It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dominant Fox News Has Best Quarter in Network History

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Dominant Fox News Has Best Quarter in Network History

www.mediabistro.com

Q1 2010 Ratings: Dominant Fox News Has Best Quarter in Network History

By Kevin Allocca on Mar 30, 2010 03:46 PM

In the first quarter of 2010, Fox News drew its largest total day audience averages for any quarter in the network's nearly 14 year history; its second largest in primetime.

FNC was the only network to show growth in each ratings category and, for the second consecutive quarter...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3·31·10 by DrMattMaddix]

Mod Edit - To Fix Link.

[edit on Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:09:38 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
www.mediabistro.com

Edit to fix the link above... Post munged by 8000 character limit.

www.mediabistro.com...

Edit to fix the fixing of the link above... Post munged by 8000 character limit.

As I'm well aware that many ATS'ers are absolutely revolted by FOXNews they are still better than any other television news sources.

FOX just obliterates the competition.

Unfortunately, Beck is becoming that that he dreaded, berated and shunned.

Unfortunately, Sarah Palin has been installed in the "FOX Bubble" as well.

As Alex Jones is awakening the internet masses, FOX News, to their credit, are at least enlightening many to what's going on beyond the lies and misreporting of über leftist networks and cable stations.

MSNBC only creates a blip on the ratings.

I can only speculate those blips are from people that have been channel surfing and the batteries in their remotes went dead and got stuck on MSNBC long enough to create that blip in ratings.

Wow, just wow. More of America keeps waking up.

www.mediabistro.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

OMG this is not editing well.

[edit on 3·31·10 by DrMattMaddix]

Mod Edit - To Fix Link.

[edit on Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:10:19 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The MSM is dead. It's over. You lost.

Who watches the news anymore, unless it's some attack peice on you-tube. Nobaody but a bunch old ladies holding on to their feart and hate like a snuggy Ben Gleck doll.

OReilly get 3.5 million suckers a night, that's their highest rated show. 3.5 mil of 308 mil is just over 1 % .

WHO CARES. It's all a bunch psych warfare snake oil salesman BS, laced with subliminals and info babes winking at you. Jonesy destroys them everytime he gets near them.

They're weak and useless products of a different age. Die well MSM.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
they are still better than any other television news sources.

I will agree it is the best for quick laughs, entertainment wise.

It's sort of like having 5 horses line up and each poop on a plate. Which plate of poop is the best?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I get my news from several different websites usually. But if I am watching news on television, I would rather watch FOX. Don't agree with their angle on things sometimes, but Rachel Maddow is more than I can handle of any given day....

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Hate sells like hell.
Nobody buys the good news news paper but we recognize a rag like the Enquirer for what it is.
FOX is to news what the Enquirer is to the New York Times. Cheap and easy. For those who would rather look at the pictures...so this is no big surprise.

Keep in mind however these are the same people who jumped out of buildings when Orson Wells broadcast War of the Worlds so it is a very inattentive and fickle group not hard set on all the facts first.

Murdoch might not always have them in his pocket.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
And when democrats are out of office, if they ever will be if amnesty passes, CNN will be the ``patriot`` tv channel once again and Fox News will be disgusting...

The only thing is that now CNN don't have the only one who told the truth, LOU DOBBS.

And that Fox News AIN'T PATRIOT in the first place... Beck is a shill, Palin is an idiot who love McCain, OReilly... I can't comment on him since I would be banned...

The only good guy on both of these channels is Andrew Napolitano, who SUPPORTS THE CONSTITUTION and is AGAINST BOTH PARTIES, all the others are trash.

And Olberman was good sometimes during Bush, now he's a total Obama shill, so is Maddow... Not to mention CNBC being the lapdogs of the FED.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What is everyones deal with O'Reilly. He is hated by the far left and especially the far right for being a centrist. I know the dude is a complete as*hat, but he says several things that I agree with him on.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The reasoning seems fairly obvious, to me.

There's a Democrat in office.

Faux news is openly conservative/Republican, therefore they will be more likely to discuss topics or go more in depth on issues that may be against or an embarrassment to Obama, where as a liberal source may gloss over the same story. Same reason why CNN and MSNBC had better ratings under Bush.

