It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Lieutenant Colonel Publicly Disobeys Orders to Afghan on Obama Eligibility Issue

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
just some devil's advocate here:

maybe he's scared to go back to afghanistan so he's making up an excuse to halt his deployment...? ...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I applaud this GREAT AMERICAN SOLDIER
Way to go Lt Col Terry Lakin
You are a real american hero
God Bless You and your family

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Now imagine if many brave LCs were refusing orders right before Iraq or even going back from the first dedployment to Afghan soil, two useless costly wars could have been avoided.

The saddest thing is that it took one potus who didn't seem part of the "gang" to make them realize that these wars were..what? Wrong? Aah..finally!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

HAHAHAHA... that's hilarious... you do REALIZE what the constitution is for don't you??? You do realize what the founding fathers invisioned in its coining?

They foresaw the corruption of government. That's why they limited the powers of federal governmnet (tenth amendment, completely ignored today) and why they guaranteed the arms would be in the hands of the people (second amendment).

When the checks and balances in place fail to protect the constitution, it is the duty of those who swore an oath to protect it, to fight for it, kill for it and die for it, if necessary, to prevent the further corruption of it.

There is QUESTION as to the legitimacy of Barack Hussein Obama's presidency...that can be readily and easily dismissed...

Do you understand what that even means????

Our entire executive branch (constitutionally illegal czars and all) is quite possibly illegitimate...

SCOTUS judges legitimacy are in Question (sotomeyer) Congresses approval of her does not legitimize her if Obama is an usurper and unconstitutional president...

Our entire system of government and those checks and balances are in question....and all it would take is a long form birth certificate to be submitted to the congress.

The submission of it could easily prove that he is eligible, but it couldn't prove that he is ineligible. Because if there is no attending physician and there is no notation as to his birth being outside the state of Hawaii, then it's just evidence in a chain that COULD possibly show that he is not a citizen or a natural born citizen.

So even though it can't prove that he is illegitimate, they won't show it? Why?

This is ridiculous all right, it's ridiculous that a country that is supposed to be run by the people, for the people and of the people, and the people can't even be shown proof that their elected representative is constitutionally legitimate....

ARRGHHHH, it is infuriating.

And all you morons that have your heads in the sand and don't want to even know make me sad, because when they take all of your liberties and leave you living in the dirt or worse, throwing you in the gulag and deteriming what you WILL believe (just look at the anthropogenic global warming B.S.) you won't deserve for me to fight to restore your liberty and will only deserve to crawl up into a little ball and be buried in the ground.

Friggin idiots.

Jaden

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I guess he 's smarter and better then all those thousands of US soldiers not questioning orders of their CIC and risking their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan..Someone should give them a nudge since they obviously can't think for themselves.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You want to disagree or agree with this guy? Fine. No problem. Go for it. You want to believe Obama is ineligible or eligible to hold office? Again no problem.
But I ask you this - Where was your adamant questioning of eligibility when the with the last president ? Or are you just walking the party line?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by GovtFlu
I had to supply a long form birth certificate to get my city job... and pass a psychological evaluation.

Nice to know the job of president has lower hiring standards.

Send me your long-form! I want to see it

as far as I can tell the city was practically inviting you to hand them a fake document....

Why don't you request the Director of Health and Human Services for your state to make a public announcement confirming your citizenship and then get back to me and tell me how you underwent more scrutinity than the President of the United States.

Don't bother...I won't believe even if you do...

"I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago...."

www.usatoday.com...

Honestly...the BS "birthers" accept without reservation to feed thier Obama hate...it is like herion. It feels good in the moment, but will leave your integrity and self respect guant and desperate. That need to feed the hate beast with lies...it is eroding your personal sense of honesty.

File a "Pitches motion" and maybe you can see it... and I have to need to ask anyone, I have state verified "proof": it's called an advanced POST certificate.. NOT a certification.

It takes 100 applicants to fill 3 positions for the job I retired from, obama wouldn't qualify unless he released authority for the city to obtain a long form birth certificate. Why?, because the city doesn't accept what I gave them at face value, or 'minimum' requirements. Not to mention sociopaths like obama usually fail the MMPI, a required pass.

Believing this govt, or this known liar, given the establishments rich history of deceit & deception is just being gullible... they lie about wars, but not about pieces of paper?.. lol, sure thing. As if its out of the question for the oligarch elite to lie with billions of dollars and 2 wars to protect?, ohhh nooo... they'd never ever tell a few lies to keep the agenda they've been working on for generations rolling.

US govt elite "business as usual" relies on BS, understand that and it becomes clear why some people just don't believe obama about this.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
While I generally hold all uniformed ranking members of the US Military in high regard, it is worthy to note where the LTC resides in the true military chain of command.

