It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Lieutenant Colonel Publicly Disobeys Orders to Afghan on Obama Eligibility Issue

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have a conspiracy theory that just popped into my head.

Going to break it out here. Just assume that Obama is ineligible.

This whole thing was to drag out into public the absolute corruption in government. Everything was done to drag out the corruption of both parties and their complicitness in all of the corruption. To show that everyone involved in government, except those using this to put a light on the rats.

This could be the biggest sting operation ever done.

Think about that for a moment and ask yourself, to what purpose, to what end. Could it be to remove the shackles and chains placed upon us. To destroy the evil and corruption in the world. There are always two sides to a coin and this could be the paradigm shift that everyone has been waiting for.

Or, I could be just a fanciful Conspiracy Theorist.

[edit on 3/31/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Okay, I really only have two words that can possibly describe that guy...
BAD ASS!

That guy has some serious guts.
I applaud his conviction.
I know that this is not nearly enough to begin to shed light on our questionable leader, and I'm sure his superiors will just throw him to the wolves...but this guy is a true patriot in every sense of the word.
He's no newbie either, he's got 18+ years of service under his belt.
I'm curious if his example will encourage other service people to stand up for transparency as well.
Can't exactly fight a war if there's no one to fight it with, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
He will be removed from command. Not because of his defiant position, but the fact he is allowing paranoid delusions to control his decision making. There is simply no place for someone with mental illness in command.

If he is so easily swayed by the birthers, who are claiming the feds whom would have access to the Hawaiian birth certificate and any other bit of information about Obama are either ignorant or part of a vast 40 year conspiracy, what's to say he won't be easily swayed by the enemy during combat. A Tokyo Rose could have this man shooting at his own troops. A danger to himself and the troops.

Well ... firstly? Look at his rank and then the 15+ years he has spent in the armed services. I'm quite sure this guy must be sturdy and reliable if he's still in the game. =P

- Edit. - My apologies. This response is about 8 pages late. Lol

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Simply J]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I just hope they parade this guy out to campaign for TPM Right Wingers and Republicans. Fact of the matter, I hope that a lot of "birthers" help TPM Right Wingers and Republicans with their campaigns.

This theory has been debunked more thoroughly than the moon landing hoax and how anyone can still buy into it is beyond me.

Until actual credible information comes forward that proves that Obama was born in Kenya, he is the constitutionally elected POTUS. Which means that he is the CIC of the Armed Forces of the United States. This LTC is violating his oath, and abandoning his post based on his unfounded belief in some crackpot conspiracy theory that has no basis in reality.

But I would imagine the result will be he will be dishonorably discharged from the military, and sent on his merry way. If he doesn't want to serve his country, I guess that is his prerogative.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

You, sir, are making a character attack and pronouncing a diagnosis of mental illness upon LTC Larkin; please explain how long you have known this gentleman and in what capacity are you qualified to make this diagnosis?

Lakin has earned the distinction of taking care of many Admirals and Generals since working at the Pentagon, where he serves as Chief of Primary Care and Flight Surgeon for the DiLorenzo TRICARE Health Clinic and is the lead Flight Surgeon charged with caring for Army Chief of Staff General Casey's pilots and air crew. LTC Lakin's numerous awards and decorations include the Army Flight Surgeon Badge, Combat Medical Badge, the Bronze Star Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Achievement Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, the National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Service Star, the Armed Forces Expedition Medal, the Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon sixth award and the NATO service medal. He has served previously in Honduras, Bosnia, Korea, and Afghanistan.

As stated above, LTC Larkin is highly qualified and experienced, a very decorated member of the armed services; your comments are basically a biased personal attack against the man's mental state and character; he should be applauded and commended for standing up for what is his right as an American, not derided.

Perhaps a thorough read of the Constitution would help shed more light and a modicum of understanding of why he has made this choice.

seeker

[edit on 3/31/2010 by the seeker_713g]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If he doesn't want to serve his country, I guess that is his prerogative.

Or perhaps, he is serving his country in the best way possible. I have to admit that I thought all the "birthers" were just a bunch of people with sour grapes. I personally am going to re-look at this issue now.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

As stated above, LTC Larkin is highly qualified and experienced, a very decorated member of the armed services; your comments are basically a biased personal attack against the man's mental state and character; he should be applauded and commended for standing up for what is his right as an American, not derided.

Not that I don't believe you, but where did you get that information?

No link to verify what you posted. You could have made it up.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Getting a bit emotional about this, aren't you?

It's obvious where you stand in the argument and it all hinges on one thing. Obama isn't President.

It's a fairly weak argument especially when he was confirmed as POTUS, which makes him legally the president. Until someone comes up with something SOLID that's not hearsay, I'll side with Obama. If that means we have our heads in the sand, then you, my friend, need to come down a bit. I'm willing to compromise and if someone finds some credible evidence that overrides the sworn statement of government employees that oversee the birth records in addition to the certificate of live birth, then I'll change my opinion. Otherwise, it's conspiracy-theorist-bait to me. They ALWAYS take the bait as far as I'm concerned...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simply J

Originally posted by Kaploink
He will be removed from command. Not because of his defiant position, but the fact he is allowing paranoid delusions to control his decision making. There is simply no place for someone with mental illness in command.

If he is so easily swayed by the birthers, who are claiming the feds whom would have access to the Hawaiian birth certificate and any other bit of information about Obama are either ignorant or part of a vast 40 year conspiracy, what's to say he won't be easily swayed by the enemy during combat. A Tokyo Rose could have this man shooting at his own troops. A danger to himself and the troops.

