It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The School of Spirituality - Sign up now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yes, it is finally here! A place where you can go to learn about anything & everything!

Students, which can be of any age, sex, or race, may attend to "The School of Spirituality" to learn and grow spirituality without feeling pressure to believe in one thing or another.

Students may come and go as they please. The school is meant for people to develop their spirituality in their own way. Everyone will be learning about the world and it's history about human spirituality through teaching one another - there is no teacher - there is no "one book" to explain all - we are all teachers and students of spirituality!

Everyone will be taught that there is no one person on earth who is better than another - not because of wealth, looks, intelligence, or anything whatsoever. We are all unique in our own ways, and we all have much to offer. We must syphone out this uniqueness and pore it into one barrel - one barrel in which we can all learn from!

------------------------------

Okay, so what do you think? What would you think if I, or anyone, were to actually create a place where people could come and develop their spirituality in any way they wish? I just had this idea pop into my head, filled with beautiful images of what a joyous place something like this could be.

Imagine it in all its sincerity! You could visit the said "school" of Spirituality and talk amongst others about your traditions and values, religious beliefs, and whatever else helps shape your mind into what you believe is going on in the world. With the uniqueness of having every religion involved (no I'm not advocating a one world religion here so don't take this out of context, please!), as well as agnostics and atheists alike, people could learn the truth about what they have been taught and reshape their core values into something even better than before!

Now, you may say that "Well I'm just fine and dandy with what and how I believe in!" - OK, that's fine! But, how would it hurt you to listen to others and what they have to say? This idea would be amazing in my eyes - I mean when it came down to it my hope would be people would learn the truth about how religious leaders shape their 'sacred text' the way they want it to envelope the minds of the youth and elderly alike. I'm not bashing religion here, but I do believe organized religion is something that needs to be stopped. Organized religion has done nothing but create war and corruption in the higher levels. Look at every war we have fought, up to the ones we are enduring at this current moment, what did they have to do with and what caused them? Religion!

The war of terror is a perfect example and is the most recent. It is a war on Muslim extremists, or any extremist. However, how did it start? It started with Muslim's & 9/11. But, for those of us with an able and thinking mind know better than to believe that Muslims were the cause of 9/11. Without getting into 9/11 too much, all I will say is the following...

9/11 put fear into the masses about Muslims. If you take a look back into just years ago, from 9/11/2001 and on to the present day, Muslims are still looked down upon by many raciest people because they were told by the government what to believe - and that was that Muslims are terrorists. Did the government come out and say that they all were terrorists? No, but the implied it many times. Bush made sure to cover himself by making good with some Muslims, and saying that "not all Muslims are terrorists..." but that did not stop the media from portraying them as terrorists did it?

Now, before I go on I want to say I am in no way a raciest person. The point of this thread is to show you all that I would love for everyone to unite, and for all faiths to be recognized (do not mistaken what I'm saying as an attempt to create a one world religion). Once everyone is educated on one another's faith & beliefs it will be easier to see the similarities in each and help everyone get along much better. Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? It may just be so, but we can try, and hope can we not?

Why can't we all people people of love? This idea I had, when pictured in my mind, I saw everyone ascending into a higher consciousness at the end of the 'movie reel' within my head.

How beautiful would that be for us all to unite and understand and love one another? Why can't we have a place were all can come and worship whomever they wish, believe in whatever they want, and yet still be educated about others beliefs and allow themselves to develop their own ideas and beliefs without being told what to believe in by a book written thousands of years ago, or by some old man who says he is a deity sent from God to tell the world of his words?

Once again, I'm not bashing any religion, or all religion. I myself am a spiritualist, and I would just love to see us all develop our spirituality together. I know it happens for everyone on their own time, but if others were around one another while it were to be happening, we'd learn so much from one another. WE could write the books on what is really going on, WE could unit and create peace in a way we never thought possible!

I want to say "wishful thinking, eh?" but I'm not going to because I truly believe it to be a possibility for something like this to happen. However, for this to happen we need people to help unite everyone in a peaceful manner. That is the first thing we must tackle in this war against our souls in which we are being attacked by those who wish to subdue us into believing what they want us too without question.

Are you all ready to unite and show everyone that amor vincit omnia (love conquers all)?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Or maybe we could just kill every man, woman and child on the surface of the planet and begin anew with premium genetic stock.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is a complex task to say the least but i believe it is attainable. however a catalyst will be needed to change so many people at once. perhaps a mass realization that as uneducated animals there is a stick in the cogs of civilization that holds us back. i for one am looking forward to a life where we can engineer our surroundings to working for us freeing us from common meanial tasks so we can focus on the bigger fish

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Im interested. With the amount of topics on religion and spirituality, I'm starting to think about these things a lot more. I am an atheist, but would some form of spirituality improve my life? I'm pretty happy without it and generally enjoy life, I'm happy not knowing the answers to lifes big questions. I have a happy family and good friends, so why would i need spirituality?

the other thing is im not sure how spirituality would fit into my life. I'm pretty lazy, so it would have to be something easy, without too much effort required, any suggestions?

