It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Plan to Restore the Constitution - April 19

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well, there is no accounting for taste or reality I guess. But as long as they are going about it in a peaceful manner they could protest clouds for all I care.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Couple million showed up in DC and what did it accomplish?

it did a lot for Martin Luther King

sorry for the 1 line

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm confused about one thing...if these "Article of Freedom" are supposed to be a call to arms to "restore" the Constitution, what's with the Christian imagery? The Constitution and our government is not supposed to endorse a religion above any other. It seems the writer fo these "articles" has let in his person bias in a few different ways.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
I'm confused about one thing...if these "Article of Freedom" are supposed to be a call to arms to "restore" the Constitution, what's with the Christian imagery? The Constitution and our government is not supposed to endorse a religion above any other. It seems the writer fo these "articles" has let in his person bias in a few different ways.

That's because many self acclaimed constitutionalists believe this is God's country. The US military is God's Army.

Stupid? You know it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
WOW. guess what happens on april 20th? not a DAMN thing. they will sit in their ivory towers and LAUGH AT IT- just like the last 1,000,000,000,000 times a peaceful protest was launched. kudos for still chasing the dream tho...oh, and before someone tells me how Im not a "real patriot" or some bs that you tell yourself to try to be condescending and feel like you are "doing something", first prove me wrong, and name ONCE that that has worked out for you? YOU CANT because it NEVER DOES. and the fact that it lines up with some shady satanists' blood ritual holiday, makes you wanna just run right down to "the ol' meetin' spot" when some anonymous source tells you to, huh? genius. and I'll also save you the trouble of your next condescending thought: "what, you got a better idea?" haha...see? its THAT predictable. I feel like Im watching re-runs of "friends". well, I just wanted to put that reality check down. good luck anyway, and I really do hope it works out for you. be safe.

*Im sorry to be so abrasive people, but I just want to make clear that it dosent work like that. thats the tea partys' whole rediculous modus operandi, and you see how much respect they get or how much they have accomplished. and it makes me sad when the riot cops beat on peaceful protesters (check the last billion peaceful protests' final result.)

[edit on 1-4-2010 by 12.13.2012]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

That was my assumption, as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

yea, and people are still thinkin "it's gonna change everything, and its all gonna be pork chops and gum drops from here on out!" if tptb didnt CREATE this for "big fema/rfid round up day", then they are laughing so hard right now they probably crapped their $1,000,000,000 pants just clowning the idea that "the plebs are coming...and they're singing john lennon songs...oh no!"

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
I for one would like to go, but I have commitments here that I can't get out of. I do encourage other people to go, though.

^^^ LOL! this is what all the blackwater troops are saying! hahahaha

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

sorry for the 1 line

Yeah it got him killed and it still didn't free his people. Point is it did even less this time around, it didn't do squat!

[edit on 1-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

sorry for the 1 line

Yeah it got him killed and it still didn't free his people. Point is it did even less this time around, it didn't do squat!

^ exactly.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO road trip to Austin! I'm in

link   

Originally posted by 12.13.2012

yea, and people are still thinkin "it's gonna change everything, and its all gonna be pork chops and gum drops from here on out!" if tptb didnt CREATE this for "big fema/rfid round up day", then they are laughing so hard right now they probably crapped their $1,000,000,000 pants just clowning the idea that "the plebs are coming...and they're singing john lennon songs...oh no!"

I don't really follow your comment...I don't mean to offend, but could you edit it a bit? It's hard for me to tell what side of this you're falling on, or what you're even trying to say.

link   
btw hawkiye, I like your avatar picture. what is the name of that painting? or do you know who painted it? thats awesome. its a good representation of a time people have forgotten. I like it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.13.2012

Originally posted by warpcrafter
I for one would like to go, but I have commitments here that I can't get out of. I do encourage other people to go, though.

