It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi Everyone, I'm an Oldie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Is it too late for me to do this? I don't think I ever did one of these introduction thingies, so please allow me to introduce myself (this is mostly for newer members, obviously).

My name TA comes from my Guild guitar, which is a TrueAmerican series, built in the good old US of A. That means it actually sounds good.
I play music and write a bit too. So hopefully you won't read too much into my name other than that, although I at one time prided myself in being an American. I still do, but I abhor what is being done by our government in our name.

I like all sorts of subjects, from politics (eek, I never thought I'd hear myself say that) to conspiracies, to UFO's to metaphysics. I also like to watch earthquakes and volcanoes.

You might could say I've done just a few threads at ATS, so no need to look forward to my threads or posts, because all you have to do is look backwards in my profile, and might find more than a few.

Am I opinionated? You betcha. Cause if it weren't for opinions, we probably wouldn't have too productive a forum here.

So is this post self-serving? Nah, not really, cause I've done served up just about all I can.

What is this post for then? Well, I really don't know. Just felt like rambling a bit, and thought "Hey, why not do an introduction?" So I did. And the dreaded thought of posting an introduction is hereby behind me, 5 years later after joining ATS.

There is absolutely nothing to see here, so please move on and disregard this thread. I am just an old tired dude with not a whole lot to say anymore other than:

ATS rocks, and a welcome to all new members. Don't ever hesitate to U2U me on anything....But if you don't have something nice to say...Well...Say it anyways.

ETA: Oh, and Sauron- Don't you even think about it!

[edit on Wed Mar 31st 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well this is a twist ... I say hi to a lot of the new guys so it would be rude of me not to say hi to an old one (figuratively speaking) so ... erm ... well ... 'hi'

Woody

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

TrueAmerican

The man who needs no introduction....is introducing himself. Go figure..

Well...Welcome to ATS!!

Here is a link which may be useful.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Have fun and hope to see you around (as if we could avoid it..
)

Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well this is different. Hello and thanks for finally posting your introduction.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Welcome newcomer.

Sorry I am not used to you old dudes posting introductions.
I hear you on the American made guitar thing.
Every time i see a nice strat for a good price I also see it was made in Korea,Japan or Mexico and have to pass as the quality is not as good and it feels like you are playing a 2 x 4.

Maybe in a few years i will make my intro post.
Good for you for doing this.

Oh and welcome to ats.

Edit to add...I have heard some of the music you do.If you are using midi I need some lessons.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

lol, nah, you wouldn't want midi lessons from this old dog... Back in 91 I picked up that American Strat+ I have, and it plays like butta, of course.

And thanks for the warm welcomes folks, but I think I might have worn my welcome out already...

Now where were we...oh yes...back to fighting the NWO.

[edit on Thu Apr 1st 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Your title was misleading...
here I though Richard Simmons had joined our rather eclectic group...

now I'm going see if I can dig up my wife's copy of sweating to the oldies...

oh yeah... howdy..

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hello. Ive read a lot of your posts. We seem to think very similar. Much respect. A lot of what I read from you actually got me to start posting!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, Welcome!!

And i'm sure you will be one of my favorites! I dont know why, but i have that feeling. Deja Vu maybe all over again????

One thing- Read the T&C and abide by them. In no time you will be a pro.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hey, is it to early for me to respond to an oldie making an introduction topic?

I think not!

Here is your belated welcome from a member who just joined today!

WELCOME!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Oldy, but Goody! Welcome!

yer gal pal,

-Sour

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Oldy, but Goody! Welcome!

yer gal pal,

-Sour

Ya know, tattoos don't usually do much for me on a woman, but on you...well...that's a different story. Thanks! And you know it, I wish you'd post more...You been too quiet lately.

dg, aww thanks sweetie, friends always, no matter what.

sremmos: thanks, and good for you signing up! Have fun, and don't get any tattoos, unless you look as good as SG.

top topics

join