It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium moves to ban the burqa

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

The beautiful form of a lady? hahaha man you are stupid as you look.

What? So i'm guessing you are homosexual then? I didn't realise. I'm sorry to offend your tastes. Unlike you though, i do find women attractive, beautiful and i treat ladies with respect and love.

Thw women who is naked is pretty?, ya then maybe that's why your living around perverted sick people. Who have sex with anything that moves. Where sex is the name of the game, where girls are commiting abortion at an early age every year.

No - that's a vague assumption based on media spin. It also makes you look desperate to find a foothold in this arguement. Unfortunately for you... you are slipping.

Thats why america has the highest rate of divorces, rape, and abortion. YA THATS RIGHT, NOT THESE COUNTRIES WHO YOU SAY ARE BAD BUT AMERICA WHICH YOU THINK IS YOUR OWN COUNTRY HAS THE HIGHEST RATE OF DIVORCES, RAPE, AND ABORTION.

Learn to read... I live in ENGLAND.

So get your facts straight, your not american, your somewhere from europe, go back and check your family history, because this mate IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY.

*cough* English and YES it's MY country....

You sir, are a guest.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

bout time. they are a symbol of oppression of women. until there is a genuine choice whether women can wear them or not, they should be banned in all countries.

outdated mediaeval practice. move with the times. women aren't slaves or chattels anymore. i think islamic women are gonna need the help of the whole world to escape their servitude, and every woman with a daughter or man who cares about his own daughter, should be helping to fight against these beliefs and practices, which cause so much misery to so many women and girls.

there have been many cries for help from saudi women, and western women who have married saudi men and needed to escape with their own daughters.

its sick that the rest of the world sits and lets this go on.

i dont care that some women in islam are brainwashed enough to accept or want these practices. the majority of women worldwide would abhor this behaviour, and women need to band together for once and do something about it. a little help from men wouldnt hurt either.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

ok, i'll say it.

STAY THE HECK HOME IN YOUR OWN LOVELY COUNTRIES.

stop ooggling and judging our women,

don't fight the laws and culture you were welcomed into.

who cares what you think? why should i give a ratts pitouy?

you watching and judging me? my kids? my wife?

stalking us much?

don't cover your faces.

i am american, ya ya, i know we kill everyone.

i see a few women wearing scarfs, mostly malay/indo domestics, but in my village, i saw 4 in full burka one day.

had to be a special occasion, i have no prob with that!

so feel free to express yourselves, when appropriate.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Everyone misses the point completely!

How is you forcing a woman to not wear an item of clothing any better than the man forcing her to wear it in the first place??

This is still opression! You cannot say that these burqas are a sign of opressions, so ban them! Removing the freedom of choice is just enforcing a different kind of oppression.

How can no one see this?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Moderation is already encoded in the law.

Do you walk down the street naked? No.

Why is that? You already accept a MODICUM of societal moderation.

One extreme is the same as the other.

Originally posted by Nammu
Everyone misses the point completely!

How is you forcing a woman to not wear an item of clothing any better than the man forcing her to wear it in the first place??

This is still opression! You cannot say that these burqas are a sign of opressions, so ban them! Removing the freedom of choice is just enforcing a different kind of oppression.

How can no one see this?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well, i believe that people should have the freedom to walk down the street naked.

So you also think i should be banned from wearing a jumper, trousers, hat and scarf over my face at the same time? The winters are pretty bad up here so this is usually how i cut about in public in the winter. You can only see my eyes.

At the end of the day that is at the same end of extreme in your book.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by pujols5

The beautiful form of a lady? hahaha man you are stupid as you look.

What? So i'm guessing you are homosexual then? I didn't realise. I'm sorry to offend your tastes. Unlike you though, i do find women attractive, beautiful and i treat ladies with respect and love.

Thw women who is naked is pretty?, ya then maybe that's why your living around perverted sick people. Who have sex with anything that moves. Where sex is the name of the game, where girls are commiting abortion at an early age every year.

No - that's a vague assumption based on media spin. It also makes you look desperate to find a foothold in this arguement. Unfortunately for you... you are slipping.

Thats why america has the highest rate of divorces, rape, and abortion. YA THATS RIGHT, NOT THESE COUNTRIES WHO YOU SAY ARE BAD BUT AMERICA WHICH YOU THINK IS YOUR OWN COUNTRY HAS THE HIGHEST RATE OF DIVORCES, RAPE, AND ABORTION.

Learn to read... I live in ENGLAND.

So get your facts straight, your not american, your somewhere from europe, go back and check your family history, because this mate IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY.

*cough* English and YES it's MY country....

You sir, are a guest.

You mate either need glasses, or you just simply can not read.

Where in the world did you get homosexual from?

If you would've read the post entirely instead of rushing to post anything you see, then you would've followed that comment with the one right underneath it, which is that a woman naked is not pretty. Got it ? good.

Last i checked you were defending america, not england so get YOUR facts straight.

You my friend are trying to make a point but you are slipping, better get the brain working faster.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by pujols5

ok, i'll say it.

STAY THE HECK HOME IN YOUR OWN LOVELY COUNTRIES.

stop ooggling and judging our women,

don't fight the laws and culture you were welcomed into.

who cares what you think? why should i give a ratts pitouy?

you watching and judging me? my kids? my wife?

stalking us much?

don't cover your faces.

i am american, ya ya, i know we kill everyone.

i see a few women wearing scarfs, mostly malay/indo domestics, but in my village, i saw 4 in full burka one day.

had to be a special occasion, i have no prob with that!

so feel free to express yourselves, when appropriate.

What do you mean go back to your country, last i checked unless you are native american you are not american. you are probably european, ewwww

Get your facts straight and look up your family history, alright bobby joe?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by pujols5]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by pujols5]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pujols5

Where in the world did you get homosexual from?

I just assumed your fear of naked and semi-naked women was maybe because you were gay. It's not an insult.

If you would've read the post entirely instead of rushing to post anything you see, then you would've followed that comment with the one right underneath it, which is that a woman naked is not pretty.

Yeah things like that... I disagree i think a naked lady is quite possibly one of natures purest forms.

I honestly don't know why you cannot appreciate that in OUR society, we aren't afraid of a bit of flesh. In OUR society we have rules and social attitudes that are different from YOUR society.

As i said earlier - if you don't like it... I'm pretty sure Saudi Arabia would be more inclined to adopt your women - fearing attitudes.

Last i checked you were defending america, not england so get YOUR facts straight.

No in actual fact i was defending Belgiums right to ban the god damn Burka , which opresses women and makes your men look like bullies.

You my friend are trying to make a point but you are slipping, better get the brain working faster.

Firstly, i'm not your friend. Secondly i have already made my point, thirdly repeating things that I have said and then saying them back to me just suggests that you lack an imagination.

Please... Get a grip on reality. Life is NOT always suited to your view. Get over it ... Some girls LIKE to show off their bodies. Some girls like to look pretty and dress up how ever they want to dress.

Bullying, ignorant people like your self need to deal with this fact.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Some girls LIKE to show off their bodies. Some girls like to look pretty and dress up how ever they want to dress.

Agree with most of the points you are making and (although you didnt say this) it made me think that some societies can evolve their own 'mental' Burqa, kinda like a ' i can see your body but choose to not get too carried away' rather than have a particular view of women forced upon men.

But then again i also think that some women may want to choose to cover themselves up, so banning the Burqa could be just as foolish as banning nakedness.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join