^^^ LOL! this is what all the blackwater troops are saying! hahahaha

tell them good luck when the US Dollar collapses
and it's American Halliburton paying them.
Itll just be a piece of paper.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

wow, ok...I was being sarcastic. which part do you not understand and I'll elaborate. and for the record, Im all for peaceful revolution (if that is even obtainable anymore), but I just dont see this april 19th as anything more than an enlarged tea party rally. Im no psychic, but lets all make a thread on april 20th (if its not a trick and the net is gone) and we will review how the 19th went. I bet its not going to be much different than today, sadly.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.13.2012

Ah, ok. Now your first post is a bit clearer. The lack of punctuation and odd sentence structure made the sarcasm a bit hard to pick out. Sorry!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I dont think they care who's paying them, or what they have to do, as long as they get paid. hell, most of them would probably do it for free just because they like to harm people, and their pay is just an added bonus. and they already slithered out of the last trouble by changing their name to "XE", so...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

sorry. I was big into the punctuation and sentence structure until a few days ago. I got lazy, sorry.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.13.2012

Its the Battle of Lexington. can't remember where I got it

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I am sure I'm not the only person to have thought of this, but is it possible, perhaps, that the government heard of this happening on April 19th, realized that it was scheduled on the anniversary date of the "shot heard round the world," and got scared....and that is why they decided to suddenly start raiding the militias?

I have no idea if it is true that those militias were or were not planning on hurting police officers. If that is true, then I'm glad they were stopped before they could hurt anyone.
However... if they were not planning on hurting anyone, and the government decided to just make an excuse to start raiding the militias as a "show of force" - all I can say is hmmm....

I agree with everything in the articles. I have been saying much of that for years. I myself have ranted a few times here on ATS about how the POTUS does not have the constitutional right to send in tropps without the congress declaring war. And you know what the response I get is? "Declaring War is old school....we just don't do it anymore." WTF?? There was a REASON our founding fathers put that in the constitutionn, and that is so our president can't go around ordering troops into foreign lands like a KING can.

Yes, the president is the commander in chief in the event of a war, but that doesn't mean that the president alone should have the power to START wars. The fact that our presidents have been doing this since WWII gets me so angry, yet it doesn't seem to bother anyone else. And yet, despite how badly these "police actions" or whatever they want to call them, always turn out, they continue to do it, over and over again, and never learn from their mistakes. THAT is what the founding fathers were hoping to AVOID.

The other stuff I agree with, too. For example, I admit I wanted health care reform...it was ridiculous that people who got sick were dropped from their insurance policies, or refused insurance for pre-existing conditions. (Myself included!) But the government went too far when they mandated that people must carry health insurance, otherwise they are in violation of the law. It should be a personal choice if someone wants to carry health insurance or not. They should have made it illegal for health care providers to discriminate against pre-existing conditions, or made it illegal to drop someone from health insurance who got sick....discrimination has been illegal for a long time now, so discriminating against pre-existing conditions would have had a precedence. But to make it a law for all people to BUY health insurance....that is just absurdly un-American. It was just another example of a corrupt government being bought out by big corporations...the insurance corporations. They had a chance to do something amazing, and they screwed it up. I should have known they would do something this stupid and corrupt....yet, I was an idiot.

However, even though I'm angry, I am torn about going to an event on April 19th. On one hand, for years, I have been hoping that people will stand up and say "this isn't right." On the other hand, I abhor violence, and I don't want to go to something that could turn violent. Then again, there comes a point when every American needs to have courage to stand up against their government when they feel their government is abusing and over-reaching their constitutional authority, and this is probably one of those times. The more people who show up, the more chance we have of being heard.

The funny thing is that I am not even right-wing a conservative. I have always considered myself to be "middle of the road", yet I strongly believe that there was a reason that everything in the Constitution was placed there. I don't know if there is something as a "constitutional moderate" but if there is, that would be me.

edit to add:

What I want to know is what they mean by "take civic action" if millions of other people sign the pledge. Does that mean violent action? Peaceful action? Political action? That point needs to be clairfied.

Sadly, the government doesn't listen to their people anymore. The only thing they listen to is money. So, personally, I think the only thing they'll listen at this point would be a giant tax revolt. If enough people just said: That's it, no more. I will not give my government any more of my hard-earned money to wage war on other countries, and kill other people.

After all, I don't give drug addicts money to buy drugs. I don't give alcholics money to buy alcohol. Why should I give power-addicts (congressmen and senators and presidents) money to get more power by waging more illegal wars, passing more corrupt laws, and pocketing millions of dollars for serving the corporations and the special interests?

Enough is enough. If our "leaders" in Washington are going to behave like irrational children, then I say, let's treat them like irrational children and CUT OFF THEIR ALLOWANCE.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by nikiano]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join