It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping Karmic Balance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
One of the many things that rules our world is karma (cause & effect). To move beyond our current limitations, one must learn to work with and balance karma. One thing I have concluded is that to balance karma, you must maintain a neutral stance in matters. I remain neutral in my life, and for the most part it works to keep this balance. I block out and ignore those who try to get a reaction out of me. Could it not be argued that if I totally ignore them and not pay any attention to them, they do not exist in MY reality? It’s the age old question of if a tree falls in a forest, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? In the literal sense, it does. But the sound is irrelevant to anything else. This is the same type of thing.

Yet, there are those who insist on exerting their control over me, and I do not how to keep the balance in a situation like this. For example, some people try to start a fist fight with me, and I am stuck between letting them pummel me (creating karmic debt for them, and a decrease for me), fighting back (creating debt for both of us and getting stuck in a karmic wheel), or running away (possibly leading to either). I do not know what to do because either choice creates an imbalance. Also, some people or “teachers” put in place by society try to enforce their beliefs and rules upon me through fear, threats, or guilt-based reasoning. It could be something as dumb as them interrupting my meditation because they believe it is not efficient or good use of time. They threaten me with certain punishments or consequences if I don’t stop, If I comply, it creates an inner resentment and anger. But if I resist, it creates a karmic imbalance. As a result, I am unsure of what to do to keep the balance.

I am simply trying to free myself from all the imbalances. I understand the need for a society and rules for some, but if I am not attached to it, what keeps it attached to me? That is not to say I will run around killing people because I can, but if I chose another neutral, solitary, individual path, what gives others the authority to put me back on their ideal path? I’m not talking about a literal, law sense. I’m talking about a spiritual sense. And how can the balance be kept when others insist on exerting their control over you, by any means? How can you remain neutral when you are backed into a corner and have to take a side?

[edit on 31-3-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's okay to take a side but truthfully no one can exert control over your mind and your soul.

There are those who would seek to control your actions, and you may not have a choice in some matters, but nobody can tell you how to think or feel.

In my opinion our physical lives are just a small nuisance in an eternal existence. Also, life is not fair and there isn't always a fifty/fifty balance.

Nothing you can do in this world can be more powerful and positive in your life than loving others. The goal of all spiritual paths is self-realization and taking care of others.

Although I can tell you that you are immortal the words mean nothing unless you experience something yourself to make you believe it.

When you realize that, though, all the trifles of daily life melt away.

Love each other.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Also - "turn the other cheek" has a different meaning than is commonly ascribed to it.

Any action by another to control you or restrict you from living your life freely is an attack on your ability to find self-realization.

The meaning of that phrase is not to turn the other cheek and let them pummel you, it means to turn around and defend yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Also - "turn the other cheek" has a different meaning than is commonly ascribed to it.

Any action by another to control you or restrict you from living your life freely is an attack on your ability to find self-realization.

The meaning of that phrase is not to turn the other cheek and let them pummel you, it means to turn around and defend yourself.

Thank you for your advice, i really appreciate intelligent posts such as yours

Often, i do defend myself, but i find in many cases it only escalates things. There's a saying that an opinion is always true in the person who uses it. In other words, in my mind i am right, while in their mind, they are right. In fact we are both correct in our opinions, but attempting to push our opinion on another unwilling person only creates a negative reaction. When defending myself, i do not try to prove myself right or them wrong, only that they should let me be.

After the situation, forgiveness is the key. But the problem is that while i may forgive them, they may come right back the next day and try to force their beliefs on me again. And the hard part is that because of this corrupted hierarchy of modern society, if they are in a higher position in society, they have authority over me in the literal sense. I may not budge spiritually, but they have the societal authority to keep pushing me physically and emotionally. I'm more of a pacifist in physical altercations, only doing what i need to do to ensure my safety, but i still feel guilty if i hurt them, no matter how out of bounds they are. I guess you could say i feel bad for them, in a way.

We ARE immortal. And that is how i live my life. Right now, i'm just a character in a video game being played by my higher self. But some people are seeing the video game as reality, and try to force that on others.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Are these people trying to push religious beliefs on you or is it more of a social issue?

It sucks that people can't just live their own lives.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

It's more of a social issue. They believe it is their responsibility to make sure I follow the system. I keep telling them I'm much happier the way I am now but they don't listen! They insist their way is the right way so I need to follow it.

I agree that people should just live their lives and not impose on others. The motto I live by is "live and let live".

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

That sounds like a miserable situation. In that case I agree with you that the best approach is to just lay low and hope they lose interest.

Man was not created to control other men, but some people just don't get it.

top topics

join