It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Williams claims Australians are 'English rednecks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

During an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman, he said it was an "unusual country", adding: "If Darwin had landed in Australia, he'd have gone, 'I'm wrong – I don't know what I was thinking'." Williams, 58, went on to joke about Australian rules football, which he likened to "rugby with a thong".

The comments prompted Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd to respond on a Sydney radio show. "I think Robin Williams should go and spend a little time in Alabama before he frames comments about people being particularly redneck," he said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Ha ha. Fair points from both Williams and Rudd?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hard to believe a country the size of Australia has their Prime Minister comment on a Robin Williams joke.

I wonder if the Obama would do likewise if Paul Hogan made a funny?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OMG..
he is a comedian and has been for decades.
In those decades not much hasn't been made a joke of by Robin in one way or another.
It is only those who are anal retentive on political correctness that see a problem.
Have a Fosters and a laugh...sheesh.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Typical Aussies. To arrogant by half, even more so than us English!

Australlia will be recalling their Ambassador if Kramer from Seinfield ever made a remark...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I found it funny.

Except I did reflect on chavs, and cant say they are a finer wine than a aussie....

[edit on 31-3-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Ha ha well said. In fact they are worse. I do not like the term Chav however. It is such a media created and driven word. I always used to call them Townies or just scum.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Its funny how "rednecks "can be degenerated, vified and mocked, and no one says a thing.
REDNECK is code for Christian independent persons from the south who havent been brainwashed by Robin Williams pals.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Ha ha well said. In fact they are worse. I do not like the term Chav however. It is such a media created and driven word. I always used to call them Townies or just scum.

I don't like the term Chav,,,but to liken a Chav to a Townie in my town could have serious repercussions for a person.
There is a massive difference in the two.

But back on topic.

Very funny and it is good to see that some people still have the ability to laugh at themselves and each other, something the PC brigade are trying to drum out of us all.

top topics

join