I do not think that it is directly related to a surge in Republican support, if that were the case they wouldn't have gotten their asses handed to them.

I will admit I sometimes tune in, and it is solely for entertainment purposes only, much like their commentators, although they may not realize that it is laugh at, say Beck.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

There's a big flaw in your logic. If the surge in Fox's ratings was just due to there being a Democrat in the White House, the other news channels would just change their viewpoint to keep their market share. They are not doing it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by searching4truth

There's a big flaw in your logic. If the surge in Fox's ratings was just due to there being a Democrat in the White House, the other news channels would just change their viewpoint to keep their market share. They are not doing it.

I don't think so, sorry. By your logic all the networks would be the same (not that I personally trust any of them) all networks would be competing for 1 audience and despite what some may choose to believe, the entirety of news media viewership is not conservative.

In the current method that networks are choosing to broadcast their programs, ie hiding behind commentators and pundits to promote their agenda, there has to the two minimum sides. They would be fools to make themselves clones of one another to oppose the current administration, whoever it may be.

The administration is the administration no matter who wins, you have the people that will support it no matter what, people who will fault it no matter what, people that go back and forth, and people who don't care. Therefore, to be competitive you have to cater to one, and hope some of the wishy washy ones tune in at least from time to time.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This comes down to one thing and the progressives should take note of it. This news station was the only one to go after the current adminstration everyone else has been on holiday.

If this is not a wake up call I dont know what is people are searching for answers and it is to bad Fox is the station they are looking to but they are the only one's not slipping under the presidents desk.

What does this mean? The progressive cause is about to come to a end and the backlash will be ten fold. You can almost smell the anger in the US and I bet many in public office are going to have to find new jobs.

You guys think you got some real change you have not seen anything yet. Enjoy the next six months because when it is time to vote again the worm will turn. And everything that has been put in place will be taken apart piece by piece.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Honestly, I would love to see a return to legally accountable journalists.

I am incredibly tired of "commentators" being able to say whatever they please without fact checking or research. I believe that any network that promotes itself as a news station needs to be held account for the stories they relay, and I don't care for some talking head telling me his/her opinion or how I should feel about it, I have a brain of my own, just give me the facts.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wow. That nearly nails how I rate FOX and all them.

I still give Beck a chance. That'd make a good bumper sticker.

Even though he's been letting me down the past few months.

My Theory is that since Beck would never go to Obama's house; I believe that when O'Reilly went to see Obama it wouldn't surprise me abit if Obama had a message delivered through O'Reilly to Beck.

Seems that's when things changed. The FEMA 'research' they did turned into a joke. There are freaking camps for FEMA. Fuggin duh! Their purpose is what's at question.

I'd never put it past the gubbment to exresize their retarded 'legal' right to stow away hoards of dissenters. You have to put them somewhere if that's their decision.

Anyhow, I still give Beck a chance. He has changed his tune and now really appears as a shill. even to the naked eye.

I make up my own opinion no matter what someone else's opinion. Sorry Beck haters. (and O'Reilly haters)

BTW The father-in-law likes O'Reilly so I'm taking path of least resistance there even though O'Reilly can be funny sometimes.

The only good guy on both of these channels is Andrew Napolitano, who SUPPORTS THE CONSTITUTION and is AGAINST BOTH PARTIES, all the others are trash.

Why don't they give him his own show! OMG that guy RoCKS and my overall opinion of judges, that I've encountered in everyday life, would burn a hole in the First Amendment (& T&C.)

Judge Nap Rocks.

I really, really would like to see how high Judge Nap's ratings would go...

[edit on 4·1·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
What is everyones deal with O'Reilly. He is hated by the far left and especially the far right for being a centrist. I know the dude is a complete as*hat, but he says several things that I agree with him on.

YES. His ratings are nearly off the scale... "the #1 rated cable show for 10 years and counting"

They are very polished and have fun segments. Why they are rated so high.

Too bad Lou Dobbs isn't on more often. A voice of sanity in the wilderness.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
This comes down to one thing and the progressives should take note of it. This news station was the only one to go after the current adminstration everyone else has been on holiday.

Absolutely.