As far as his actual echelon on the totem pole, he is closer to a Corporal (4 tiers) than the Commander in Chief (10 tiers) He is not technically disobeying the orders of the CIC but rather all the authorized ranks directly above him.

1. Commander in Chief
Armed with the information, the president makes the cutive decision
2. Secretary Of Defense
Informed of the decision, the defense secretary instructs Central Command.
3 U.S. Central Command
The head of Central Command, which covers all U.S. forces in the region, refines the war strategy with commanders from four branches of service.
4 In the Field
Further down the chain, combat decisions are left to the commanders of various troop and armor units. A look at the Army structure: Numbered Army (i.e., 3rd U.S. Army)

COMMANDER General (Gen.) / SIZE 70,000 soldiers.
Army combines 2 or more corps.
UNIT / Corps /COMMANDER Lieutenant General (Lt. Gen.) / SIZE 20,000-45,000 soldiers. Corps has 2-5 divisions.
UNIT / Division /COMMANDER Major General (Maj. Gen.) / SIZE 10,000-15,000 soldiers.
Division has about 3 brigades.
UNIT / Brigade / COMMANDER Brigadier General (Brig. Gen.) / SIZE 3,000-5,000 soldiers.
Brigade has 2-4 regiments.
UNIT / Regiment / COMMANDER Colonel (Col.) / SIZE 600-4,000 soldiers.
Regiment has 2-4 battalions.
UNIT / Battalion /COMMANDER Lieutenant Colonel (Lt. Col.) / SIZE 300-1,000 soldiers. Battalion has 4-5 companies.
UNIT / Company / COMMANDER Captain (Capt.) / SIZE 62-190 soldiers.
Company has 3-5 platoons.
UNIT / Platoon / COMMANDER Lieutenant (Lt.) / SIZE 16-44 soldiers.
Platoon has 2-4 squads.
UNIT / Squad / COMMADER Sergeant (Sgt.) / SIZE 9-10 soldiers. Squad has 3 teams
UNIT / Team / COMMANDER Corporal (Cpl.) / SIZE 3 soldiers

Source

Nothwithstanding the small fact that as HunkaHunka pointed out, only Congress has the authority to declare war.
This is simply Birther Ver. 2.0

I think he needs a visit from a Rear Admiral.

Regards...kk

[edit on 31-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
The mans a fool.

And was paid well.

Hello,
So, that's what it's about.
Do your job, and get paid. But, paid well.

The least of two evils; accept compensation for following orders, (take a life) so long as the orders are lawful. That's not so bad...Honor and glory to boot.

When the orders are being administered by an unlawful officer, (POTUS in question), one has a moral obligation...

Too many soldiers take the money and run, well, the ones who don't get killed in the process.

Do soldiers actually get "trained" to for-go moral obligations? For honor, God, and country? Oh yeah, they get paid well also.

The flight simulation; The TSA is in place to provide what service?

In the end of the debates, only the innocents pay with their lives. Politicians can simply walk away. Politicians have the highest standards of morals now, don't they?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Trust but Verify...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It really amazes me at how ignorant most posters in this topic are of the way the US military really works.

First, as a MEDICAL officer, the guys commission does not equal a regular military commission or rank. A medical LTC can not give legal 'combat orders' to anyone, outside of something dealing with medical issues. Same with military lawyers, vetinarians, and certain commissioned scientists.

So based on the above, do not assume this guy's arguments represent a regular army officer perspective.

Second, an officer's oath of office obligates him to support and defend the Constitution of the US; to bear true faith to this oath; affirm that he took the oath freely; and that he would faithfully execute his duties. Officer's Oath

No officer has the right to take it on himself to challange the Constitutional Authority of the President or any other elected official. That's called sedition, and is a treasonous act. That's why our founding father's established the Court, as part of the US government's triad of authority: Executive Branch, Congress, and the Courts. Notice the military is not one of those no matter how much some of you folks facist little hearts desire.

No officer worth his salt - no officer I ever met in my 30 plus years of active duty and post-active duty service - would ever disobey an order (even a deployment order) because of some vague legal challange to an elected official. On the other hand, I have met many officers who would refuse an order to do something unethical, criminal or evil.

The guy in question here is a doctor who happens to wear a uniform and is paid by the military (who probably paid for his education), and who he owed time in service to meet his obligations. Now, he probably is simply seeking a mechanism to get out of his obligations so he can go off and do private practice and get rich. And some of you folks want to glorify him for that huh?

