It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Continue the Thread Battles

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Flag for the humor.

That is kindly appreciated my friend, for the truth is I wish my anti-thread to the original thread to beat the original thread in flags and responses!

That's the whole secondary point to the thread versus anti-thread paradigm, those incremental measurments of validation!

Of course I feel like kind of a fraud since I am basically against the thread wars, and except for my opening post (meant to be humorous) have clearly stated in every which way I can people ought to consider being more tollerant and respectful of one and other and each other's life styles.

You know Christians and Muslims have a whole thing going on too, where Muslims are often villified.

Several months ago I was reading CNN's site and discovered that Muslim Eid is the same day as the Jewish New Years.

CNN went on to describe Eid, which I had never even heard of before and how Muslims in the U.S. felt that the commodial spirit of the holiday was lacking here in the U.S. because Muslims are just a small minority and not many people who aren't Muslim who are aware of the holiday. Many of them went on to say that made them sad.

If there is one thing I hate it's sad people so I did a mental inventory of every Muslim store keeper in my neighborhood and went to the store and got fruits and nuts and pastries and made up little gift bags to take around and play Eid Clause!

I even did a thread about that here on ATS, and I tell you I never saw so many faces light up. When they realized I wasn't a Muslim but just the average (well maybe not average) white, Anglo American and I actually knew it was the most important holiday of the year for them, and actually had brought them little gifts to celebrate it, some actually said it was the best Eid present they could hope to ever have.

In fact a few other people who read my thread tried too as far away as Australia even and we all discovered the same thing and got the same reactions. The people we visited and gave to, gave back (really tasty home cooked treats) and welcomed us warmly and genuinely.

It's called T-O-L-L-E-R-A-N-C-E people, let others be who they are, and respect their right to enjoy the lifestyle of their choice, and they are bound to respect yours and extend the same!

If we could all just learn to do that, I dare say it would be even better than flags!

Though in the meantime, I am dedicated to crushing the thread with the anti-thread!

Thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was admittedly confused when I stumbled in here.

I was also totally ignorant of this thread vs anti-thread divide.

I've enjoyed the hell out of this.

I genuinely wish I'd been directed here after watching the intro to ATS vid.

I needed this kind of tutorial.

Appreciate the lesson and the laughs.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Your certainly welcome my friend, and welcome to ATS by the way.

The Board Business and Questions forum is a great forum because the topics are all about the members wanting to make ATS an even better place (as if that's humanly possible, ATS rocks!).

There are lots of serious threads and issues, but humor to be found too!

Hope you continue to enjoy the site!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey Proto,

Damn good thread, always enjoy reading your threads/posts. I will revert back to this thread when i have some available time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join