It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police use stun gun on child is taht ok?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
hello ats i dint know where to put this but here is a news article i found from yahoo
about a boy in day care who was stunned by police

Police: Officers investigated for using stun gun on 'combative' child, 10
Officers allegedly shocked, slapped child
Updated: Wednesday, 31 Mar 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 31 Mar 2010, 6:38 PM EDT

MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (WISH) - Two Martinsville officers have been suspended with pay after using a stun gun on an allegedly unruly 10-year-old child.

A joint statement from the Martinsville mayor's office and the police department says officers were called to a day care to help subdue an out of control child that was "being combative and attempting to do harm to other children and caretakers at the day care facility."

The statement says when officers arrived at the facility, the child was kicking and hitting those in control and refusing to obey officers' commands.

Officers then used a stun gun on the child and also slapped the child in order to gain control of the situation, the release says.

Police had previously been called to handle the child, according to the release.

The mayor's statement does not mention exactly when and where the incident happened. Nor does it mention whether the child needed medical attention.

Martinsville Police say Thursday morning they will release more information regarding the case.

The statement says the officers have been suspended with pay and placed on administrative duty pending an investigation into the incident.

The Morgan County Sheriff's Department will head the investigation.

maybe i go crazy but isnt there other and/or better ways to subdue children?
it just doesn't seem ok to electrify children im all for punishing children when their bad but this is a bit extreme

[edit on 31-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No ,it is not. but it seems to be increasing this power/control mentality in The largest street gang in America

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16476b3d8f65.jpg[/atsimg]

Be careful or you will stir up the "Ohh its just a few bad apples group"

They are just itching to use them. And there have been plenty of threads about them.
Open for ideas on how to fix the problem. I think starting over from scratch. Get rid of police and just have a Sheriff maybe.....

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If these cops needed to use a stun gun on a 10 year old kid to protect themselves from imminent threat of bodily harm, then I'd hate to see what they would use on an adult. A tank maybe?

edit:spelling

[edit on 3/31/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If your command presence fails and you have to resort to physical force to subdue at 10 Yr old , that's one thing. To resort to mechanical force is unacceptable. (IMHO , I wasn't there) In my experience , you should be able to have a 10 Yr old comply by your presence alone , if you can't do that then maybe you should go ahead and turn in your shield.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

and their using that beast to stun people?? that looks nasty

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Be careful or you will stir up the "Ohh its just a few bad apples group"

Yep i cannot stand that group. Police are 1st degree murderers, and people are out there organizing using the police to murder people for no reason.

Anyone that goes to the police making up horrendous stuff and its proved to be true, should be in jail themselves with all the police that have committed these crimes.

Oh woops, if the police where locked up for crimes they committed, there would be no police, as they are all murderers(95% of them anyway).

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

i´d be scared if i came across this as well..

all jokes aside, if you can´t handle a ten year old by your presence or physical strength, you shouldn´t be in the ´force´.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

i heard about this militia group the "hutaree" or christian warriors in english they were going to kill police officers and bomb at the funerals
then they were convicted and stuff and now there in jail

sounds like terrorism to me

im not sure about all this police are murderers stuff but i know a few cops and they seem alright to me

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
On the surface of it, it sounds like unnecessary force, however, I have to wonder why the OP left the link out, so we could examine the story ourselves.

The officers had to know this was going to play badly for them, and the OP quote from story DID indicate the officer(s) were suspended pending investigation, but I can conceive of a situation where it was appropriate in spite of the child's age. Was there a weapon involved? Was the 10-year-old threatening another child with a weapon? Was the child having a psychotic break of some kind and was endangering themselves or others? Not to imply that a stun gun would be an appropriate response to any of these questions, but I'd sure like to know what their reasoning was to using such force.

Will be following this.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Couldn't the cops just cuff the kid? I mean come on. Cuff the kid and then call the parents. This kind of behavior is completely ridiculous. I hate the fact that whenever some sort of police misconduct happens, they get suspended with pay. If any other person behaved in this manner while they were at work would be fired immediately.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Okay, just found this article regarding the OP.

If things went down as indicated in the article, then I think excessive force was used. Frankly, I'm more concerned about the alleged slap in the mouth than the "two-second shot" of the stun gun.

I'm kinda curious why a 10-year-old was in a place called "Tender Teddies" anyway. Shouldn't that be Tender Teddys as in bears? Isn't there a regular school for 10-year-olds? Curious.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
On the surface of it, it sounds like unnecessary force, however, I have to wonder why the OP left the link out, so we could examine the story ourselves.

sorry i forget to do that here you go
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Now that I read back what I wrote, it sounds like an accusation. Well, the truth is, I think I meant it that way when I wrote it. That was unnecessary on my part, Ashanu, not to mention sideways talk and indirect. My apologies to you.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

its ok things like that happen

i wonder why they just let the cops off with payed suspension that seems wrong to me

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
NO, it isn't okay. Disgusting.

I never used a Taser and don't want to. They have their place, sure but NOT ON KIDS

Those cops are lucky I am not their boss.

I can't wait to retire into a secluded little mountain home......

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Its not okay but i will not lie i laughed, i just was thinking of a high pitched voice yelling "don't taze me bro AHHHHHH"

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Maybe it was a situation like this?

A slap? A tazer?

There is an old saying that to the man with a hammer everything looks like a nail.

So what are they - a non-lethal tool to stop someone from hurting themselves or others?

OR

A compliance device to be used in most any situation the officer deems fit?

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

i guess that phrase makes sense
i wonder who is hiring these people though? shouldnt cops go through a psych evaluation before they join the force? they have a pretty important job

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Its not okay but i will not lie i laughed, i just was thinking of a high pitched voice yelling "don't taze me bro AHHHHHH"

LOL, thanks for the mental imagery, that is great. Unless the kid had a gun, that cop should be locked up for assault on a minor.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

maybe they threw a gun at him and yelled "HES GOT A GUN!!!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join