It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Signs You Are an Unquestioning Atheist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
1 You think the statement “My linage derives from evolved lizards” is more logical then “A higher intelligence created intelligent life on earth, according to their kind.”

2 You don’t accept the idea of God, but you talk about him more then most religious zealots

3 You despise the idea of faith, but you have a hyper-abundant amount of trust in “time and chance”

4 You despise organized religion by being a part of an organized religion against organized religion.

5 You claim that religious people are brainwashed, but you spout off quotes from renowned atheists to defend your beliefs.

6 Your best defense to the idea that religious people cram their beliefs down people’s throats is to cram your beliefs down people’s throats (Richard Dawkins)

7 You say the Bible is utterly made up non-sense, then use stories from it to condemn God…who you claim doesn’t exist.

8 One of your favorite arguments against believing the Bible is that it was written by men, but you unquestioningly believe science text books…written by men

9 You get stark raving mad when someone says God (who doesn’t exist) will send you to Hell (a place that doesn’t exist), and use that as “evidence” that God doesn’t exist.

10 You deny the testimony of countless millions of believers, but trust the research of a few hundred atheist...and call that being "open-minded"

[edit on 31-3-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Nice thread dude

All true too... Will check back later and see how this pans out..

S n F

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
HAHAHA, Thank you very much. It is very true!

S&F

God Bless!

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm an atheist and I refuse to get involved in debates with religious believers anymore. Our world views are miles apart so we will never agree. So stick that one on yer list

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Good stuff. I have always pondered how atheists seem to discuss God more than actual believers.
It seems they put a whole lot of time and energy into something that doesn't exist (to them), which seems borderline insane IMO.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have always wondered about the neurosis that drives people to put silly statements like these into lists and post them on forums/blogs for little reason other than to mock another's ignorance and or troll for grief.

... and yes that goes for both of the current threads like this.

[edit on 3/31/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
At least nobody can say now that Christians don't have a sense of humour.
Which is perhaps what we need to take the sting out of debates.
I like it.
Would any of the agnostics like to do one to cover that group?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
I have always wondered about the neurosis that drives people to put silly statements like these into lists and post them on forums/blogs for little reason other than to mock another's ignorance and or troll for grief.

... and yes that goes for both of the current threads like this.

[edit on 3/31/2010 by eNumbra]

Because this is the only topic that matters. It is ingrained in your existence to care about these things. That is why it get's so heated, and that is why I will continue to go tit for tat. My faith is logical, relevant, powerful, and I am bold in defending it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Excellant response.

The best part of it is that you repsonded without anger and used, ironically, logic to propel your opinoins.

I still have trouble understanding how someone can see the beauty of nature and not see a higher power's influence in that beauty.

Jason

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

LMAO thanks for putting a smile on my face for today.I got a good lol out of both threads but this one made me bust a gut.

S&F for you!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
My faith is logical, relevant, powerful

In your opinion.

While faith and belief structures give people strength and comfort, feeling the need to defend it is a sign of insecurity and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

Good stuff. I have always pondered how atheists seem to discuss God more than actual believers.

They are on " MISSION."

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm an atheist and I refuse to get involved in debates with religious believers anymore. Our world views are miles apart so we will never agree. So stick that one on yer list

All right. Would you discuss views that aren't religious but are spiritual? God does not equal religion.

Jason

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Lol, BURN!

I'm starting to like the new ATS battleground.

link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by trueperspective
My faith is logical, relevant, powerful

In your opinion.

While faith and belief structures give people strength and comfort, feeling the need to defend it is a sign of insecurity and nothing more.

I think that's a stretch suggesting that defending a position is a sign of insecurity. That isn't logical at all.

Jason

+5 more 
link   
I wouldn't want to be an "unquestioning" anything.

It just seems like a really stupid thing to be.

Always question...

If you don't....you are dumb.

Atheist and theist alike.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

8 One of your favorite arguments against believing the Bible is that it was written by men, but you unquestioningly believe science text books…written by men

You mean like math, physics, chemistry, etc? How do you believe in something that works? You are using a computer. You don't "believe" in computer. It's right there working.

As to the rest of points, they're pretty much nonsense. I might respond to some of them later.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Lol, BURN!

I'm starting to like the new ATS battleground.

Hey Gandhi...check out the post about China and India. THAT'S a battleground.

Jason

My apologies if this should be an U2U

[edit on 31-3-2010 by hthjason]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is really sad. Atheists don’t know anything. People who are religious do not know anything. There are so many arguments on both sides, to think one side is right, without us truly knowing what this universe really is....is just ignorance at its best.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hthjason
I think that's a stretch suggesting that defending a position is a sign of insecurity. That isn't logical at all.

How so?

It's an opinion, people disagree on opinions and this particular set of opinions is based off of observation based assumptions.

Some look at a tree and see evolution and natural occurrence and some see a grand intelligent design at work. There is no real proof to one end or the other they are both subjective assumptions based on an observation. Why should one feel beholden to the minds of others?

ALSO I didn't say defending it was a sign of insecurity, but feeling a need to was.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join