It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richardson Orders National Guard To Patrol Mexican Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Richardson Orders National Guard To Patrol Mexican Border

www.koat.com

SANTA FE , N.M. -- Gov. Bill Richardson, after meeting with top law enforcement officials Wednesday morning, ordered the National Guard to patrol the border with Mexico and ensure the safety of New Mexico citizens.

"I want residents in southern New Mexico to know we are taking this border violence very seriously by adding a National Guard presence along with state, local and federal law enforcement patrols along the border,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This will not be like last time... Last time the NG went in unarmed and offered only logistical support to the boarder patrol... this time it's "Lock and Load" The guardsmen will work with the New Mexico Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management, which his coordinating the law enforcement presence along the border. They join New Mexico State Police and local sheriff's departments who were alerted and activated yesterday Tues

This all comes on the heels of reports towns along the boarder have been terrorized burned out and citizens run off forced to flee... Something big is developing down there... I can only wonder what or how bad it could turn out.

www.koat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is one reason I don't believe in borders. It causes violence ON BOTH SIDES.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It won't last.......Obama promised to get right on amnesty in exchange for hispanic reps yes votes on Obamacare. This is a token gesture and nothing else, he has to strengthen the dems voter base for November. It's a shame really that we haven't actually been doing this for years.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
After the threat and violence against El Paso police, I think Richardson is justified and right on target!

I am just surprised that NM had any National Guard left to send? I thought the Fed had taken care of all that and sent any hope of resistance off to foreign lands?

Anyhow, Kudos to Richardson, and if drug cartels try to challenge the NM National Guard, I hope they pursue them all the way to Mexico City with full Military Support!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
This is one reason I don't believe in borders. It causes violence ON BOTH SIDES.

That depends on who you border with, does it not ?

I do apologize for the one line.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well there is a recent report that 1 in 15 Mexicans crossing the boarder are not going back. for the past few years we have feared a flood of people, refugees fleeing the drug war... well now we're seeing the slow steady trickle grow day by day.

As states go Texas Arizona and California are better prepared to take in millions of masses, but if happens here we will close our boarder Obamarama care or not.

not to sound uncaring but ours is a small poor state. our residents would be buried, mowed over, cast aside, if we let it happen here...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

With all due respect, I don't think the border has anything to do with the violence; its the drugs, money and power causing the violence to occur.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yeah, well I hope they see that doing this in one state is just going to increase the pressure on all the other border states, as people will try to divert and cross now in Texas, Arizona, or California. It needs to be a coordinated effort on ALL the border states at once. With big numbers, big guns, and serious intent.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Oh, I agree with you 100% about the state not being able to handle the infux of illegals, I just don't believe this is anything more than a token gesture by tptb.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
goes with this thread:

Obama: Troop move to Mexican border under consideration
www.abovetopsecret.com...

interesting...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Got to start somewhere bud...
now that Richardson has dipped his toe in this murky morass
Maybe some of the other governators will step up to the plate. before LA or Huston turns into the next Ciudad Juarez

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just so we can obtain a grasp on reality.

On one hand the news is reporting that the U.S. is doing nothing or next to nothing or perhaps not enough. On the other hand we see a million dollar and signed drone for a particular purpose with a misleading title.

So, who do we trust ?

caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com...

:-) US

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The other states will join in as soon as the shooting starts, be it against the national guard along the border in New Mexico, or in other states because the number of invaders there has increased. I personally don't mind a few Mexicans coming here to work and make a better life for themselves, but mixed in with them are criminals who have proven how ruthless they are. Lou Dobbs tried to warn us this day would come.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You know what this reminds me of? "Hey, all you *******, get back to where your kind belongs, this place is only for us ******! Refuse, and we will hang your kind from the highest tree."

This makes you wonder, if jebus ever did show up back on Earth, what would everyone have to say about all these borders and fences and all this racism and bigotry. .... "What is this fence, this border for, hum? Human? Speak the truth, I command you!" And "What is meant by this term 'illegal' humans that you keep tossing around, hum? My father, your lord, put those people here on Earth, along with you, and now you believe you have the right to call them 'illegal' while here on this Earth, standing near where you think only you have a right to stand? How dare you defy your god and call his creations ILLEGAL and deny them equal access to this planet. To hell you all go, to hell with you all!"
"Oh, and BTW, what the hell are YOUR KIND doing on THIS side of the planet anyhow, didn't your lord put YOU PEOPLE on the other side of the planet? What you all doing over here? Who gave YOU permission to be on this continent, hum?"

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What does NM have...200 miles of border to patrol??? Even with that small amount...they have no where near enough man power to patrol that entire stretch with the national guard.

The border is too big to currently patrol and decide if those crossing are drug cartels or simply poor people or refuges. Putting armed men on the border to shoot anything that moves is a stupid stupid idea.

The only solution to this is to fix immigration laws to allow a quick process for people who want to come into the US to work. I'm not against amnesty...as long as it is coupled with immigration reform to make it EASIER to get into the united states.

Only after this happens...and there is no reason for an innocent person who is just looking for work to sneak across the border...so the only ones coming across the border illegally would be the drug runners...THEN you can you patrol it effectively with armed soldiers and/or UAVs.

Until that happens...it will turn out bad...and make a bad situation worse.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

It's not about keeping the wetbacks out... It is about stopping the spread of Beheadings, assassinations, gun battles on the street... Violence that as lead to over 350 kidnappings in Phoenix AZ and most recently threats to kill Police officers in El Paso... Nope we're not keeping your future grounds keeper out we're keeping our kids out of the line of fire

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
What does NM have...200 miles of border to patrol??? Even with that small amount...they have no where near enough man power to patrol that entire stretch with the national guard.

The border is too big to currently patrol and decide if those crossing are drug cartels or simply poor people or refuges. Putting armed men on the border to shoot anything that moves is a stupid stupid idea.

In this day and age, man power is on a logistical equation. The use of drones and its viability and non detectable assurance guarantees the highest strategic outcome with minimal costs.

www.customs.gov...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am happy to see some of our politicians making right decisions, hopefully the rest of the border state governers grow a set and clamp down on the unknown flow of goods and people across our border. Read some of Frosty Wooldridge's stuff about the immigration issue and even if he is 20% right we need to do something. Then take into account the drug issue which we need to re-think as a whole.

I would like to see most military bases overseas be brought home and put on our borders. Do we really need 1000 bases in 70 countries? How much do you think our economy would grow if we brought those bases to our border/ports instead of all that spending overseas.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Excellent response! It's too bad that some people seem to have nothing better to do than throw around racist epithets when they should really be thinking about the issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join