It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada: Capitol locked down in wake of threats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

Im sorry, im not trying to de-rail the thread but your sentance here just had me on the floor in stitches with laughter!!!
Spoken like a true sheep. You are the model sheep and the government applauds You and presents to You the sheeple of the year award.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Somehow the whole thing just reminds me of a song and as such, I find it hard to take any of it very seriously.

You and I, in a little toy shop
    Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
    Set them free at the break of dawn
    'Til one by one, they were gone

Back at base, bugs in the software
    Flash the message, "Some thing's out there"
    Floating in the summer sky
    Ninety-nine red balloons go by

Ninety-nine red balloons
    Floating in the summer sky
    Panic lads, it's a red alert
    There's something here from somewhere else

The war machine springs to life
    Opens up one eager eye
    Focusing it on the sky

Ninety-nine Decision Street
    Ninety-nine ministers meet
    To worry, worry, super-scurry
    Call the troops out in a hurry

This is what we've waiting for
    This is it boys, this is war
    The President is on the line
    As ninety-nine red balloons go by

Ninety-nine knights of the air
    Riding super high-tech jet fighters
    Everyone's a super hero
    Everyone's a Captain Kirk

With orders to identify, to clarify and classify
    Scrambling in the summer sky
    As ninety-nine red balloons go by

Ninety-nine dreams I have had
    Every one a red balloon
    Now it's all over and I'm standin' pretty
    In this dust that was a city

If I could find a souvenir
    Just to prove the world was here
    And here is a red balloon
    I think of you and let it go

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If anyone gets to this point and they are asking about what the group stands for there are two threads here.

About the movement-2010 Plan to Restore the Constitution - April 19

This one has all aspects included-April 19 1775 transitioning to April 19 2010

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
good they should be afraid, they realize that they are loosing control

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The media is in total propaganda black out. The spin doctors are on damage control big time. Capital lock down in the wake of threats? How about the wake of truth?

“In a time of universal deceit, TELLING THE TRUTH is a revolutionary act.”
George Orwell 1984

www.resistnet.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If these are the same letters the other thread was talking about, then they were only asked to sign something saying that they would respect the constitution or be asked to resign, I don't recall any threats. It seems like either these are different letters or a) the media is taking things out of context or b) the group wasn't clear... or... c)... it could simply be possible that people who value freedom have met the hour of their doom, play the rest out like an 80's sci-fi flick without a happy ending.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Yes this is great in deed. Calling people and threatening their lives and safety because you are ignorant jackasses.

I don't condone violence or even the threat of violence, PERIOD! And neither should any other ATS'er or any other person. This is ridiculous when you get people on ATS chearing this lunatics on like they are doing a great deed for the people when in fact they are doing the opposite. Every threat they recieve only adds more security personel which comes out of your wallets.
..........![/url]

The Restore America plan is entirely legal, lawful and nonviolent. The FBI has deemed legal and lawful. No ones life has been threatened by the group. Nothing you stated is true and only designed as fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I really hope they can git'r done this way, and avoid a civil war. If not, we're on a collision course with destiny, and I'd hate to see that happen here.

When the politicos stopped listening, the people got pretty mad. As time went on, they yelled louder, and still the politicos refused to hear. Then they stepped way over the line, and the people got REAL mad.

Then the politicos heard, but responded poorly by belittling the voices of the people, and demonizing them. The people then got quiet, stopped yelling because they could see that talking was getting them nowhere. Instead, they started beating their plowshares into swords.

The people mean to be heard, one way or another. I'm hearing a lot of discontent, disappointment, and yes, rage, everywhere I go. The politicos have finally stirred up a hornet's nest.

I really hope this works out, and bloodshed can be avoided, or held to a minimum. I've been fighting nearly all my life, and I did it in hopes that my son would never have to, and here it is, right on his doorstep. I've been called everything from a warmonger to a patsy here on ATS, but the facts are far different. Yeah, I've fought, but I've never met anyone who prefers a peaceful existence more than those who have. We know the cost.

We know what the streets here will look like in that unhappy event.

With that said, peace at any price is not an option. A peaceful life of slavery is not peace at all. Ask a slave.