[edit on 31-3-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

ha, i'll respond to that cuz i liked the nature of your answer, honest and to the point.

It was a strange unfolding for me personally. I used to think exactly like that. I just didn't get the point, and I was reasonably happy.

If you're lazy you're in luck, because meditation actually removes unwanted complication from your life. Meditation from an external view is confusing.. just think of it like putting yourself under a powerful microscope and from there what you choose to do is up to you. That's all I ever intended to do, was to look, maybe move some things around a bit, i was just curious.

What its lead to now is pretty different. Its hard to imagine living otherwise. That's all I will say on the matter.

Curiosity leads us to interesting places, some of them you don't want to turn back. But that's a poor metaphor, lets say... we become more aware of the variety of places to go and the sense of purpose, fulfillment that comes out of it. Don't look for god, look for your deeper self, what springs out of that will be valued of its origins. A personal philosophy springs forth.

I wouldn't want to live life any other way, and I thought I knew happyness, I didn't realize it was a level with depth and variation, not just a state of mind.

Spiritual wouldn't do it justice. I feel I'm gradually becoming a more natural and enhanced state of being.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

btw I was raised athiest, but i'd say it was more fair to say i was agnostic, as in unsure.. and i can say i still am.. its all labels but i mean to imply if agnostic implies admitting one's ignorance then i'll accept that despite my personal philosophy.

I used to be pretty close-minded and miserable, my dad would always make fun of religious people, and I found myself acting in ways that weren't self-derived, like hating and ridiculing what I didn't personaly understand. All spiritualism, even if i kind of felt there was more to life, i still didn't hesitate to jump in and ridicule, but it always fascinated me. I just wrote a big long thing this morning in response to "do you believe in god".. and I knew I couldnt give a simple yes or no answer to that. That being said I feel like i'm being gravely misunderstood if grouped with religion. I'm just a curious guy, simple as that.. its taken me in some direction and I've observed some interesting things, meditation entering those deep trances and expanded awareness, i can't really desribe it. I'm just saying I understand where you're coming from. It's one of those things I'd like to bridge the gap of one day.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ok, firstly, I am all for it. I think such an idea is great. Being a SPIRITUAL, not religious, person makes me think that such a thing is even needed.

Now, here comes the criticism. Yes, there is criticism.
You said, and I quote:

The war of terror is a perfect example and is the most recent. It is a war on Muslim extremists, or any extremist. However, how did it start? It started with Muslim's & 9/11. But, for those of us with an able and thinking mind know better than to believe that Muslims were the cause of 9/11. Without getting into 9/11 too much, all I will say is the following...

9/11 put fear into the masses about Muslims. If you take a look back into just years ago, from 9/11/2001 and on to the present day, Muslims are still looked down upon by many raciest people because they were told by the government what to believe - and that was that Muslims are terrorists. Did the government come out and say that they all were terrorists? No, but the implied it many times. Bush made sure to cover himself by making good with some Muslims, and saying that "not all Muslims are terrorists..." but that did not stop the media from portraying them as terrorists did it?

Firstly, just because one is anti-Islamic does not mean that they are "racist." All it means is that they know a little bit about history. As a matter of fact, for a better understanding of why people are turning more towards personal spirituality, rather than organized religion, read a little bit about the history of all three of the Abrahamic religions. Then, maybe, just maybe, things will make a little more sense to you.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

it is funny what you said there is some sense of truth behind it not like nostradambass that is meaning to preach getting all whatever you want by just willing it
i wish that anyone who wants something would never get it, truth must be the life reality freedom lead not wills
we would be happy in all circumstances if the beyond was living concept everything would be just right at least there wont be under nothing anything and what is living right would be granted to feel free

but you are right in meaning freedom as the answer to all senses that is how i am and that is how gods are not, their sense of inferiority to geniun superior truth sources replace their freedom by wills
it is horrible to know how the most rich are whom expect the most to get the least considerations to their abilities
it is horrible because screw them with their complex they made of it a living horror shows for what they cant admit to let go and accept their inferiority to be true for what they refuse to love truth even when it is only maths source, they despise true values and enjoy to value forms, these are marks of the beast that gods are it all

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Man, I'm ready to buy a couple hundred square miles of forest and put your idea to work. That is EXACTLY as I picture living..complete spiritual awareness... nailed it

S&F for you, brotha man.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
By the way, check out my thread just a few below this titled "for anyone on a spiritual journey..." I would love to read what you have to say.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You have a wonderful concept there and I would like to see a place like that. A Sanctuary for the Soul where people can come for time out of their hectic lives to find meaning within themselves through the shareing of what has worked for other people to Awaken themselves and then be free to modify it for personal use.

