It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUTH OR DARE...contribute to the statements posted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm going to lay eight of my beliefs on the table for discussion, debate, and possible debunking.

The statements are set up to where you can either simply agree or disagree if that's all you choose to contribute.

I would encourage you to offer any viewpoint/opinion pertaining to each statement. I will be keeping in touch with this thread and offer detail on each statement when necessary.

Here we go:

1> History...There is much more to the history of our planet than is being revealed by our "etched in stone" historians.

2> Space...NASA, along with other global agencies, have purposefully withheld vital information which would alter current perceptions and subsequently raise the intellectual level of mankind.

3> Religion...World religions were devised to pacify and take the money of common man.

4> Racism...Racism is based on surrounding influence and is not based on heredity or genetic makeup.

5> Bush...The Bush administration is playing the Iraq debacle in order to keep the sheep of the country from the fact that our nations economy, along with the world economy, is ready to collapse.

6> Change...This year will bring major changes to our daily lives.

7> Stupidity...Rockefellers plan of dumming down the educational system of our country has been accomplished.

8> Films...Certain hollywood screenwriters have been provided with enough pertinant information to create films which would assist in influencing the common folk through systematic programming.

deleted

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Originally posted by deleted

1> History...There is much more to the history of our planet than is being revealed by our "etched in stone" historians.

I agree with this, my reason? Pretty much has to be. Too many reasons floating thru my head to say them all.

2> Space...NASA, along with other global agencies, have purposefully withheld vital information which would alter current perceptions and subsequently raise the intellectual level of mankind.

hmm.. not to sure.. inclined to agree and dissagree. I dont know about raise the intellectual level, but some thing definatly been withheld.

3> Religion...World religions were devised to pacify and take the money of common man.

ok im not too hot on what you call "world religions" do u mean all? I think ppl take advantage of religion ie: all the books that popped up recently about "real witchcraft" just cause ppl wnat to know, but you can put a myriad of hocus pocus into a book and throw it on a shelf and get money (not a bad idea...ok pen anyone?)

4> Racism...Racism is based on surrounding influence and is not based on heredity or genetic makeup.

I dont know, personally im not racist to a point of shouting out abuse on the street, but i can seem racist towards certain ppl due to my past.

Any year can.

Just answered ones i thought i could... hope this is ok.... i gotta migrain...

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by deleted
I'm going to lay eight of my beliefs on the table for discussion, debate, and possible debunking.

Here we go:

As a guy trying to obtain a Master's degree in History I have to say I disagree with you on this. One of the first things I was ever taught in grad school is that you should question everything. My thesis advisor even wants me to try to disprovesome of his ideas concerning a few things. He told me that he wrote some things early in his career that he now thinks are way off and said until someone shoots them down they remain. So question everything.

I agree

I tend to agree with this. Not that I don't believe in God, cause I do but that religions tend to stifle mankind and force us to hate because they are antagonistic to each other.

Yep yep.

5> Bush...The Bush administration is playing the Iraq debacle in order to keep the sheep of the country from the fact that our nations economy, along with the world economy, is ready to collapse.

I see this as highly probably.

I hope we are wrong but I fear this correct as well.

7> Stupidity...Rockefellers plan of dumming down the educational system of our country has been accomplished.

Don't know enough about the Rockefellers in particular wanting to dumb us down. But as a guy who works with first year college students on a daily basis.. I have to say that SOMEONE has dumbed them down.

8> Films...Certain hollywood screenwriters have been provided with enough pertinant information to create films which would assist in influencing the common folk through systematic programming.

This is a bit too Oliver Stone for me to swallow completely.
GET IT!! haha I kill me... Oliver Stone...

deleted

:

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hello Cinnamon Phoenix Jayne and observer,

When I joined ATS a few days ago and introduced myself, another member asked me my thoughts about stuff related to this site.

I responded accordingly and I see that I should have posted this in a different way...maybe a little at a time. The good news is the fact that I'm not getting flaming hate letters.

BTW, thanks for both of your replys.

deleted

new topics

top topics

join