It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega-Flood Triggered Cooling 13,000 Years Ago: Scientists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
If you wiki the Flood myth you will find that all cultures have a story of a great flood and then coming from a hidden place or area to repopulate the land. I think the flood happened from the ending of the last Ice Age and it's true that fresh water may have been trapped in the Glacial walls of North America. Around New York the ice sheet was over 1 mile thick, and during the melting process its entirely possible for a massive water lake to be trapped in the glacier. And when it became to heavy to hold back the glacial wall broke and the water came rushing out. It happened in the upper plains also in North America.

We know from geological layers here in Louisiana, that the Mississippi river stretched from Mississippi to almost Texas at this time. Lousiana was completely underwater, we even have whale fossils just south of Arkansas from this time frame.

When the Glaciers melted it would have been a real nasty time to live in.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

There are fossil shells on the top of Mt. Everest.

Explain that.

The Himalayas were created when the Indian subcontinent tectonic plate slammed into the Asian plate. In fact, they are still being pushed up to this day. Therefore, it is highly possible that the top of Mount Everest was once at sea level....and that would explain why there are fossil shells at the top of the mountain (assuming that you are correct; I do not know if any fossils have actually been discovered there).

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Mogget]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

There are fossil shells on the top of Mt. Everest.

Explain that.

The Himalayas were created when the Indian subcontinent tectonic plate slammed into the Asian plate. In fact, they are still being pushed up to this day. Therefore, it is highly possible that the top of Mount Everest was once at sea level....and that would explain why there are fossil shells at the top of the mountain (assuming that you are correct; I do not know if any fossils have actually been discovered there).

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Mogget]

Correct.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

And thse fossils are apparently sold as common merchandise in the area:

www.iwalku2.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here's a handy link (from Wikipedia) describing the Pleistocene epoch from 2.588 million to 12,000  years BP covering the world's recent period of repeated glaciations., for your enjoyment.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I found an interesting article about the Georgia Guidestones. I'm sure many here have heard of this Stonehenge-like "monument" of instructions to future generations. I've exerpted a paragraph from the article that caught my attention and have also included a link to the article below:

theweek.com...
"Weidner also has a theory about the purpose of the Guidestones. He believes that for generations the Rosicrucians have been passing down knowledge of a solar cycle that climaxes every 13,000 years. During this culmination, outsize coronal mass ejections are supposed to devastate Earth. Currently, Weidner believes, the organization behind the Guidestones is orchestrating a “planetary chaos,” which began with the collapse of the U.S. financial system and will result eventually in major disruptions of oil and food supplies, mass riots, and ethnic wars worldwide, all leading up to the Big Event on Dec. 21, 2012. “They want to get the population down,” Weidner says, “and this is what they think will do it.”

From a longer story originally published in the May 2009 issue of Wired.
www.wired.com...

[edit on 4/20/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My initial external source link died: here's a new link to the story:

Mega-flood triggered cooling 13,000 years ago: scientists
Mon, Mar 29 2010
By David Fogarty, Climate Change Correspondent, Asia
SINGAPORE | Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04pm EDT

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 8/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This crosses over to the threads about the Greenland ice sheets breaking away...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Warning to the uninformed: Sarcasm follows:

13,000 years ago. Shades of the Niburu passing anyone. At least it adds more weight to the global flood argument. There are those who say, as I'm sure many of you have heard, that the Earth goes through a worldwide cataclysm every 13,000 years or so. More fuel for the fire? Thoughts? Could there be more to the 2012 date than meets the eye? Keep watching the skies for that Brown Dwarf everyone...

//Sarcasm ends

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/31/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

What I'm interested in here is a theory of cyclic sudden global climate change. And the fact that recorded history goes back only about 13,000 years or so.

I've stopped being sarcastic regarding Nibiru/Planet X/Wormwood (whatever you want to call it). It's really no laughing matter, and it's going to come up and bite us on the bum. Prepare now, before it's too late.

edit on 11/24/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: wording

edit on 11/24/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Velicovski's flood
there are whole ISLANDS in the arctic made from crushed animals
in northern Siberia.
Apparently they were swept there from off of the steppes in a gigantic flood, and deposited in huge smashed heeps and frozen ever since aprox 12,000 years ago.
Glad I learned of Velikovski in a book and not on the internet.

Whole mastodons were frozen which the experts say must have happened at below 140 deg F.
From buttercup weather to almost absolute zero in a couple of chews and still frozen and edible to day.
www.s8int.com...

Save me al gore, save me
I'll pay you what every you want.....after

edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Whole mastodons were frozen which the experts say must have happened at below 140 deg F.
What experts say that? Got a name or names and a reference to where they said it please?

The sources I read (see below for one of them) said they died very quickly with food in their mouth, but could have just fallen through some ice into the water which would explain why they died so quickly, drowning in the water, or a similar fate. I can relate to this since I personally crossed an ice covered river when the ice suddenly gave way and had the water been deeper it would have swallowed me up. And it's not like the Mastadons didn't live in a frozen area to begin with, they could die quickly by sinking into any wet marshy area and Siberia has plenty of those.

