It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanise the image of the Reserve Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
just found this news article, the head of the Australian reserve bank is talking about how high and mighty he is with quotes like this "If you're a Christian, God has given you certain capabilities to do a job, to earn a living," and im pretty sure jesus said give to the poor and the needy yet all you give to us is high intrest rates, and then this
"The Bible teaches that you should do that as if you were doing that for Him, because you are, and that's my attitude." so in your world god wants to suffer and make life a battle just to survive
while you are playing the guitar and flying around i have to work just to survive while intrest rates go up on my mortgage while food and evrything else goes up and your talking about god, stories like this make me sic

www.news.com.au...

[edit on 31-3-2010 by CYRAX]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
News story
Here I fixed the link
so that it actually works now.
By the way, what is the conspiracy here?

[EDIT: ah, I see you got it already.]

[edit on 31-3-2010 by davidgrouchy]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
just found this news article, the head of the Australian reserve bank is talking about how high and mighty he is with quotes like this "If you're a Christian, God has given you certain capabilities to do a job, to earn a living," and im pretty sure jesus said give to the poor and the needy yet all you give to us is high intrest rates, and then this
"The Bible teaches that you should do that as if you were doing that for Him, because you are, and that's my attitude." so in your world god wants to suffer and make life a battle just to survive
while you are playing the guitar and flying around i have to work just to survive while intrest rates go up on my mortgage while food and evrything else goes up and your talking about god, stories like this make me sic

www.adelaidenow.co... m.au/money/interest-rates/rbas-glenn-stevens-shows-his-human-side/story-fn3hwpx0-1225847794165

Higher interest rates in this country are a necessity in order to burst this obscene property price bubble we've experienced over the last decade...

The Reserve has two options...The one its using now which frankly is soft IMHO...25 or 50 basis point rate increases at a time until the cash rate reaches 5% to 5.5% is stupid...

The Reserve should be increasing rates by 100-200 basis points every time it pulls the trigger...And it shouldn't stop until it reaches 10%...This will go a long way to flush out the negatively geared baby boomer vultures who have turned owning a home into a pipe dream for many Australians...

To offset the effects of these rate rises on genuine home owners, the government should provide interest rate subsidies for these people, financed by a temporary tax increase on high earners and companies, until the leeches are flushed out and housing is affordable again

And rates can then be returned to more "normal" rates around 5%-5.5%...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This shouldn't surprise anyone. Doesn't me- The same stuff comes out the mouths of the Religious leaders who actually work in a CHURCH. Look how they live- right off the backs of the poor and suffering so *they* can have lavish vacations, live in mansions, have gold and silver everything, umpteen cars, acreage, $500 suits....

All it is is the rest of the world's elite and rich are catching on, and now are figuring out how to hide behind "Jesus", too.

Are they ashamed? *laughs so hard, I get cramps*

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
your right but this is a real slap to the face for me anyway, and they want to humanise the image of the reserve bank that does not even make sense

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
"humanise"? What sort of word is that?

It would really help the cause if these morons didn't just make up words to suit their inability to command English properly.

If they really mean "make it appear more human", then how are they going to do that? It's a bank. It can't appear to be "more human".... unless of course you are suffering some sort of mental issue that allows you to see inanimate objects as human... Very strange.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

and they want to humanise the image of the reserve bank that does not even make sense

Yeah it does, if they want to rub the struggling people's faces in their wealth and power. It'll give the masses a tangible target to grouse at.

Added: I dunno why, but Monty Python's "I'm a lumberjack'' song decided to get a little rewording and stuck in my head:

I'm a banker and I'm OK

I live quite well on what you gotta pay

Ya work day and night, the interest is a fright

But ya cant touch me and I like it that way!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by wylekat]

top topics

join