if they go off or if they go static. but the only downside to that is wasting time going through several hours of footage.

im not 100% sure if theyre available to the public or how to get them, but have you seen those security cameras that are set to take still images at set intervals?(2 sec. 3 sec. 5 sec. etc etc) you could get one of those. im also not 100% sure, but you could possibly get one that uses a removable memory, such as an SD card. and then when you get up, you can turn the camera off, or later in the day after work and stuff, you can pop the card into your computer or a photo viewer, browse through the photos, delete them, then pop them back into the camera. which to me seems alot more efficient than watching hours of video, even if you fast forward. cuz if you check in your computer, yyou can easily open the contents of the storage onto your computers file browser system, and then scroll through the thumbnails of the photos looking for anything that looks different. this should be easy, cuz every picture would look the same where nothing happens. so if something did happen, itd stick out like a sore thumb. (yes there would be alot of photos. but like i said itd be easy to go through.) also, if you are able to get a camera of these specifications. try to get one with time stamps on it. and then every hundred photos or so, check the time on it. so that way youd be aware of any missing time frames where the camera could of been inactive.
also, if you do get a camera like this. only get one, and aim it on your bed, and like i said, try to get the window, and/or the door way in the frame.

also, try setting up little traps around your room. ones that would make some kind of loud noise if set off. i know if soemthings taking you, its prolly be smart enough to step over or get past the traps and whatnot. but if i know anything, it never hurts to try.

thats the only assistance i can give.
i know most people here on ats wouldnt give you the benefit of the doubt, if your videos went fuzzy out of the blue, or if the still cam had random time missing.
but id definately believe you.

do you have any other experiances that appear strange to you? even of a different nature?
id love to hear about them, if you feel you can tell me.
i wish you the best of luck.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
if some tortured spirit is walking around in your house the last thing you want to do is to capture it on video

I mean seriously last thing you want to do is catch a some grisly being stalking the shadows of your home

Another thing, the more you think about it the more it gets to you - it feeds off your fear

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for the replies guys.

As far as sleepwalking, I did do a bit of that when I was younger, so it's not out of the realm of possibility, yet as far as I know, that hasn't happened in well over a decade, again, to my knowledge.

And the camera idea isn't bad, not bad at all, I should look into that.

And no, neither family member has any recollection of anything strange that night.

I do have a strong feeling that whatever happened has happened before and is not only myself experiencing this, rather a group (family) experience. There was once incident where all four of us woke up with light bruising on various parts of the body and we all felt like we got beat up overnight.

A have a younger brother who lives here, who was not home at the time, and he has the most notable evidence of something happening to him. For a number of years he's had a firm, round object in his shoulder/neck area, about the size of a airsoft pellet or there abouts. We often joke about it, but a few months ago he pointed out that he has ANOTHER object the same size and feel on the other side, this one closer to his neck, strange to say the least, but he has no recollection of anything like I've experienced. I don't think he even mentioned it to the doctor, who would more than likely say it was some sort of calcium grouping or something of that nature.

I'll definitely look into this camera idea.

What struck me about my recent experience was the amount of time noted right before suddenly hitting the sack as soon as my head hit the pillow and when I awoke with this very vivid experience fresh in my head. Normally it would take some time to go into a dream state, it varies, and sometimes it can happen right off the bat, but unlikely.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk
if some tortured spirit is walking around in your house the last thing you want to do is to capture it on video

I mean seriously last thing you want to do is catch a some grisly being stalking the shadows of your home

Another thing, the more you think about it the more it gets to you - it feeds off your fear

Very, very unlikely this is spirit/ghost related, we've had next to nil experiences in that realm.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wartooth420

do you have any other experiances that appear strange to you? even of a different nature?
id love to hear about them, if you feel you can tell me.
i wish you the best of luck.

Ha! Way too many to list my friend. with all of my strange experiences in life, I for the longest while assumed I was either a magnet for the strange or fairly delusional. I often joked with my friends that I resided at the nexus of the universe with all of the bizarre stuff I see and hear here. But nothing of any notable nature has happened like this in some time.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

I've read in several articles about outer body experiences, in which your soul could travel across the universe whilst your body sleeps. You usually travel during deep sleep, and when you wake up, you don't remember (or arent suppose to).

My explanations of the bruises: you hit saturn on your way to pluto (yes pluto is still a planet to arizona)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk

I've read in several articles about outer body experiences, in which your soul could travel across the universe whilst your body sleeps. You usually travel during deep sleep, and when you wake up, you don't remember (or arent suppose to).

My explanations of the bruises: you hit saturn on your way to pluto (yes pluto is still a planet to arizona)

I'm no stranger to the art of OBE and astral projection, this is definitely something completely different.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

your making this hard dude...

what was that topic earlier today about the people entering a grey room? They said they weren't quite asleep, and they were waiting for something

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Can't say I've ever been.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

you should look for the topic, i cant find it

But there were a couple of people posting experiences about entering a large grey room full of people, and they felt they had a job to do. i dont know what it was about exactly but thats all i can come up with

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If you do go the route of a security camera system. Please let us know if you find anything normal or otherwise.

ExhibitEx

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

hmm.
well regardless, i would like to hear of these other happenings.
they could greatly assist in finding out whats been happening to you recently.

top topics

join