From buttercup weather to almost absolute zero in a couple of chews and still frozen and edible to day. www.s8int.com...
Yeah, I think that must be a joke site you quoted, it lists abovetopsecret.com as a source. If I use that source I can also find information about people being harassed by reptilians in lower astral planes , but that doesn't mean it's true. You know absolute zero doesn't exist even in space right?

Regarding "edible today", the original sources indicate the carcasses were terribly decayed, and the stench so unbearable that only the dogs accompanying the finders, and wild scavengers, showed any interest in the flesh:

"Frozen Mammoths and Modern Geology: The death of the giants can be explained as a hazard of tundra life, without evoking catastrophic events".

I'm not suggesting there wasn't a climate change 13000 years ago, I'm sure there was, I'm only saying I haven't seen any credible evidence of a catastrophic climate change like you suggest: "From buttercup weather to almost absolute zero in a couple of chews". But if you have any CREDIBLE sources to the contrary please post them, but please, no more joke sources like the one posted earlier.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
OP news link is dead. Here's a fresh link:

Mega-flood triggered cooling 13,000 yrs ago-scientists
uk.reuters.com...
edit on 12/6/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Hmmm...

So it's a cycle. Every 10,000 years or so, the world warms up. This melts the ice caps and causes global flooding. The flooding cools the Earth down enough to freeze the excess water (ice age). Then it repeats.

And what happens to humans when it floods? The noble man builds an ark, the fools just drown.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Hmmm...

So it's a cycle. Every 10,000 years or so, the world warms up. This melts the ice caps and causes global flooding. The flooding cools the Earth down enough to freeze the excess water (ice age). Then it repeats.

And what happens to humans when it floods? The noble man builds an ark, the fools just drown.

This is correct. The fools just drown. But think of what a wonderful world we'll have after the fools are gone! Something we can look forward to.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Related Thread:

Will A Shutdown of The Northern Conveyor Belt Cause Eventually Global Cooling?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by ElectricUniverse
started 3/20/2012 @ 03:21 AM

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
On a side note, we had another Land-O-Cane today 03/22/2012

Links -

National Mosaic - Full Resolution
radar.weather.gov...

Copyright - National Weather Service
www.nws.noaa.gov...

Day After Tomorrow Anyone?

Crazy times, stay safe!
edit on 22-3-2012 by MaKaElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Danbones
What experts say that? Got a name or names and a reference to where they said it please?

The sources I read (see below for one of them) said they died very quickly with food in their mouth, but could have just fallen through some ice into the water which would explain why they died so quickly, drowning in the water, or a similar fate. I can relate to this since I personally crossed an ice covered river when the ice suddenly gave way and had the water been deeper it would have swallowed me up. And it's not like the Mastadons didn't live in a frozen area to begin with, they could die quickly by sinking into any wet marshy area and Siberia has plenty of those.

From buttercup weather to almost absolute zero in a couple of chews and still frozen and edible to day. www.s8int.com...
Yeah, I think that must be a joke site you quoted, it lists abovetopsecret.com as a source. If I use that source I can also find information about people being harassed by reptilians in lower astral planes , but that doesn't mean it's true. You know absolute zero doesn't exist even in space right?

Regarding "edible today", the original sources indicate the carcasses were terribly decayed, and the stench so unbearable that only the dogs accompanying the finders, and wild scavengers, showed any interest in the flesh:

"Frozen Mammoths and Modern Geology: The death of the giants can be explained as a hazard of tundra life, without evoking catastrophic events".

I'm not suggesting there wasn't a climate change 13000 years ago, I'm sure there was, I'm only saying I haven't seen any credible evidence of a catastrophic climate change like you suggest: "From buttercup weather to almost absolute zero in a couple of chews". But if you have any CREDIBLE sources to the contrary please post them, but please, no more joke sources like the one posted earlier.

you don't read to good do you?

To satisfactorily freeze a side of beef takes 30 minutes at -40 degrees Fahrenheit. To deep freeze a huge living warm blooded mammoth, insulated in thick fur, they estimated that temperatures below -150 degrees would be required. Temperatures so low have never been recorded in nature, not even in the arctic.
Source: Alaska Science Forum November 1, 1976. Mystery of the Mammoth and the Buttercups Article #122 by J. Holland

from the above link and this one
nexusilluminati.blogspot.ca...
edit on 22-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

The lowest temperature ever recorded at the surface of the Earth was −89.2 °C (−128.6 °F; 184.0 K) at the Soviet Vostok Station in Antarctica July 21, 1983.[1] Lower temperatures have been achieved in the laboratory, including a record low temperature of 100 pK, or 1.0 × 10-10 K in 1999.[2]
en.wikipedia.org...
it was an Ice age then one might guess lower temps then now
there were two mile high ice sheets after all
Of course the Mammoths and a bunch of other animals suddenly went extinct at the same time...

edit on 22-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join