The only problem I see with this concept is that the time is not right as yet.

The reasoning for this is quite simple really. Humanity is heading for a climax, one that will shape the future.. if there is to be one for humanity. To reach that point we have to allow all that is occuring now in the world to come to its own, natural completion.

In doing so we will ensure that humanity no longer needs to recall these negative traits and behaviours in order to finalise our experience of them.

So in the meantime many of us are planting seeds for that future, when the time is right for humanity to step out of the box and explore laterally for a change. What growth awaits us!

Be well.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Firstly, just because one is anti-Islamic does not mean that they are "racist." All it means is that they know a little bit about history. As a matter of fact, for a better understanding of why people are turning more towards personal spirituality, rather than organized religion, read a little bit about the history of all three of the Abrahamic religions. Then, maybe, just maybe, things will make a little more sense to you.

Well I never said everyone is racist at all, and it's good you mention that little is known about certain histories.

We need to educate one another on history, not just spiritual and religious history, but history as a whole. If we understand history, we will not repeat it. I know that wording is over-stated many times in many places, but in congruence with the OP it fits perfectly.

I never claimed to know everything, nor do I, nor do anyone else for that matter. I would like to divulge my mind into some more theology most definitely, in fact I was thinking of taking up studying it at the college level - although I can learn just as much, if not more, by conducting my own research. And yes, learning more will help me understand better about many things so you are correct there. I think that applies to everyone though, does it not?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I wanted to add... if anyone really would like to create a project like this, and has some connections that would be of help to us, I am definitely down to do this, as I assume many others would be.

Imagine - a "Spiritual School" in every major city, allowing children and adults alike to come and enjoy sharing experiences, knowledge, and just basically having fun learning about other cultures and spirituality.

Ahh... I wish we could all just ascend to a higher consciousness... I really, really do!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
SPIRITUAL REVOLUTION... If that day ever comes, I will be the most ecstatic person ever.
I'm seriously down for this. I need to finish college, probably take a couple more history classes. But I'm in astronomy astrophysics and psychology right now.
But I have always dreamed of living off the land, being part of a spiritual community where there is no hate, racism, greed, anger... just spirituality in its purest form.

If this comes to pass, count me in as the first bhikkhu

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dank513

Sounds good!

It would be cool to have a centralized location that this could all start. Only love will prevail there, and that is it.

If we only had someone to financially back us... this would be great! I would love to put this all together and make it a reality, wouldn't you all love to be apart of something like this???

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Start lookin for grants!

I can totally see the government taking this as a cult and labeling us as crazies... but hey, that's life... I definitely don't want this land to be in The United Corporate Dictatorship of America... I'd prefer somewhere more serene.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
Ahh... I wish we could all just ascend to a higher consciousness... I really, really do!

Well, some will and some will not. That, I am afraid, is the long and the short of it. Those who have to be told what to and what not to believe are not evolving at all, as far as I can tell.

We will see, and it will be soon.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Those who have to be told what to and what not to believe are not evolving at all, as far as I can tell.

I disagree, everyone is capable of enlightenment.. it is in all of us.. I am one with you, and you are one with me, as we are one with the universe and the universe is one with us. All they need is a little push toward the light and the awareness will expand their minds to the point of spiritual recognition.. once you realize what is out there, it's hard to turn back.
Like I said, they just need a little push.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Dank513]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Well, some will and some will not. That, I am afraid, is the long and the short of it. Those who have to be told what to and what not to believe are not evolving at all, as far as I can tell.

We will see, and it will be soon.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

Everyone always say that but they don't realize the extent of what they're saying.

Someone cannot be forced into believing in anything spiritual that is correct. However, people can be educated in spirituality and draw their own conclusions, and usually people tend to find a lot of similarities. Just take a look at these forums, it's a great example.

If I post a thread about some spiritual experience I had, tons of people pile in saying they have had similar experiences, or know what I'm talking about.

If we could get people together, of all religious types, races, and sex, well eventually everyone will become aware of it all, will they not? It's all about critical mass here... put enough people in an area who come from all different areas of spirituality and eventually the truth will sprout from it.

How beautiful would that be?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Spirituality is something that comes from within, not from the pretty words of our would be teachers or saviors.

"If you can't see God in everything, You can't see God in anything."

I've always considered myself very spiritual, but I've never felt it was my place to lead or teach or show the way to anyone. Their soul is as unique as the finger prints on their hands and their path is just as unique.

Religions, religious schools, Guru's and saints are not there to teach you what you need to know, they are there to teach you what they think you need to know. They're usually wrong.

Trust your heart, Trust the divine, follow the path you're on and you will find your way.

Spirituality is probably the most solitary endeavor you can face, but the journey is worth the rewards.

wupy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join