It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Statue - Guess the Origin!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Huh- All the Olmec statues I have seen have been 'heavy'.. Broad features, Those huge, thick headpieces, and they always look like they weight a ton, even when they were small enough to hold in your hand.

Was this discovered recently?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I present "The Wrestler"!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/0c762e4782d2a3e2.jpg[/atsimg]

en.wikipedia.org...(sculpture)

The statuette shows a seated male figure. The legs are delicate and rather diminutive,[3] with the right leg bent in front of the body and the left folded backward, almost underneath the body. The arms are upraised and, similar to the legs, bent and asymmetrical. Both hands are clenched. In a position unusual for Olmec art, the shoulders are not situated directly above the hips, but twisted slightly to the right, giving the sculpture a sense of movement that is accentuated by the well-defined muscles and the dynamic positioning of the arms.[4]

The head is bald, but it lacks the highly stylized cranial deformation found in many Olmec figurines or the wooden busts of El Manati. The figure wears a mustache and goatee, relatively rare features in Olmec sculpture which appear on only a few reliefs such as La Venta Monument 3.[5]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I would say it looks Pre-Olmec and they look to be made out of Jade that is associated with that region.

Fox

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think it was made in the US and is a archeological fake.

After looking at the pictures more closely I'm thinking it was made in Mexico as some of their craftsmen are masters at recreating stone sculpture.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Heh, my guesses would have been South America and Japan/Korea. Looked quite Altaic to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
whaa, that could be a fake.

I love this one too.. It almost looks like an Asian who just came from Egypt..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4a2e3f6f55f0beec.jpg[/atsimg]

en.wikipedia.org...

Really crazy stuff!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Holy Cow that looks like an Egyptian headdress!

Thanks for opening up yet another rabbit-hole for me...

(like I needed another one
)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It looks like this is more evidence for a previous forgotten global civilisation.

Maybe the sculptures are resembling atlanteans.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Holy Cow that looks like an Egyptian headdress!

Thanks for opening up yet another rabbit-hole for me...

(like I needed another one
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e9522cd7613ef44a.gif[/atsimg]

Yes it looked Egyptian to me when i saw it. I haven't even posted the giant heads that appear to be of African looking men, it is all very strange and hints to a super culture.

Could this be hints of Atlantis?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
I recently bought a photo heavy book on the Olmecs and i was shocked at how their sculptures looked like a total mix of different races, including African, Egyptian, Asian and more.

If there ever was an Atlantis situated on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge south of the Azores, these folks would probably come about as close to representing the type of people who might have lived there as any, since they'd supposedly have contact with all those different genetic haplotypes. Interesting cranial deformation, too.

RAMPANT SPECULATION:
A huge tsunami originating from a volcanic explosion in Iceland (or the possible "feathered serpent" asteroid that airburst over North American ice sheet and caused the Younger Dryas) might push some survivors down into Central and South America. The mythology about them says they were not originally from Central America, but rather came there in boats in "12 journeys."

We'll wait and see what the anthro-archeological evidence turns up someday.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
I present "The Wrestler"!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/0c762e4782d2a3e2.jpg[/atsimg]

en.wikipedia.org...(sculpture)

Well, I think that anyone looking for evidence that Hulk Hogan has (or will) master the fine art and science of time travel, they need look no further.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here is "the Prince".

mayaruins.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/634ae655c600d6b5.jpg[/atsimg]

I can't find much information on this one. The book calls it The Prince and there aren't that many references to it so i don't think this is popular or the name changed.

This is a crazy one too!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Cool post man.
It's blowing me away how many different cultures seem to be mashed together in these sculptures. Asian looking features with Egyptian type attire in Central America--where there are also pyramids. All very cool.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
These statues can be found in two places on earth. The northern, and southern hemispheres.

I did a tineye search from your picture and it returned Olmec. It really does look Asian though.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Huh- All the Olmec statues I have seen have been 'heavy'.. Broad features, Those huge, thick headpieces, and they always look like they weight a ton, even when they were small enough to hold in your hand.

Was this discovered recently?

No, from wiki:

Five years later, in October 1970, the statue was stolen from the museum, only later to be found in a motel room in San Antonio, Texas, apparently too famous to be sold on the black market.[9]

It is presently on display at the Museo de Antropología de Xalapa, in Veracruz.

They were probably discovered in the 60's.

Here is a link with some interesting statues from the Olmecs

www.precolumbianjade.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just a little playing around with Photoshop. Actually, from my perspective, an Olmec-type face looks more natural on the Great Sphinx than others.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/9b354c8a855299a6.jpg[/atsimg]

It's been suggested that the Sphinx has more typical black African features than Mediterranean. And if it was originally re-carved from the original lion face into a human face, it could have been by a ruler from the Upper (southern) Nile, I suppose.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7a6cf1caa0b044f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Would have been a very striking monument.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is going to sound really arrogant, and I dont mean it to be.... =(! lol

I was looking, and my first guess was Olmec, and then when I heard you give the hint that it was made of jade, or that jade was part of it, i knew immediately! lol I think it was a giveaway with the hint.

The faces truly are unmistakable, not so much on the mother holding the smaller statue though (which is weird). The person the statue is holding is certainly unmistakably Olmec. Id love to get some more trivia like this, it was definitely enlightening!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Who where the Olmecs and what did they know. For a society that made such artwork they sure didn't leave to much about themselves but their artwork. Wouldn't it be funny if the sphinx face was really an Olmec one instead of being a Feline face before being recarved into a human one.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i was listening to some Edger Cayce Atlantis stuff recently and they were talking about Atlantis from the bahamas and florida to around the straights of Gibraltar and Lemuria would be between Australia and South/Central America.

That would make where the Olmecs were exactly half way between the two ancient continents.

The Panama Canal area would probably be a great site too, i wonder if people 10,000+ years ago could cross with boats across central america.

Anyways, if Lemuria and Atlantis really existed maybe they can help explain the origins of these Asian, Egyptian, Caucasian and African features on the statues and carvings.

What do you guys think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join