It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News New suicide blasts shake Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Breaking News New suicide blasts shake Russia

www.news.com.au

SUICIDE bombers killed 12 people in double strikes targeting police in Russia's turbulent North Caucasus, just two days after attacks in Moscow claimed by a Islamist group left 39 dead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"Russia has for years been fighting an Islamist-fuelled insurgency in the North Caucasus but the metro bombings in the heart of Moscow, largely spared attacks for the last six years, shook the country to its core.

Nine police, including a local police chief, were among the dead in the double attack 48 hours after the Moscow bombings in the North Caucasus region of Dagestan, a region on the Caspian Sea already wracked by militant violence."

i wonder what the outcome will be if this does not stop

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
"Russia has for years been fighting an Islamist-fuelled insurgency

It's not Islamist-fuelled
It's seperatism!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The last couple days have just been crazy; is it the full moon or something sinister? In my local area there has also been some troubling activity. How about anyone else? Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I pray for the poor souls who have been affected by this conflict.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately Putin is about to open a HUGE can of whoop-$#@. Russia will kill many innocent people over this, hide and watch.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0ce9be131ad.jpg[/atsimg]
"I must break you"

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Maybe the bombings are meant to send a message to Russia to cooperate in regards to Iran? Who would do something like that...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by (C2C)
Maybe the bombings are meant to send a message to Russia to cooperate in regards to Iran? Who would do something like that...

Oh. Wow. Okay. I know when I need a break from ATS when that just made so much sense to me!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Keep on thinking that..if it makes you feel better about yourself.

By the way, be sure to remember how good the separatist fight is when Texas or some other state decides to tell the idiots in D.C. to stuff it and secedes from the U.S.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am afraid of what Putin is going to do over the next couple of weeks. This situation could go from pretty scary to absolutely terrifying pretty quickly.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What does everyone expect Putin to do?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

bust balls and crack skulls.

expect nothing less from the former head of KGB.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Interesting to see Medvedev vantage-point with these attacks. Wanting the One World Currency introduced would be easier done under a "Prison-State" system that all the world countries are becoming.
Maybe he had a word with Putin and decided the Russian's were having too much freedom (light humor for the leaders at the top given Russia's current currency affairs.)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Keep on thinking that..if it makes you feel better about yourself.

By the way, be sure to remember how good the separatist fight is when Texas or some other state decides to tell the idiots in D.C. to stuff it and secedes from the U.S.

Whoa, waay too edgy

ModernAcademia did not state some personal preference for or against separatism, just simply wanted to point out a obvious propaganda term they use - "islamist-fuelled".
As if those people died merely for the sake of Islam, they had no problems whatsoever and no one bothered them in particular, a happy Muslim is always compelled to blow himself up for some Islamist fuel

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The elusive bogeymen strike agian, this will be great for generating fear in russia, I wonder what the pre-planned move will be.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
The elusive bogeymen strike agian, this will be great for generating fear in russia, I wonder what the pre-planned move will be.

thats what i am waiting for it wont be good

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is all part of the larger NWO orchestra. They ramp up the tension all over the world, and then all at once, they swarm over the people with their black-clad stormtroopers, then it's all over. Unless something is done to stop them.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

"I must break you"

LMFAO!!! Oh man, THAT made my day. Man I wish I had more excuses to use the best quotes in the world.

I have to wonder if these suicide bombing are the result of cold war mind control experiments...like "the siege" except a far more evil CIA agent manipulating the poor crazies who did these acts of violence.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratqueen
The last couple days have just been crazy; is it the full moon or something sinister? In my local area there has also been some troubling activity. How about anyone else? Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I pray for the poor souls who have been affected by this conflict.

Why would it be the full moon?
I admit I don't have much knowledge of the moon, but I've never heard of it causing suicide bombings in russia.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
This is all part of the larger NWO orchestra. They ramp up the tension all over the world, and then all at once, they swarm over the people with their black-clad stormtroopers, then it's all over. Unless something is done to stop them.

you got a point just on this page.....
"Richardson Orders National Guard To Patrol Mexican Border"
"South Korean President orders military on ALERT"
" Israeli fighter planes scrambled after foreign warplanes approach Israel"
"UN council in agreement over sanctions Iran"

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It's not Islamist-fuelled
It's seperatism!

And the fight for separatism can't be fueled by fanatic notions and motives?

The Chechen conflict started out as a fight for separatism in early 90's. However certain elements among the rebels were constantly pulling the war into another direction - they wanted a wider scope conflict to stretch beyond Chechen borders. They wanted to drag the entire North Caucasus into a religious struggle with an aim to establish a Califat, or a radical Islamist state. They also called for a Jihad and a religious war against Russia and against non-Muslims.

Eventually these radicals turned on the genuine separatists, and there was considerable infighting, especially between 1997 and 2000.

Dudayev and later Maskhadov were the leaders of the separatist groups, and were more or less against the wider ranging religious war and radicalism. Basayev, Khattab, Gelayev, Barayev, and other warlords weren't as much concerned with independence as they were with a religious war. Both groups fought together against the Russians, but they also fought each other. Maskhadov was actually betrayed by the other warlords because they didn't see him as being radical enough.

So while the root of the conflict is in separatism, it spiralled out of controled and turned in a radical Islamist conflict. Because of this the rebels received much supports from the outside - including from Al Quida and Bin Laden.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by maloy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join