It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs need/use lights?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg
By the way, I can recommend Paul Hill's "Unconventional Objects" for some possible insights into UFO propulsion and UFO lights or James McCampbell's "UFOlogy" which can be read for free here.

Anyone serious about the subject should have read these two classic works.

Jclmavg, great post there mate - the NICAP evidence report is also worth a look for anyone with an interest in (or opinion on ) the UFO subject.

The UFO Evidence - published by NICAP

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hi all,

Seems pretty simple to me, once again. People who generally know little-to nothing about actually researching this field of EBEs/UFOs say some pretty amazing junk.

When someone says something, listen and learn. Take Karl.. does his homework and then replies, replies to the level where all of us can learn new angles on the EBE/UFO dilemma.

Thanks again Karl.

Decoy

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Blinking lights --> ours
No blinking lights --> theirs

Case solved ... LOL

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Humans have had advanced flying platforms since the 1930s ...

And then you say:

I get irritated when people assume everything ...
[edit on 7-4-2010 by LUXUS]

Unless you can show proof of anti-gravity devices you are shooting yourself in the foot.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
The blinking lights are a huge barrier for me in believing sightings.

Don't misunderstand I have no doubt that in the fantastically huge universe we inhabit there is other life. I just can't think of any good reason for them travelling across immesne distances so they can fly around and blink their lights.

Ha my thoughts exactly!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

i agree, there's too much, in the box thinking on this site ( iv been around here a while under a different name ) to say its a conspiracy website. It just annoys me to be honest, how people can question so many obviously sturdy truths, because they want to, but when it comes to things they hold dear to them, even though the truth is staring them in the eye, they cant accept it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
dogs to speak in their own language.

that will be the day!! LMAO a dogs intelligence level is too low for the use of complex language. there's no way, no literal way, on earth or in any universe, without genetic modification to the dogs entire cerebral network that it would ever speak in any language to anyone, at best it could replicate sounds and words, but to actually use the complex system of nouns verbs adjectives, etc in a meaningful way is just rediculous

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i actually had been thinking that all along... I've been thinking that the earlier "saucer" ufo's seemed more realistic than these "lights in the sky" ufo's people claim to see...

I've prosed that an Alien tech wouldn't care about earthly air craft, and would not use navigation lights or anti-collision lights, i mean why? If you'd planned on showing yourself to a more than likely panic stricken world full of warcraft building humans... Wouldn't that be risky to your own survival? Not only that, what if your goal was NOT to interfere with lower level lifeforms? Maybe knowing the disruption that could be caused?

Then again what if there were a cold scientific race of extraterrestrial beings out there, that would take their own lifeforms and perform chemical tests on them to make sure products were safe for use on the more intelligent "Higher lifeforms" and what if there were a lifeform out there that canibalized it's own lifeforms, and herded and farmed their lifeforms for food...

What if there were a lifeform out there that lived on a world full of various lifeforms that spoke different languages and lived different cultures and held wars with each other, and built devastating weapons of masss destruction for use against each other?

Nah i can't really see the use of illuminating technology, id definately want some stealth technology on my UFO...
There's no telling what other lifeforms i'd run into out there in the vastness of space...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has said this as i haven't read the whole thread but they might be giving off a light as a result of being a high energy device heating up gas and creating photons.

-Adam

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
1) A by product of various technical aparati?
2)Perhaps they wish to confuse any observer as to what actually constitutes any by products of their drives?Thus they emit in many different wave lengths to increase the complexity of the puzzle....?
3)They could also use the lights for such purposes as blinding or even immobilising any live specimens they may wish to take....
4)In certain cercumstances perhaps simple landing or manouvering illuminations?
5)Perhaps as in the texas sightings they are actually trying some form of communicating?(Stephensville)
6)Where the reported light is a shaft or search beam type emanating from the craft directed at the ground, i believe it may possibly be simple ground mapping of the sub layers of the earth for either scientific or prospecting reasons...
7)Ionised air or plasma of some kind surrounding their ship in the atmosphere perhaps covered in no 1.....
cheers

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Blinking lights are an FAA requirement! Duh!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've always wondered about the blinking lights. In my opinion ufo's with blinking lights similar to manmade craft are either a) man made craft or b) ufos trying to blend in (this is a great form of disguise especially if the visitors are aware of how a blinking craft would quickly be dismissed as a hoax).

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by doorhand
I read a theory somewhere (cant remember where sorry, may have been the book, 'beyond top secret'.) that the lights are used so that the UFO vehicles mimic our vehicles, such as planes, helicopters etc. So they don't draw undue attention.

this makes a lot of sense to me.

the post describing light on aircrafts according to man's relation to it, where as it may be something totally differen't, outside the scope of the human imagination, also rang true for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why do aliens need light on their UFO? Well, until you get the chance to actually have a conversation with one of these mysterious beings you won't know for sure. Could be anything, really.

Even being used for something we've never heard of before. Thought provoking!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think it may be a result of some technology that emits light, as a by-product of whatever it does.

But...then again I really don't know..just a guess IMHO

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

must point out that i am a believer first and foremost,but you make a good point,i think this whole subject would get much more mainstream coverage if reports of sightings,contacts,special knowledge etc dispensed with all the "old school" opinions bob lazar et al...lights,landing gear??? it just wouldnt happen that way,im just concerned that these opinions dont help our cause..gene huff realtor,bob lazar owned a photolab,i mean come on, people who had access to the biggest story since time began would be so under the radar! they wouldnt be selling hydrogen kits for cars,selling fireworks or selling houses!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I would have thought UFO's needed lights to see in the dark?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think lights from actual ET craft are just a simple by-product of how the things work. I dont think they are actual lights in the true word of the sense......

Hey, I really have no clear cut idea
im just guessing, but thats my theory.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

surely they would have something more advanced than electricity,lol, it seems to " earthly"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join