It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Excercise " Solid Curtain" Held Last Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A Nationwide excercise to be prepared for Domestic Terrorism was held by the US Military last week, and apparently was not given much coverage by the MSM. I found this article from a small paper in Nevada that cover's how the local Navy Base held drill's, including a would be shooter on base. Dubbed " Solid Curtain" an interesting name, this excercise included many activities that "could" happen at US military installations, so that personel would be prepared should such an event take place. Here is the link to that story....

www.lahontanvalleynews.com...&

[edit on 31-3-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
just an exercise, they do them all the time for all sorts of things. really makes for a pain in the pitooie for people going on and off base

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Gotcha, no worrie's then, found another article here, guess they have been doing this on an annual basis, for a number of years...

** Not heard of this "Giant Voice" tool before though, interesting idea...

"Many communication tools will be used to keep base personnel informed about exercise security situations. Computer network alert systems will distribute messages to office computers and the “giant voice system” will be used to immediately alert people base-wide. The giant voice system is an outdoor intercom loud enough to alert anyone outside on base of a potential threat."

www.flagshipnews.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Last week, I heard "operations" of some sort in my area. And usually when Fort Lewis plans exercises, they inform the public before-hand. But nope, just a bunch of noise. Weird, in rapid succession, like "real" fire fighting lasting many hours. Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I wish they would just give the soldiers their weapons back while on base.
Ft. Hood shooter would have been taken down way sooner.

Any training for defense of our soil concerns me greatly, whether it be for malicious or legit purposes...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sounds eerily like 'Iron Curtain'.
For those of you too young to know...........

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
all in all it makes sense for the military to do at least annual training on security to involve realtime scenarios and exercises. many new personnel transfer in and out during the course of a year, and without the exercises, true failures could emerge in an actual emergency, leading to uneccessary loss of life or assets.

as far as the name goes, bad choice maybe? just saying "solid curtain" :no one gets in" lol i dunno, just pondering there.

join