It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father gets harsher punishment than daughter's 'rapist' after punching attacker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Father gets harsher punishment than daughter's 'rapist' after punching attacker

www.news.c om.au

* Girl claims four men raped her
* Two on good behaviour after plea deal
* Dad gets longer sentence after punch

THE father of a teenage sex assault victim in New South Wales who punched one of his daughter's attackers has been given a longer good behaviour bond than two of her alleged rapists.

The Daily Telegraph reports that under a controversial plea deal that reduced the charges from rape to aggravated indecent assault, two young country footballers were given 18-month bonds for their part in the horrifying attack of the then 15-year-old girl.

They walked free fr
(visit the link for the full news article)

Moderator Note: Please copy the exact headline from the news source when submitting articles to the Breaking ALternative News forum.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow, this is amazing. The prosecutors are taking the side of the criminals, while the victim gets nothing, not any sort of justice.

Now when anything resembling justice occurs, it gets smashed like a bug.

The truth is, the father was in the right, and very reserved to have only punched one of those perverts.(OH WAIT LOL, UK IS FULL OF DISARMED PEASANTS)

www.news.c om.au

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Considering the seriousness of this story... what did you aim to achieve with this comment??

(OH WAIT LOL, UK IS FULL OF DISARMED PEASANTS)

I girl is assaulted and all you can do is crack a childish joke??? Seriously... what was the point of that??

Regarding the story... disgusting... another example of the UK justice system not working. The courts need to start showing some common sense... what father wouldn’t react like that?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Regarding the story... disgusting... another example of the UK justice system not working. The courts need to start showing some common sense... what father wouldn’t react like that?

Believe me, that's not just Britain. This could have been a typical case here in the Netherlands. Our judicial systems in Western Europe are so soft that I sometimes wish we'd have a judicial system more similar to our US counterpart.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Australia******

Would be just as likely in Uk though

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well, it is a shame that you folks over in the UK aren't even allowed to possess pointy sticks! Because, what these yobs deserved was a well-placed hot lead injection into their skulls! This, again, is another example of how insanity has taken over the UK and the people.... well... they just continue to sit back and do nothing about it!

I see more outrage over their stupid wheelie-bins than I do about cases like this. I remember the one about the guy who stabbed an intruder who was trying to harm his family. The intruder got a slap on the wrist, the guy defending his home and family??? He was sent away to prison to serve a lengthy sentence.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
First of all I would like to point out that this happened in New South Wales, Australia and not in The United Kingdom.

However, this could quite as easily have happened over here as the PC brigade have just as much influence and control here as they do in Oz.

Under the same circumstances I know I would have reacted a lot more violent than thisman did, wrong I know...but true...if the law can not be relied upon to hand out justice then it will be sought otherwise....bugger the consequences.

But is that what TPTB want, further break down in law and order to justify further restrictions of personal freedoms?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Thanks for pointing that out... the OP made it sound like an incident in the UK but after reading the news link its Australia not UK!! Makes the OP comment about disarmed peasants that much more stupid...

Thanks GW8UK

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
#ing pathetic.

It seems everyone is so eager to ridicule the UK over this that they're not even reading the story. This happened in New South Wales. Not the UK. Not South Wales. It happened in Australia. It's even mentioned that it happened in Australia in the OP. It's mentioned that it happened in the news.com.au story that it happened in Aus. It's mentioned in the story over at dailytelegraph.com.au - which is the basis of the news.com.au story - that it happened in Aus.

But oh #ing no! The UK is mess! The UK are screwed! Blah #ing blah, #ing blah!

Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MucksterRegarding the story... disgusting... another example of the UK justice system not working. The courts need to start showing some common sense... what father wouldn’t react like that?

The courts work under the direction of the Home Office and laws peddled by our traitorous politicians- no doubting some judges are a disgrace, but they are one disgrace in a long line of them..........

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Fair enough... happened in Australia, and not the UK. The part that should make you mad is that the UK has such a bad reputation and track-record regarding such things that it was EASY to assume it was the UK. There are literally hundreds of stories every single year about how the UK justice system fails to actually mette out anything resembling justice.

And for the record, pointy sticks are now outlawed in Aurstralia too - as of 1996!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Fair enough... happened in Australia, and not the UK. The part that should make you mad is that the UK has such a bad reputation and track-record regarding such things that it was EASY to assume it was the UK. There are literally hundreds of stories every single year about how the UK justice system fails to actually mette out anything resembling justice.

