It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you doing today? Better? Worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Because when it comes down to it...those are really the only two answers.

Ask yourself every morning when you wake up. How are you doing today? And limit your answer to either "better" or "worse". If you do this I think you will begin to see that you are having a lot more "better" than "worse". If you think about it...things that make your life "worse" are typically short lived and hard hitting. You may get bad news, you may find out you are sick, you may lose someone you love...but usually that all comes at you in one very short and intense burst. After that...things get better. I'm not asking if things are "good" or "bad"...but are they "better" or "worse".

For example...a few years ago my mother got sick. Each day she was sick I would wake up and feel "worse" because we didn't know what was wrong with her. Until finally we found out she had cancer...that was a very bad news, no one wants to hear those words...but immediatly we started finding out it was very treatable. The next day I woke up...and despite the very bad news that was very hard on me the day before....I felt "better". I didn't feel "good"...but "better". Some questions were answered...some doubt was removed...some good news was delivered...I felt "better" even though my mother was still sick. I had some hope...I felt "better". Each day after that I felt "better" as we got more information and my mother started to improve. So overall...throughout that whole situation...even though it was a bad situation...I think I had more days where I woke up feeling "better" than I did the day before.

We can do this here on ATS...every morning, if you feel like it, come on this thread and let everyone know...How are you doing today? Better? or Worse? My hope is that we will see that for the most part we get a lot more "better" than "worse". There is so much going on in the world...so much negativity...I'm hoping that we can see here that despite all that...for the most part things are "better" day to day. And if for some...things are "worse" for a day...well it never hurts to get it out in the open and talk about it...and hopefully tomorrow will be "better".

So ATS...I ask you...How are you today? Better? or Worse?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
S & F

Since I read your post

'Better'

Thank you

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Definitely better

And has been moving that way for some time. It's a good feeling

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I guess I should participate in my own thread.

I am definately feeling better today.

My last "worse" day was probably a couple weeks ago...so I am definately trending on the "better" scale.

Glad to see others doing "better" as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
not better not worse

Every Day Is Exactly The Same

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I honestly cant say- I have enough good and bad to keep the needle right exactly in the middle, with a little twitching on either side. Like going next door to work on the ironwork. While I feel 'better' after accomplishing something, I feel 'worse' because of tool problems, or I manage to injure myself. I work on my artwork- I feel 'better'- I am using my talent. But, I always have 'worse'- paint screws up, or the glue decides it doesn't want to adhere to the plastic, A cat hair lands in the middle of a flawless paint job. Or, in the case of my computer stuff... granted, I can pull off some amazing art- BUT- computer screws up, and again, everything balances to neutral 0. Every time- I get a +, the universe slaps a - right on it, every time, no exceptions.

I wonder what I am doing wrong, sometimes.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
now that you & I aren't debating healthcare, MUCH BETTER

(thx for posting this, I needed it)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
not better not worse

Like me.

Pessimism rules my life.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Faiol
not better not worse

Like me.

Pessimism rules my life.

Everything can't be exactly the same.

And if it is...and you woke up this morning...you are still alive...and isn't that "better" than the alternative?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I guess better. My "wife" died last week and I was thrown out of the house by her kids from a previous marriage. Since it was common law and I knew her wishes, they consider me the villan. I just want my property and a few items that she wanted me to have to help remember her by. We really only had a year out of 8 that we could actually be together.

I have to keep reminding myself not to cry because it's over but to be happy because it happened.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I am bi-polar and have fibromialgia and my doctors are insistent on not giving me any medicine that works for either condition so until they get their heads out of their asses I'm afraid I won't be able to say better.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

How are you doing today?

For today...I have to say better...much better actually.

Having fun with the kids on April fool's day...I woke them up and told them "Happy Easter"...they were a bit confused

How is everyone else on this fine day?

new topics

top topics

join