So, if it comes to that, I'll fight again. I sure do dread that possibility.

Ergo, I really hope this works. I'm not going to hold my breath, though. Until I see it work, I'm just going to keep on beating on this plowshare.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i share many of their political views, etc. but they're not 'the people' as some of you are claiming. i notice lots of right wingers like to call themselves 'the people' and act like the government is thus against the people. in reality, they're a small minority; after all, 'the people' keep voting these guys in.

if they're convincing themselves they're anywhere near a majority, they're deluding themselves.

so, it's actually them, the right wingers here, against the people.

and no, im not a liberal (im very strongly libertarian and so like i said share lots of their political views), im just someone who can think clearly.

the american people aren't far right wingers. otherwise, we'd obviously have far right wingers in office and these guys would have nothing to be upset about.

edit: maybe they think their half-baked plans will work because they really do think the majority of the american people agree with them. well, they don't and even if they were justified in doing some of this stuff, it's only going to get more people to turn against them because they'll see it as forcing their ideology on them. even that governer thing, even if it's legal, people will still see it that way.

the way to change the country is through education and voting. it hasn't worked yet and may never work but it's the only thing that can work.

[edit on 4/2/10 by RedDragon]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Those behind the Restore America Plan are in no way convinced they are the 'majority'......

How could they possibly think that, and how could anyone possibly assume that they would think that?

It does not take a majority to "Restore and re-inhabit the de jure institutions of lawful government."

And I am absolutely disgusted by the medias continuous slander in calling the Restore America Plan an 'anti-government' group. What part of "Restore and re-inhabit the de jure institutions of lawful government." sounds anti-government to them? Restoring government is anti-government? Great use of double-speak by the media.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

yeah, i re-edited my post to explain why even that's a bad idea. violence is a much more terrible idea but that's still a bad idea. you don't get people on your side by thwarting the democractic process. national change comes from majority action, and majority action in our country thankfully doesn't require violence or any technically legal but bizarre things, it just requires voting.

even if this plan (which spells TRAP, lol) works, the majority of the people will just see themselves as having something forced on them. and then they'll just vote in the opposite of the guys from this 'plan' (dunno how you can call something so poorly thought out and destined to fail a plan) and you're back at square A. unless part of the 'plan' is installing a dictatorship or something where people can't vote.

so, really there are only 2 options to get the freedom these people claim to want:

1) education and then voting
2) dictatorship, which is anti-freedom anyways.

[edit on 4/2/10 by RedDragon]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
the way to change the country is through education and voting. it hasn't worked yet and may never work but it's the only thing that can work.

There is a great logical absurdity to that statement.

But beyond that, education is the real key. Part of the Restore America Plan, once the Governors are on board, IS to further educate the 'Majority' on lawful de jure government, slowly but surely.

Nothing is being 'forced' on to the majority, that is made clear over and over again to anyone who has taken the time to listen to the talkshoe episodes.

This is a concurrent system, the UNITED STATES operating out of the District of Columbia is not going to disappear overnight, however the 'people' will finally be offered a Remedy to CHOOSE FOR THEMSELVES whether or not they want to partake in the US Corporation that they are currently under.

This will not be based on having to vote and hope that your side wins... That system of voting and majority is a control scheme, and de jure government is not meant to be a control scheme. De Jure Government is based on individual thought, working towards the common good.

This is why the education process is so key, there are literally hundreds of millions of people that are stuck in one Paradigm, and they all need to be educated. They will NOT be FORCED to make change, they will be given the option to become educated, or to remain as they are. That is my understanding anyhow.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Ionized]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
If anyone gets to this point and they are asking about what the group stands for there are two threads here.

About the movement-2010 Plan to Restore the Constitution - April 19

This one has all aspects included-April 19 1775 transitioning to April 19 2010

here is the letter sent to the goveners

this post is for members wanting to understand the real reason for this movement and to resurch the legallity of the document

MY POSTING THIS LINK IN NO WAY MEANS I ENDORCE WHAT IS SAID AND IS PROVIDED FOR DEBATE ONLY

LEGAL NON VIOLENT ACTION ONLY

educationcenter2000.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join