It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Accused Over Moscow Metro Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Georgia Accused Over Moscow Metro Bombing

www.timesonline.co.uk

The head of Russia’s Security Council accused Georgia today of backing terrorism in the North Caucasus and said that it could be involved in the Moscow Metro bombing.

As Moscow held the first funerals for victims of the attack, Nikolai Patrushev alleged that members of Georgia’s special services had links with terrorist groups in the region and said that investigators would look for evidence of their involvement in the double suicide-bombing that killed 39 people on the Metro.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Damn!

Just other day I was hoping that they are not accusing Georgia from this - and now they are!

Russia has history with false flags like other nations. Its not quit sure if there is just happened one, and NWO deal is done with Russia from coming ME wars, but I though - "If they will blame Georgia from this..." Maybe deal is done, and Russia has get green light to act and false flag was needed.

Just dont know yet, but accusing Georgia from this is very alarming news - also sign from coming wars in ME.

Just have to follow closely where this is all is going now.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

CX

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not so sure about false accusations this time, it would appear that there is a video of Doku Umarov saying he personaly ordered the attacks.

A Chechen rebel leader has claimed responsibility for the suicide bombings that killed 39 people on Moscow's metro, according to an internet video.

Doku Umarov - who heads the Caucasus Emirate group - said he had personally ordered the deadly attacks.

Source: Chechen Rebel Leader 'Ordered Moscow Attack'

I've not seen the video yet, nor have any proof of the legitimacy of the story, so i'll keep an eye out for more info.

CX.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

So did Osama...

In the history of all bombings, usually many claims that they were behind those. Maybe it was chechens - maybe Gergian, Dagestani or rhen FSB agents. What really matter is the politics done after those bombings and then the real goal will show up just after the aftermath.

Chechens: More bombings to come

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not directly in the issue, but tells backgrounds of the same story... "Dont say anything before official agenda is released":

Russian TV on Sidelines After Attacks in Subway

MOSCOW — As frantic Muscovites turned to Russia’s main television channels for information in the first hours after suicide bombers struck here on Monday morning, they were astonished to find only the usual lineup of cooking shows and police dramas, along with a Soviet-era spy film called “The Road.”

www.nytimes.com...

TV has learn the lesson from 911 - how much they suffer now from telling the real truth (like secondary explosions, no airplane in Pentagon, just hole in the ground in Shanksville...) Just better to shut up than get the real truth out.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I thought sources had reported that the two women involved were Chechnian? Ooooh snap, Putin is going to go ape over this. I was really hoping that this wouldn't get directed towards Georgia either.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The possible vid:

However, I believe this is from 07-08 in Chechnya. Late last year they(russia) said Doku Umarov was believed to be dead in an attack they carried out. Then several months later train bombings started. And Doku Umarov then started giving statements that he now supports terrorism or something to that effect. Before, he was staunchly against these types of action. He's like russia's own Osama Bin Ladin.

Umarov dead

Umarov back from the dead 1 month later

I can't find any new or recent videos of Doku Umarov....wait here it is,supposedly.

I belive I have seen it before, but maybe not.Can anyone translate it, does he mention dates, or could this be recycled footage?

KavkazCenter.com

He apparently addresses Putin and not Dmitry Medvedev?

[edit on 31-3-2010 by LordBaskettIV]

[edit on 31-3-2010 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Found this and thought i add to this story

In his video statement, reordered on March 29, 2010, Dokka Abu Usman said that the attack had been a retaliation and a retribution for the massacre by Russian invaders of the poorest residents of Chechnya and Ingushetia, who were picking wild garlic in the Arshty village on February 11, 2010, to feed their families

www.kavkazcenter.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well it's all clear, Russian Government knows it all... Freaking Georgians again attacking Russians, funding terrorism in Caucasus.

Go back to sleep Russia - your government has figured all out again. Go back to sleep Russia, Putin is in control. Tomorrow we start a war against evil Caucasus!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Georgia doesn't openly support the Chechen separatists, but it has historically turned a blind eye on their activities within Georgian territory.

Georgia is the only country that Chechnya borders, and naturally it is the main route for insurgents, weapons, and other support from the outside to reach Chechnya. The Pankisi Gorge in Georgia is a well know staging area for many Chechen militants. This has been a sour point in Russian-Georgian relations since early 1990's. Shevarnadze was more or less friendly towards Russia, but still refused to deal with Chechens trasiting through Georgia.

Some background information on the Pankisi Gorge:

www.gazeta.ru...

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Russia has history with false flags like other nations.

Such as?

Maybe deal is done, and Russia has get green light to act and false flag was needed.

Russia will not attack Georgia over this. That is absolutely certain. Russia does not need a war with Georgia right now, and will gain nothing from it. This could lead to relations between the two being even worse than they are now, but that is not saying much.

Just dont know yet, but accusing Georgia from this is very alarming news - also sign from coming wars in ME.

Read up on the background of the Chechen conflict. Russia accused Georgia of turning a blind eye on the Chechen rebels there since the First Chechen war. These remarks have taken place periodically, but nothing ever escalated.

Everyone understands that Georgia is not to blame for the attacks, but it's refusal to curb the Chechen's activities on its side of the border contributes to the ongoing instability.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by maloy]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
Go back to sleep Russia - your government has figured all out again. Go back to sleep Russia, Putin is in control. Tomorrow we start a war against evil Caucasus!

Man, you have Russia and Russians all figured out don't you. You must be a psychologist capable of remote sensing.

And by the way you can't start a war against Caucasus. It is a mountain range.

new topics

top topics

join