...people are searching for answers and it is to bad Fox is the station they are looking to but they are the only one's not slipping under the presidents desk.

Absolutely. Excellent point. In my opinion, MANY people are lost and they know in their guts that Network News & Most Cable News isn't telling the truth. That's what woke me up originally.

...The progressive cause is about to come to a end and the backlash will be ten fold.

Have you checked what Progressives are about? What I've found is that on the surface they have very high calling. Their main goals of assisting the less fortunate are respectable.

They appear to strive for the highest ideals. Yet, the execution of their ideals is so inept, bumble-some and to a great degree, evil; they will never appeal to common citizens. Perhaps they appear evil because "caregiver's" without the humanity, is void of any soul and otherwise forced.

Common Citizens can achieve the benevolent and philanthropic goals without ever becoming Progressives (or breaking a sweat.) And everyone wins.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Hate sells like hell.
Nobody buys the good news news paper but we recognize a rag like the Enquirer for what it is.
FOX is to news what the Enquirer is to the New York Times. Cheap and easy. For those who would rather look at the pictures...so this is no big surprise.

Keep in mind however these are the same people who jumped out of buildings when Orson Wells broadcast War of the Worlds so it is a very inattentive and fickle group not hard set on all the facts first.

Murdoch might not always have them in his pocket.

I think such numbers are Orson Wells... It use to be information was spread and spun
differently across a diverse market. However, now information is packaged in an emotionally engaging way and the analysis and opinions are tightly controlled.

FOX news is Dancing with the stars for political people. What used to be in place was a sea of many independent opinions. As time rolls by politics has become a meta form of control. This emotional control is fundamental and probably more valuable than any real, tangible control.

Mainstream of the mainstream which might be the last place to get information regarding PTB. I bet my bottom dollar Mr Wells would not suggest getting opinions from a place thats supposed to be selling INFORMATION.
This is what is suspect of all MSM, the selling of opinion. Details are always so light
on the scale, another clear indicator...

Sort of like FOX came to defense of the country and constitution when it was time to sell the public the very security construct that would descend on "liberty" once the SHTF. Ironic this is the same source that sold terrorism and fear for a living. We are terrified now, you will be conquered, react, flop about and think what I think.

It is the group think aspect that is the most telling, nature would produce diverse opinions and more importantly, reactions.

Best part is going with the guys who egged on the destruction before. No surprise there

React, react, react, take stock later.

I wouldn't be surprised if news is coordinated between the divide, that would be the most devastating. All they have to do is build a construct and fill it in...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
What's funny is that The Daily Show and The Colbert Report own all of them in terms of ratings, viewership, and sponsorship dollars.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

If this is not a wake up call I dont know what is people are searching for answers and it is to bad Fox is the station they are looking to but they are the only one's not slipping under the presidents desk.

What does this mean? The progressive cause is about to come to a end and the backlash will be ten fold.

I am starting to think you get off on being pissed at something tangible, people and their insidious plots and all. I still want you to cite/sight this progressive menace that is
marching throughout the land. You can't though

There are no "progressive" meetings, marches, rallies, none.
For a vile movement capable of killing America, one would assume their presence would be truly awesome in public life. We beat the Nazi's butts, these progressives must meet in the sewers, literally, cause I don't see em.

Have you seen a large group of progressive mobilizing this alleged tyrannical take over? You talk as if they scalped your own mother...

...like a crusader who devoutly follows the word, that is the most dangerous thing a society can breed. You want backlash, Adolph wanted backlash too, Stalin wanted backlash, Mao wanted backlash, WE CRUSH YOU!". You need to resist that, that is
the same slop history always falls into.

I keeping trying to tap some sense, how do you think all the fascism you fear is created? Pretty soon the bar is upped, backlash ten fold multiplies and becomes out of control.That vacuum of justification for escalation sets in which is the perfect time to administer control, like the war on terror.Up the bar, up the bar, sounds like a recipe for not very good things.
You should question that arousal of public emotion and patriotism. Mother Russia,
Fatherland your core document, the last is being used as a tool, there are two ways to do that by the way...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

will bill o'reilley still be moaning about liberal bias in the media while chortling about the new dominance of fox

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join