And for the record, pointy sticks are now outlawed in Aurstralia too - as of 1996!

No, not really, the parts that made me mad are that in a place that is meant to deny ignorance people either couldn't be bothered to either read the story or were too ignorant or stupid to think that New South Wales was in the UK and, secondly, that people were so eager to go 'look at the UK! haha can't have pointed sticks, look, look!' they didn't even look at the story. They can't have done because if they did they'd have realised it wasn't in the UK.

Something else that makes me fairly angry is that, when it comes to finger pointing and laughing at the UK over stories like this - or rather not like this one - it's not as if I couldn't find any amount of stories where people were raped, mugged or whatever in America - despite America's laws pertaining to gun ownership - or where there was some kind of miscarriage of justice there.

But again: 'look at the UK! Look at the UK!'

And people on here wonder why I have a problem with the attitude of some Americans?

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

No, what makes us mad is that people make assumptions and reply without even reading all the facts.

No wonder some of us feel that standards are slipping alarmingly here on ATS

As for 'pointy sticks' I think you'll find that crime rates, murder rates etc in both the UK and Australia are far lower than the US and that in itself is justification for our stance on it.

But that is for another thread, if you want to start yet another thread on the subject please feel free and I will gladly contribute, but it has nothing to do with this thread.

[edit on 31/3/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've seen this kind of thing happen in Canada in the past as well. Whereas there is no way I would even give a sentence to anyone who committed a crime after family had been raped or murdered. Counseling, but not a sentence. I think he's lucky he's even alive, and they should be doing 10 years a piece. The father should be given a medal.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
oh for &*(k sakes, get over yourself. dosent matter where it happened. thats not the point here.

i believe if someone is caught red handed 100% no doubt they did a crime as this they deserve a smokin hot bullet. no questions. just absolute bs this type of thing just gets let go.

unbelievable

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Funny, but when I'm in one of America's innumerable small towns in the north and east, I feel no need to arm myself... as there is no crime to speak of to defend against.

The crime here happens in our large cities which do not contain the sons of the East Anglian Puritans or Quaker northmen, or even hearty Scots frontiersmen. No... our cities are chock full of alien populations that kill without warrant.

So you take the tens of millions of our unwanted criminal masses and I'll sell my guns because I won't need them any more.

Oh, be sure to take that criminal minority in our White House too because I don't trust that dubious Chicago thug either.

A s for 'pointy sticks' I think you'll find that crime rates, murder rates etc in both the UK and Australia are far lower than the US and that in itself is justification for our stance on it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This makes me think of the time my dad was taken court. A man, drunk from the pub next door, tried to convince my sister to let him and and attempted to crawl in her bedroom window. She was 8. My dad chased him, cornered him, tried to restrain him until the police came and smacked him with a broom handle when he tried to escape. He ended up in court over his 'assault' of this perv.

That was in the late 80's. Nothing's much different now. Wether Australia, US or UK, the authorities do not think we have the right to protect ourselves. We are not trusted to look after our own property, possessions or even children. Another way to keep control of the masses.

This guy shouldn't have been done with assualting one of these boys. He should have been allowed to beat the schizer out of the little rapist punk. If this was allowed for every girl that was raped, there would be a lot less rapes in this world.

In the Isle of Skye in the old days, apparently if a man was done for rape they would tie them up naked in the most midge infested areas and just leave them there. I'd vote for bringing that back!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
good idea but the bleeding hearts wont go for that.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

Wow, this is amazing. The prosecutors are taking the side of the criminals, while the victim gets nothing, not any sort of justice.

Now when anything resembling justice occurs, it gets smashed like a bug.

The truth is, the father was in the right, and very reserved to have only punched one of those perverts.(OH WAIT LOL, UK IS FULL OF DISARMED PEASANTS)

www.news.c om.au

New South Wales is not in the UK! look it up.......

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is completely disgusting, I am disgusted at this.
Australians living around that area need to gang up and seek justice and terminate those rapists and then protest for the pardon of the father like there's no tomorrow.

The people need to revolt, this is completely unnaceptable.
I am on the other side of the planet from incident and I'm very angered by this news, I hope the locals don't accept this.

What a news to start the day... YUK!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join