It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Lieutenant Colonel Publicly Disobeys Orders to Afghan on Obama Eligibility Issue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Couldn't possibly have said it any better. This LTC has just sunk his career. If he's lucky, he'll be allowed to retire...if he's not, court-martial and nothing. Personally? Nothing would be my preference.

You don't like your commander and chief? Fine. Resign your commission and get out, then get on your high horse... Don't undermine the civilian authority by using this reason that to my knowledge has been tossed in every court room it's entered.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

If he has sunk his carrer, he did it on his own terms. Too many people complain when the military doesn't do what they feel is right or legal, yet he chose to make a stand. Further, if he sunk his career through his own actions, it's a damn sight better than having it sunk for you ala the Navy SEALs going on trial now, because of a bunch of pc crap.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
But if that did happen, and a whole mess of soldiers jumped on this bandwagon, I suppose a logical thing to do would be to hire more mercenaries. I.e., Blackwater (don't they have a new name now?), etc.

They'll get this war fought, no matter what it costs. And the same for Iran.

hire more mercenaries ????
r u kidding me???

what is wrong with this picture???

I can see the world's headlines now

American Army Deserts Hires Mercenaries for Corporate Interests

that alone proves this war was about money and NOT terrorism!!!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Atleast the man stands up for what he believes in. He had the courage to speak his peace regardless of the consequences. He believes the POTUS attained his office illegally, all he wants is public documents proving that he is wrong. Shouldn't be a problem. I mean, this is the President right. Of course there is an abundance of paperwork and documentation and background checks, right? Wait, what do you mean there has been some problems questioning the validity of said documents...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Discharge the lunatic.

Anyone at this time still questioning Obama's birth certificate is an idiot and seriously disillusioned.

Even if Obama was born in Kenya he is a U.S. citizen because his mother is a naturalized U.S. citizen. Learn the law.

The courts are not taking this up as a legal issue because it has absolutely no merit.

Oh, and the guy who refused to go, volunteered, then changed his mind as a conscientious objector. In other words, just another nutcase.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Everyone should be behind this guy.

It doesn't matter if you think he is eligible or if he isn't. This guy is sacrificing himself to find out for US. All of us.

Do not be divided and conquered.

For crying out loud this is one of the more important steps that could be taken to reconcile the whole debate on eligibility.

Those who think Obama is telling the truth should be GLAD he is going to try to find out some answers. They might be proven correct.

Likewise, those people called in a derogatory manner 'birthers' should also be GLAD because they might also be proven correct.

One party will also be proven incorrect. All we can do is spread the information and support the mans quest.

Glad to hear from some vets on the thread as well... but confused why this action that the Lieutenant has taken is wrong, stupid, illegal, etc.

He fights for the PEOPLE in this action, not for Congress or the White House or for himself. I can't believe that this action would be criticized when probably many people around him believe what he is doing is right.

I applaud his efforts as they may directly influence events in my lifetime regardless of the outcome.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
no offense to anyone but watching this guy just rubbed me the wrong way he is coming off as a complete ass! I'm not even sure if i can totally agree with the law that u had to be born on american soil to be president. What of people who are born somewhere on vacation, or anything else dumb, if they actually lived here there whole life whats it matter of not being born on land that says "american owned". That has nothing to do with your ability to lead once your grown up, the land doesnt teach you anything the day you are bon so whats the big. Do i have to remind that our first presidents were not born on american soil! I think with America being a melting pot of so many diffrent cultures, that such a minute problem should not be an issue. Also would like to add that america gives birth to many assholes everyday that I would not want leading this country, fuk america being on their birth certificate

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Even if Barry Soetoro was born in America, (Which I doubt), he would have lost his citizenship when he was adopted. He would be an Indonesian citizen.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
His Mom was a natural BORN citizen not naturalized, but your assumption is still correct.

Soljaboy is just a coward and a traitor, put him where he belongs.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

•Anyone born inside the United States *
•Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
•Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
•Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
•Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
•A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

For all of the people out there who are birthers and unfortunately this US officer just ended his carreer. That is what the law states as a natural citizen of the US. The Presidents mother is a natural born citizen of the United States of America, so he is by that relation a citizen of the United States of America.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
WHOA!
It appears that a number of folks, both civilian and military, believe that it is the obligation of enlisted or officer personnell to obey orders, regardless of the legality of said orders. DANGEROUS!!!