Well ... firstly? Look at his rank and then the 15+ years he has spent in the armed services. I'm quite sure this guy must be sturdy and reliable if he's still in the game. =P

- Edit. - My apologies. This response is about 8 pages late. Lol

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Simply J]

Unfortunately, years of service do not equate to mental stability or reliability.

en.wikipedia.org...

I hate to bring it up, but it's a point that has to be made. You cannot qualify someone as stable or reliable based on their years of service. Even people with 20+ years of service have proven unreliable.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TonyClifton

I have to admit that I thought all the "birthers" were just a bunch of people with sour grapes. I personally am going to re-look at this issue now.

Don't be a birther...

I have compiled a lot of useful information here that may help you re-look at this issue.

How this issue keeps coming up is beyond me. I doubt it will end until Obama is out of office either on January 20, 2013 or if re elected January 20, 2017. Until then, I am sure that this issue will keep coming up time and time again because people love drama, even bad ones.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 944002

Holy cow, your first 3 posts on the forum and all 3 got expunged and you got 3 warnings.

I say you should get the troll award!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by TonyClifton

I have to admit that I thought all the "birthers" were just a bunch of people with sour grapes. I personally am going to re-look at this issue now.

Don't be a birther...

I have compiled a lot of useful information here that may help you re-look at this issue.

How this issue keeps coming up is beyond me. I doubt it will end until Obama is out of office either on January 20, 2013 or if re elected January 20, 2017. Until then, I am sure that this issue will keep coming up time and time again because people love drama, even bad ones.

Yes, just walk away, nothing to see here.

Yes, as wuk states, do not ask any questions of your government, they are a benevolent institution. They have never done anything wrong.

Also, Obama has been an upfront guy about everything. He never lies and no other president ever released their information either.

Oh, wait a minute, I might be speaking facetiously.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Going to break it out here. Just assume that Obama is ineligible.

This whole thing was to drag out into public the absolute corruption in government. Everything was done to drag out the corruption of both parties and their complicitness in all of the corruption. To show that everyone involved in government, except those using this to put a light on the rats.

This could be the biggest sting operation ever done.

Think about that for a moment and ask yourself, to what purpose, to what end. Could it be to remove the shackles and chains placed upon us. To destroy the evil and corruption in the world. There are always to sides to a coin and this could be the paradigm shift that everyone has been waiting for.

I'll play devil's advocate in this case and say that Obama is ineligible to be president. That would invalidate the majority of legislation passed by congress and signed into law.

Which is even MORE of a reason for people to come out of the woodwork and drag up the birther argument. If they wanted to use it then, they'd REALLY want to use it now. It's a grasp at straws that a group of desperate people want to work. But it hinges on a conspiracy theory SO far out that even long time known conspiracy theorists are distancing themselves from it. When your front-runner is Orly Taitz, you've got a problem. She's got crazy written all over her. This military man is only going to ruin his career by bringing it up. I COULD be wrong, but I'll post a retraction once I am. I suspect I won't see that from any of the theorists, because they'll ALWAYS be grasping at that "no-prize"... (you old timer comic book enthusiasts will know what I mean)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm just replying to the OP.

I don't know if this guy is really what he says he is or not. I guess time will tell.

But people like this do not belong in the military anyway, so hopefully there'll be a court martial and general discharge.

People who decide not to serve on the basis of some fringe political issue are free to do what they want, but I don't want him serving in the military of my country whatsoever.

BTW, "Lieutenant Colonel," big deal. That's a rank above a major but below a Colonel. It's not like this guy is even a 1 star general.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by ClintK]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

OK, I'll do one of these:

Originally posted by endisnighe

It was likely a very short trip.

Just assume that Obama is ineligible...This whole thing was to drag out into public the absolute corruption in government...Could it be to remove the shackles and chains placed upon us. To destroy the evil and corruption in the world.

YES, in your dreams if Obama was impeached and forced to step down as President
it would destroy evil and corruption in the world. Also, you should wait an hour after eating before going swimming.

There are always to sides to a coin

Funny, I always thought there were two.

this could be the paradigm shift that everyone has been waiting for

Especially if it helps you to justify dressing up in camo and smearing shoe polish on you face before you take out the trash bins to the curb.

I'd likely use other adjectives.

But in all honesty, the LTC is but the latest pawn willing to throw his career
down the drain. (See first two links below.) Oddly, there is an aggressive campaign to raise funds for his legal defense. Funny that if he is court martialed, he would get a military appointed lawyer.

His backers have a deeply-rooted history in this fantasy based fear and smear campaign.

Read more here: ohforgoodnesssake.com...

Birther Scorecard: tesibria.typepad.com...

Donate to Defense Fund: www.safeguardourconstitution.com...

[edit on 31-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thanks, I need an editor, wanna follow me around the forum, all you have to do is go to my home page and click on posts. Maybe that would be fun for you.

The shortest trip between to points is a straight line, except of course you bend space/time and come out on the other side of the universe.

As for the rest of your comment, I fell asleep while reading, that usually happens when something becomes obtuse.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
I hope he doesn't turn up "suicided."

Why would he turn up "suicided"?

He'll probably be honorably discharged (or they will find a way to dishonorably discharge him) and his voice will be buried amongst the millions of other voiceless veterans.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Oh, wait a minute, I might be speaking facetiously.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1626c13fd290.png[/atsimg]

Troll much?

How many times has this been brought up just to develop into a huge multi page flame war with the "birthers" posting things just like you have? How many times has the administration changed their story? From what I have seen they haven't changed squat. But how many times have birthers changed theirs?

How can you tell when someone is lying? They keep changing their story.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join