It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Of The Men Arrested In Michigan Raids Was Working For the FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/28984/One_Of_The_Men_Arrested_In_Michigan_Raids_Was_Working_For_the_FBI.html

An undercover agent was part of the federal investigation of a Michigan-based Christian militia group that allegedly planned to spark an uprising against the government by killing police officers, court documents show.

Evidence presented to the grand jury in federal court in Detroit included photographs of Thomas William Piatek, one of nine people indicted Monday in connection with alleged criminal activities by the militia group, known as Hutaree, in southeastern Michigan.

The grand-jury exhibit included sworn testimony of a law-enforcement officer that Mr. Piatek "is the person known by a Cooperating Witness and an undercover FBI agent to be the person who participated in the criminal violations" detailed in the indictment.

A spokesperson at the FBI's Detroit office declined to comment on the undercover agent and any role such an agent may have had in the investigation. A spokesman at the Justice Department in Washington also declined to discuss specifics of the investigation

BINGO! now we know...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
SET UP!

EPIC FBI FAIL!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I remember looking at the pictures on the news thinking that he did not fit in somehow. I guess now we know.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

i wonder if this is one of those cases were it was the undercover agent doing all the violent related preaching and planning, a.k.a total setup.

guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think Sickles is the crazy one yes the Alex Jones superstar militia man. He is in no way connected to a christian cause he is just a head banging anarchist The tattoo on his back should tell you that a big circle with the letter A in it. And the crazy videos he did you just can't come up with words to describe them. A duck mask on his head with peanut butter on his chest with red jelly 666 wrote on the peanut butter with mouse traps on his nipples holding a dildo in his hand while wearing a diaper and talking to the devil about coathangger abortions? Thats real christian of him.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I am going to quote myself from another thread-

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Well, let me drop a couple articles on this thread.

Alarming Record of the F.B.I.’s Informant in the Bronx Bomb Plot

Lawyer Says Feds Created Terror Plot To Entrap Defendants

Lawyer: FBI Paid Right-Wing Blogger Charged With Threats

Here is the thing, the FBI and the government do not even care if these people are going to get off because of entrapment or other things. They have created the fear they want to associate with the militias.

They have created what they want.

Yes, these people may very well have said and done some things that are illegal.

Will it be released that the FBI actually instigated it? Will it be released that the FBI probably had all the ideas and plans themselves and just got these idiots to do it?

It does not matter if any truth comes out, they have created the illusion that all the militias are bad.

Well, too bad for the gov that the internet exists. Let us hope that they do not destroy that in their next step. Cannot have people actually asking questions and seeing the truth.

Sorry, if you have to push someone to do something, it is not terrorism. It is coersion of the arrested and terrorism by the government.

Terrorism definition-
-the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

-the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

-a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Now, who actually is the terrorist, if the government convinces the culprits to do what the government wants them to do?

Who is the terrorist, if the government's agenda is to demonize a group?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
www.wsbt.com...

HAMMOND, Ind. (AP) — An Indiana judge on Wednesday ordered an alleged member of a Christian militia group plotting to incite violent rebellion against the government to be held without bond so he can face charges in Detroit with eight other suspects.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Dean Lanter said Thomas W. Piatek of Whiting was a flight risk and a threat to the community, saying agents found 46 guns and 13,000 rounds of ammunition, including bullets capable of killing someone 2 miles away, when they raided his home.

"He was preparing for something. That's why he had all that stuff," Lanter said. "He was preparing for something."

Flynn said Piatek legally owned all the weapons found at his home.

"Most of the allegations have nothing to do with him. People who know him say that's not what he's all about."

U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul Cherry said Piatek had failed to show he was not a risk to the community or a flight risk and ordered him held and the case moved to Detroit. Eight others accused in the alleged Hutaree conspiracy were arraigned Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Detroit, and not guilty pleas were entered.

Flynn said after the hearing, which lasted more than three hours, that Piatek denied being involved.

"He adamantly denies that he was going to participate," Flynn said. "He was not going to participate in any illegal activities against law enforcement."

Flynn said during his final argument that he doubted federal authorities had any evidence against Piatek and that an FBI agent who testified couldn't even say what evidence against Piatek had been gathered. Lanter argued that was because the FBI agents who know the case were in Detroit.

Two friends and Piatek's older brother, Stan, testified that they had never heard Piatek talk about being anti-government or hating police officers. One friend, James Duha of Whiting said Piatek was an associate member of the Whiting Fraternal Order of Police.

Andrew Saliga, another lifelong friend, laughed when he was asked if he thought Piatek was capable of the charges against him.

"It's not in his character," he said.

All three testified that Piatek took care of a brother who can't care for himself. Lanter disputed that, saying FBI agents found dog feces throughout the house that the brothers share.

Piatek was an associate member of the Whiting Fraternal Order of Police. That doesn't mean he worked for the FBI or police.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fraternal Order of Police Associates
The Fraternal Order of Police Associates (FOPA) is a civilian affiliate organization that is made up of FOP supporters not eligible for membership. Its members include friends and family of members, businesspeople, professionals, and other citizens. It is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization

James Duha Managing Director James Duha 2007 International Law Enforcement Academy

www.afdevinfo.com...

I doubt a law enforcement academy does any undercover work.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

guilty till you prove yourself innocent? hmmm...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Can you say Agent Provocateur?

Quote from : Wikipedia : Agent Provocateur

Traditionally, an agent provocateur (plural: agents provocateurs, French for "inciting agent(s)") is a person employed by the police or other entity to act undercover to entice or provoke another person to commit an illegal act.

More generally, the term may refer to a person or group that seeks to discredit or harm another by provoking them to commit a wrong or rash action.

This is highly controversial to begin with.

The reason?

The Federal Government is desperate now to incite an incident to take advantage.

Hoist the Flag : False Flags, Agent Provocateurs, and Black Box Operations

[edit on 31-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I've known some undercover agents in the past. Without exception they were involved in "generating" the criminal activity they were there to investigate- It was a real eye opener for me the first time I saw this tactic. I got away from the situation by playing dumb and offering to help set someone up- who incidentally was an agent trying to entrap me after another finished using me for his cover.

I was a stupid kid with no friends back then. Some types of field agents will capitalize on the neediness of certain people and build them up to outlandish things they can be busted for doing.

top topics

join