Try picking better heroes is my advice to most of you.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

As a veteran myself Id have to disagree with you. In fact, since Obama has commited both treason and borderline sedition......makes it even more apparent why he questioned it. Enemies foriegn and domestic, yup would seem Obama may be both at the same time.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

just some devil's advocate here:

maybe he's scared to go back to afghanistan so he's making up an excuse to halt his deployment...? ...

I seriously doubt that
MD's are usually in a safe zone and it's the medics
who are in harms way

No, I think the man is just following his conscience.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You know, I don't consider myself a "birther", but I just don't understand why Obama just doesn't release his Birth Certificate and put the matter to rest once and for all. The Certificate that has been released and made its way around MSM and the net is not a valid birth certificate. I know, my daughters have the same form and it is not usable as a birth certificate. I had to go to my County Clerk to get their offical Birth Certificate.

So why won't he just release it?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

O.k, lets straighten the circle for ya....if Obama is a fake president, and Congress knows this, that would make both ofr them domestic enemies. If Congress doesn't know, doubtfull, then that still makes Obama a domestic enemy. So again, I have no problem with his decision.

What the hell is "a fake president"? Use proper english and call him "a potentially illegitimate president"!

Don't you think by now a)he is most likely legitimate since ALL THE COURTS are dismissing the evidence or less likely b)ALL THE COURTS are into the conspiracy and thus domestic enemies.

Not to mention the DNC, Hawaii board of health, congress, 99.999% of the US Military, republicans, and god knows who else would have to be into this conspiracy, THUS ALL DOMESTIC ENEMIES!

The chances are overwhelmingly in President Obama's favor. If the LTC thinks he is correct and everyone else is wrong then he should prove it during his upcomming court martial.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How come no soldiers refused to deploy, saying Bush was not a citizen? Would anyone have refused to take orders from McCain?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber
You know, I don't consider myself a "birther", but I just don't understand why Obama just doesn't release his Birth Certificate and put the matter to rest once and for all. The Certificate that has been released and made its way around MSM and the net is not a valid birth certificate. I know, my daughters have the same form and it is not usable as a birth certificate. I had to go to my County Clerk to get their offical Birth Certificate.

So why won't he just release it?

My guess would be in accordance with why there seems such a fuss to not re-open 9/11/01 investigation. That dirty word evil things hate; "the truth."

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Ok I got out of the active duty army with an honorable over 20 years ago and to watch this fool makes me sick, I volunteered and took an oath, this idiot does not have any right to somehow try and undermine the overall objectives of the U.S. government, by using some weak never proven excuse about the legally elected individual and now serving in the role of president over some internet fueled Obama birth certificate accusation that has been proven to be untrue, yet it has been kept alive by those who choose to believe that it is indeed undisputed truth.

When you are given an order in the military it does not say to that you question the position or validity of the individual giving you the order based on whether you believe that they are credibly entitled to serve in the role of the superior ranking giving you the order or not, if the individual was promoted by the military you just follow, if the individual happens to be the president that was legally and without question elected to commander in chief you have no basis for your argument to disobey you MUST FOLLOW the order, you only question orders if they are unlawful and you had better have VERY STRONG EVIDENCE that the order given at that time is unlawful or will cause tremendous undo harm to you or possibly soldiers serving under you.

It frightens me to think that there are commissioned officers in the military carrying out such treasonous and seditious acts, he is a weak excuse for an officer and really hope he gets the court martial he deserves because he is unfit to protect me or anyone that understands the role of the armed forces, my belief is that this individual has ZERO backbone, and he cannot keep his own word and solemn oath to the United States of America it completely undermines the military doctrine and overall mission at hand.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by phinubian]

I don't have anything to say, except, BRAVO! Thank you for setting them straight on this issue.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Don't you think by now b)ALL THE COURTS are into the conspiracy and thus domestic enemies.

I believe there is a possibility, yes.

Not to mention the DNC, Hawaii board of health, congress, 99.999% of the US Military, republicans, and god knows who else would have to be into this conspiracy, THUS ALL DOMESTIC ENEMIES!

Military Industrial Complex? Yes.

The chances are overwhelmingly in President Obama's favor. (Why?) If the LTC thinks he is correct and everyone else is wrong then he should prove it during his upcomming court martial.

Yes, providing that the court hearing is held in open court; no kangaroos.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by phinubian

Seditious and treasonous....have you met our supposed president? Hell, he was busy commiting treason just to pass his healthcare bill. As a veteran myself, I applaude him for his courage to stand up to Obama. You are to protect this country from all dangers foriegn and domestic...Obama fills the bill.

I think it's fair to say that his "standing up" to the President doesn't intimidate the President for one split second. This dog don't hunt, and this man is making a mistake.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join