It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

monarch butterflies the next to be destroyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
monarch butterflies down around 60 percent

the next to be affected.

i'm someone who sees climate change as a normal earthly change. its something that just happens...but with that plus the amount of stress we put on it...couldn't it still be much worse than what the earth has seen before?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tektek2012

Even though people do not wish to believe it, we are a part of the natural process for good or ill. I'm sure everything will pan out.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

or at least they'll pan out enviromentally naturally. there are many other things that we will do in the future that are almost certain to happen.

we are the generation that needs to follow this sort of stuff as much as possible.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, I'd bet the farm that Monsanto has something to do with this. Watch this:

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

There are numerous other youtube videos about Monsanto, too.

I live in an area where Monarchs spend the summer and they are clearly down in numbers.

Jason

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Well the illegal loggers are the poor forced to such measures due to the NAFTA U.S. corporate destruction of Mexico. Actually some of the ejidos are controlled by strong-men types who try to log the forests and the community protests against it:

ecolifefoundation.typepad.com...

According to sources, the indigenous community of Crescencio Morales has blockaded the road between Michoacan and the State of Mexico in protest of government incompetence and incapacity to stop illegal logging. They demand that the government, ideally the army, establish permanent check points to guard their forest. They are renting heavy machinery to block off roads and prevent loggers from entering the forest. However they demand help from the government to protect what they have. They warned the government of the blockade, but due to lack of response, have halted traffic until specific action is taken.

Says here illegal logging is the primary threat to the monarch butterfly:

www.wwf.org.mx...

yep - the commerical loggers are well-connected thugs:

www.indiana.edu...

Although the Mazahua community has endeavored to prevent logging by outsiders, it has limited resources to defend their extensive forest area against the well-armed, politically connected loggers. In several instances, the community has captured loggers and turned them over to authorities, but the loggers have never been prosecuted.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by drew hempel]

top topics

join