posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:47 PM
reply to post by cjcord
I depend on the PC to keep me on time. Since we had to turn the clocks back (last week?) it has insisted that time is one hour ahead. I changed it to
match the cable box (which I assume is correct), and it keeps changing itself again.
Here's an easy fix for that (so Dr. Who and Dr. Brown dont have a collision in your front yard.
Heck I expected it to happen here!) It'll work if
it's a windows XP machine. I cant help you if it's a mac (tho the way to fix it MIGHT be similar) OR windows VistUgh.
* Double click on the clock
* Click on the Internet Time tab (third one over on XP, at the top of the window)
* Where it says 'automatically synchronize with an Internet time server' uncheck the box. Reason for that is because there was supposed to be an
update buried in the tidal waves of updates to 'fix' the daylight savings change. I turned auto updates off some time back, since it was essentially
breaking windows- and didn't get it. Besides, it's easier to adjust the time using your cell phone's time anyways- is for me.
* Oh yeah- hit 'apply' and 'ok'.
* Sit back secure in the knowledge that time warps won't be forming on the lawn, and ruining that grass you *just* planted.
[edit on 31-3-2010 by wylekat]