What really has me alarmed is the fact they these folks are placing the importance on obeying orders, and NOT protecting the Constitution. Let us not forget that a standing army is ILLEGAL during times of peace.

And to clarify, the previous soldiers who brought suit did not win. Their orders were rescinded which nullified the merits of the case and it was dropped as a result. If Obama was eligible, this would have been a perfect opportunity for the administration to send a very strong message to the armed forces regarding the vailidity and legality of their orders. Instead, they "fought" the case, not on it's merits, but by eliminating the potential for the "Grevious harm" that could result from following illegal orders. Very peculiar!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

thank you! and you might wanna repeat that for all the peopl who aint listening
The guy is just an ass, his the one in highschool that people just kinda laugh at and ignore, cept his thinks he so cool and he runs the place, sad to say some people just never grow up

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Now before I start, I know many of you dont have warm feelings towards Bill Cooper. Im not sure what to think about him, but his book "Behold a Pale Horse," has a chapter in it where he offers evidence that a military coup took place under the Nixon administration. At the time, top military brass received a letter stating they were to IGNORE all direct orders from the White House.

Cant say for sure, but it looks like something similar is in the works.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Whoa? This LTC is disobeying a legal order for deployment. He's not disobeying an illegal order to behave in an unlawful manner. You don't get to pick and choose which ones you'll obey, unless you've got all your ducks in a row. He doesn't. Court martial awaits him, or forced retirement, at least it should be awaiting him.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

let us not forget that many things are amended from the constituition, because later they didnt go along with the times, the constitution is the asswipe of america, we should just throw it all out and start from scratch one of these days

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by phinubian

Couldn't possibly have said it any better. This LTC has just sunk his career. If he's lucky, he'll be allowed to retire...if he's not, court-martial and nothing. Personally? Nothing would be my preference.

You don't like your commander and chief? Fine. Resign your commission and get out, then get on your high horse... Don't undermine the civilian authority by using this reason that to my knowledge has been tossed in every court room it's entered.

At least he has the balls to stand up for what he believes and is a true man and patriot. When is the last time you did something patriotic for your country that made your fellow citizens proud? I doubt ever. He's a real man, a patriot and a hero you're just a forum colonel.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by kozmo

Whoa? This LTC is disobeying a legal order for deployment. He's not disobeying an illegal order to behave in an unlawful manner. You don't get to pick and choose which ones you'll obey, unless you've got all your ducks in a row. He doesn't. Court martial awaits him, or forced retirement, at least it should be awaiting him.

Hey Einstein, the order is NOT legal if the president is not legitimate. Did you even see the video or are you just trolling? All orders to deployment are ILLEGAL because the president failed to provide proof of his citizenship. END OF STORY.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Come now...temper, temper.

Last I heard, it was a free country, and I am, again; last I heard, entitled to an opinion.

My opinion is: This "hero" is wrong. There is no evidence, zero, nadda, zilch, to support his fantasy claims... Every court case that has been brought forth on this issue has been tossed. Kinda puts the kibosh on this guys heroism doesn't it?

What I've done, or not done isn't the topic of conversation here. Patriotism comes in various colors and shades, friend... Spare me the histrionics.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I don't know wheter or not he was born in Hawaii BUT, I definatly know he has gone out of his way to hide the document (as well as others).

:sigh:

There's really no point engaging you people, is there? Releasing a document that's good enough for ANY citizen to prove his or her natural-born citizenship isn't good enough for Obama, is it?

And considering the Hawaiian governor and Secretary of Health have vouched for the authenticity of the certificate that has been released AND have confirmed that the original does exist and is legitimate, what would be the point in releasing the "long form" original? If you think the Hawaiian gov't is covering up, then you'll just say that whatever is released is a forgery.

What WOULD prove Obama's legitimacy to you?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i guess this makes me a berther...but looky looky what i found!

Barack Obama is not legally a U.S. natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between "December 24, 1952 to November 13, 1986?

Presidential office requires a natural-born citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. citizen parents

BAM!

I applaud the LTC, and good luck to him, he has done the right thing by not taking illegal orders from an illegal president

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join