It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My only 2nd hand UFO Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Just thought I would post a few comments...from my Dad actually. I personally have had no experience with UFO's, at least nothing I could easily explain logically. But my Dad has.

My Dad served in the RAF and is recently retired. He worked as a fighter controller (Looking at a radar screen , spying on enemy activity and commanding fighter aircraft and so on...) so I though to myself...He must have seen something in his 50 years ....So I asked him. He gave me two very interesting events when he was stationed in Cyprus (I was around 4 or 5 at the time) . There are no pictures, or anything, just simply me sharing a story.

1) During a conflict in 1982 between Lebanon and Israel, my Dad was tracking a US Black Bird flying over the theatre making sure that no missles were fired and that the Israelies did not try and shoot it down. All of a sudden he got a panicked message from the Pilot about an object keeping track about 3-400 metres from his wing tip and asked my Dad to look at the Radar, do some kind of special scan (Which he still won't tell me about) to try and see if the object was there. No surprise my dad did not see a thing. But here is a rough transcript of that event that he still had in his records. Call Sign for my dad in this case is BG:

Pilot: "Object is keeping track.....roughly south....level flight..anything on the Radar"

BG: "Nothing at this stage Pilot. Can you ID"

Pilot " Negative. Object is reflective and silver, can not see any wings, appears to be cylindrical in shape. You must be seeing this on radar"

BG "Nothing on the screen, you are clear, in contact with Fighter Command and no other aircraft are in your zone"

Pilot "Well I can see it.....WOOOHA! It just moved in front of me now....that was fast....It is a cylinda...chrome...no texture. Its matching my speed. Decending , collision path"

BG " Communications open to ?????? (Can not repeat that bit - scrubbed out of text, I think the comms channels are then opened to other people to listen in on coversation) Snap shots taken - Still nothing on screen - Decend 2000ft"

Snap Shots - Once something starts happening i.e. Dog Fight or UFO, my dad starts taking snap shots of the radar screen every 5 seconds . After the event they effectively create a flip book so they can track objects on the screen and see how they reacted.

Pilot "Unable to perform, object now moved below me"

BG "No traffic reported from Israel"

Pilot "Object is moving fast...WOW how fast...I can't even see it..its above me...below me again. Its like its just playing with me"

BG " Course change requested Pilot"

BG " Denied - Stay on course"

Pilot "Aknoweldged - Its crazy. Everthing I do it matches instantly. Object is in front again. Scram to engage?"

BG "Negative - No fighters in your zone"

Pilot" - Object is moving around me again....I can't believe how fast this thing is........its gone....North West....Im shaking"

After the event, my dad sat with the heads of intel at his base and they created the Radar flip book if you like. During the event the radar did not spot anything. But they did tracking something leaving the location of the Black Bird at the time when the pilot said it had gone North West.....Travelling at 10,000 KMPH before it went out of radar range.

2) 2nd one is a little shorter. This is when he was back in sunny old England, working at a new facility...which is now closed. It was an underground Radar base in Norfolk, which is ....believe it or not....for sale. I have been there and its like a flipin town centre...but 1/4 of a mile under ground. He tracked 5 objects in a V formation travelling over the UK. Only for them to stop mid air for about 1/2 an hour before shooting off the radar from standing start to 5000 mph in about a second.

So thats it folks....Nowt interesting really, just thought I would share my dads little experience with you.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Pax et Intellectus]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Mmm a very intriguing story o.p, theres nothing better than to read a story like this from my home country. personally i'd play along wth the 'ship' do some barrel rolls and some hoops just to see how it reacted to me playing about.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TÖP_BÜZzËR

Exactly what I would have done....apparently its not that easy when flying MACH3 in a spy plane. Mind you could have at least waved or something.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

hahaha, waved, flashed a light or two just somthing to say that i was friendly. Did your dad ever get quized on the topic? If so how did that conversation go?

p.s i like the way you wrote the conversation op.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yes he was quized about it. And what they said was (After taking the Radar images of him and deleted the computer stored details for the conversation) - that he was not to worry about it, the pilot was on a long flight and it was most likley a freak weather incident. However, it was best not to discuss it any further, don't talk about it with anyone and don't cause undue alarm. This was in an official debriefing meeting.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

Sounds very odd to me, if there wasnt any thing to worry about then they wont of told him to keep it to him self. The pilot seems to be positive there was some thing there with him playing around. keep us informed with any new info your dad tells you.

thanks TOP-B

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus

Yes he was quized about it. And what they said was (After taking the Radar images of him and deleted the computer stored details for the conversation) - that he was not to worry about it, the pilot was on a long flight and it was most likley a freak weather incident. However, it was best not to discuss it any further, don't talk about it with anyone and don't cause undue alarm. This was in an official debriefing meeting.

Thanks for sharing both those interesting stories.

Actually the freak weather incident can explain most of the first sighting very well, except for the part where an object suddenly appears on radar and flies off at 10,000 kmph whatever that is, I suspect it's either kph or mph, probably not 10 million miles an hour as it suggests, right?

If you get a chance ask your dad how solid the track was on the object leaving, what confidence level? If the track wasn't too solid then it probably was a weather phenomenon. If he got a good, solid, high confidence level track on something, then weather might not explain it. Any time the object moves along with the aircraft at the same speed as the aircraft, the possibility of a mirage of a distant object should not be ruled out, and it wouldn't be too hard for the object to appear above or below the aircraft if the thermal inversion layer has some small undulations.

top topics

join