It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Watched "American History X" for the First Time.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I enjoyed watching it when it first came out...it is a powerful movie with many issues that it confronts...racism being the primary one....

Like another poster mentioned earlier, in prison you dont change your colours so easily, even if your own has done you wrong...I beleive this is (like it or not) the influence of the jewish lobby in hollywood....they couldnt make a movie where he continues to do wrong on behalf of Nazi theology could they?

This movie is similar to the Australian movie with Russel Crowe (before he hit it big in the USA) Romper Stomper....which was also a moving film that touched on several issues....I beleive it confronted the racism issue far better than American History X did.

thou the targetted group were Vietnamese here rather than Blacks.....

Romper Stomper

I saw Romper Stomper for the first time 2 years ago. I heard about it and people said that this movie is what helped Russel Crow to get into the main stream movies. As for changing your colors after your own done something wrong to you, your right it wouldn't have happened as quick or possibly not at all. The reason this worked out as quickly is because for one Norton wasn't raised up to be racists. His dad had leanings (remember the dinner table speach about the teacher and saying the difference is thats "N****r BS", trying to differentiate from the "regular BS" out their) but the teen didn't. Then when his father was killed and how he was killed and where thats when he started the spiral down into his hatred for THOSE PEOPLE. He was the leader and did those things, but somewhere in him he was able to confront what his anger was about. Remember when Danny's teacher Elliott Gould was dating his mom and then when Norton couldn't take it started to go into a diatribe about this and that and what should be done in regards to race and everybody not "white". And Elliott tried to ask him what are you trying to say, he had misdirected anger that wasn't going anywhere until he focused it on hatred of others.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

I had to get to know my islander mates again after Romper Stomper..... Brutal but accurate...

<< 1   >>

join