It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richardson Orders National Guard To Patrol Mexican Border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm glad Richardson is doing this. It's about time. Either change the laws or enforce them.

I live fairly close to the border and while we aren't in any danger, there are plenty of people crossing that border illegally that show up here.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

What world are you living in...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
It's not about keeping the wetbacks out...

Those few words right there reveals what this is all about. And it speaks loads to the kind of person YOU ARE!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It's not about keeping the wetbacks out

And so I exit this thread.

There is no use in discussing a serious topic with a racist idiot.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

There are laws here. I resent the assumption that if someone is against illegal immigration that they are bigoted or racist.

I've lived in the Southwest most of my life and I've seen the problems caused by illegal immigration here.

I'm afraid that people who don't have any experience with it don't know what they're talking about.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I've lived here most of my life also and
I do applaud this decision by Gov. Bill but I also see Richardson positioning himself for another run at the WH. If he runs he's got my vote.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You're probably right. If he had run last time, he would have had my vote, too.
I REALLY like him.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There are laws here.

Were your ancestors slave owners because that too was once legal and protected by a MAN MADE law?

And .. PLEEEEEASE, you don't fool me one minute, I think I can say with 100% certainty that even YOU do not follow all of your BIASED man made laws. Unless you are a perfect saint, then you're just acting like a hypocrite.

BTW, I do not respect mans laws. I live by natures laws.

I'm ashamed of this action and I will be the big one here and apologize to our neighbor, and brothers and sisters, for these acts committed by YOUR KIND!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

We won't be mowed over. We have our guns. The good news is that there are a lot of hispanics here that don't like the illegal immigrants, nor the drug cartels.

It'll just be a lot of armed territory for them to take over.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Were your ancestors slave owners because that too was once legal and protected by a MAN MADE law?

What my ancestors did or didn't do has absolutely nothing to do with this. For one thing, I am not responsible for what my ancestors did or didn't do.

Any laws I don't follow do not cause death, security issues, unemployment or ANY problems for anyone else.

BTW, I do not respect mans laws. I live by natures laws.

That's fine. That's your choice. But we live in a land of laws for a reason. We are a society. Without laws, it would be anarchy. And not in a good way.

for these acts committed by YOUR KIND!

What acts committed by "my kind"? What is "my kind"? What acts? What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The big problem is not illegal immigration.

Its the armed drug cartels crossing the border.
Very few illegals crossing are armed but the drug cartel people cross with there loads of drugs and ARE armed.

The drug cartel people WILL shot anyone that gets in there way.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Its the armed drug cartels crossing the border.

THAT I will fully agree with. YET .. who is really to blame? Those drug cartels? Or their CUSTOMERS? (I blame the customers! deport THEM! and the cartels will follow THEM!)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

What acts committed by "my kind"? What is "my kind"? What acts? What are you talking about?

I've been here long enough to know what "your kind" is....

From my observation you are a sweet, compassionate, caring human and dog lover, with out a mean bone in your body.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

So, now you're defending the drug cartels?
They're not to blame? OMG! You want to deport the American citizens in defense of the illegal immigrants?
That's just crazy! Hey, maybe if we ALL left, people would stop entering our country illegally. Sounds like a... really crazy idea.

Thanks, whaaa.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm just guessing, but the way that person generally thinks of someone with opinions that differ from him.....his reply history would dictate that "your kind" would either be racist or you're a bigot. Seems to be sop, if you disagree with them. However having done my fair share of arguing/debating with you, I've never gotten that impresssion about you myself. It does seem that some people can only play the race/bigot card when they have no other arguements. It's about time this was done....I liveed in Colorado for 13 years, not by choice, and the illegals are a problem there as well. So yeah, put up a fence, bring on the gaurd, the border patrol and above aall, enforce the laws we have.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I knew this was going to be a volatile topic when I posted but please... this not about keeping honest hard working folks from coming to the USA...

Just a few days back I put up another thread on how one Texas town lives in constant fear. where Mexican drug cartels are recruiting students from U.S. High schools along the border to become part of their operation. Most work as runners, and some are dying because of their affiliation or their refusal to join.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This time last year here in Albuquerque they found 13 murdered ladies on the west side of town. the local police trying to calm fears claimed it might be the work of one man... but the theory detectives are working on is these girls were forced into being drug mules then later killed to keep them quiet...

Yes having the National Guard out there will prevent some Mexican families from coming here. I say it its sad but a small price to pay when weighted against our children. Yes it may sound harsh but sometime you got to make that call...

And before you call me a racist
Mi familia vino a New México hace 300 años, de España

[edit on 31-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What the national guard will do is be spotters for border patrol and local law enforcement. The problem is not there isnt enough border patrol agents to stop incursions.The problem is getting them to the right place at the right time. The military is great at providing tactical information and coordinating which will come in handy.Als probably makes the border patrol feel better knowing they can call in an apache if they need to.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It's not about keeping the wetbacks out

And so I exit this thread.

There is no use in discussing a serious topic with a racist idiot.

LOL.

We didn't want to talk to you anyway. LOL

I live down here in Las Cruces New Mexico which is about 15 miles from the border. I haven't really seen any kind of surge in violence, but there has always been a good amount of thuggery around here.

I am glad they are going to do this. It should have been done a long time ago. The border patrol is not equipped to deal with incursions of corrupt Mexican military. Hopefully the NG will be.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is a real smart move by Governor Richardson, and now hopefully other governors will follow suit. The security situation along the southern border with Mexico is a nightmare and progressively got worse over the years. Moreover, this approach should have been taken years ago, but some how it got lost in the malaise of other more pressing issues. That last sentence was a little sarcasm, because if there is such a thing as a national security problem, then the violence on the border certainly meets that criteria.

As some have already said, this response is not aimed at illegal immigration but a show of force by the state of New Mexico that if the narco-terrorists cross the border they risk being engaged by military personal. Hopefully, it will be a deterrent to those who wish to export the violence currently holding Mexico hostage to the US? However, that is only wishful thinking, because as long as there is money to be made in the US, they will continue to cross regardless of who are what you put on the border. Anyway, it is a good idea and hopefully it gives the the murders a moment of pause before crossing.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I’m shocked by the bleeding hearts here! If you live paycheck to paycheck do you go down to the local soup kitchen and tell 100 of them to live at you house-forever?! No!
I see the good intentions but it makes no sense, 5-10 million Americans are out of work, the Government is out of money about to meltdown. A perfect example of what happens when liberal ideas not backed by common sense is California. They are our Greece in the EU. California has so many no tax paying people plus criminals, and drug dealers it has no chance to recover without a federal bailout, which will be the final nail in the coffin of the US.
Amnesty is a word used freely by the uneducated, the President knows he has to pass it because health care just got the left unelected in Nov. Now he needs the free votes no matter what it will do to the country.
We are the only country stupid enough to have an open border, look at what it has done.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Steve8511]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join