It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed over Fernald Nuclear Facility - Nov, 1994.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
""Interestingly enough, after a family member left NASA for a private defense contractor, he eventually ended up in his (or her's, lol) ladder years working to coordinate the clean-up of the Fernald facility due to his (or her's) experience with nuclear material and environmental protocols concerning such.. I could add more really interesting tidbits (as this was a close family member) however none of them have anything to do with UFO's or anything conspiratorial in nature, lol. ""

This tactic of presenting your opinion by beginning your reply with something that is meant to downplay the incident is quite pathetic. What does this have to do with the case at hand other than trying to make a mockery of the case before you have presented evidence to arrive at such a conclusion? Complete Tripe.

""And don't even get me started on security out there, lol. Most of them were of very low intelligence when I met them multiple times (being basically nothing more than washed up mall-security guard wannabes) ""

Again, another fine example of a pathetic tactic used by pseudo-skeptics such as yourself on a regular basis. Drawing into question the integrity of the security guards at a nuclear facility is not going to help your effort at all, but rather expose your agenda driven bias and true colours. Oh, you met them did you? Can you provide us with some documentation to back up this statement? As well, since you are stating that you have had access to these workers and questioned them, I would imagine you would have perhaps kept documentation on your endeavor, perhaps a paper or an article? I'll need to see that as well if anyone is going to even begin to start taking you seriously rather than just another ATS wannabe "skeptic".

""In the end, this report is not unlike many other reports, full of witness that report what they expect people to believe, what they expect to see, and completely consistent with many reports that have less than ideal circumstances or reliable witnesses. So, in a nutshell, nothing comes of things like this. No way to investigate, and nothing more than a light in the sky. Crap like this is nothing more than an earlier version of youtube, lol....only even less reliable! ""

You started off there quite well but then went off an egotistical tirade where your ego began to take over and continued to spill out brain pooh regarding the incident. Yet more tripe.

""I guess believers think if they bring useless things like this up often enough, that eventually they might reach the point of the straw breaking the camel's back and the rest of us (the world, that is) capitulating. Sorry, doesn't work that way. The straw that breaks this camel's back sure as heck ain't gonna be some report of some dudes seeing lights in the sky years and years ago. The straw that breaks this camels back ain't gonna come from some internet hero posting anything and everything they can find concerning this subject for personal gain, attention, or actual ignorance. Sorry to be the bearer or reality here. ""

Please, spare us the character assassination attempts as your method of trying to "debunk" this incident, it's not going to fly. I and HUNDREDS of other members will agree that members like Karl12, Internos and others, have more integrity, intelligence, method of examination and presentation than you could even hope to come close to. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ITF.

""I would humbly suggest that the unhinged attention seeking fanatic is more the type of person that continues to post case after case in a manner that makes them out to be some authority in the absurd. ""

Pure and utter fecal matter. Not once have you attempted to tackle the cases that count, the big ones where the men go to play. You stick to the kiddie threads and avoid the exceptional cases like the plague. If you want to even remotely start to give yourself any credibility, impress us. Go and tackle the Portage County OHIO UFO Case Maybe then, just maybe, people might start taking you seriously.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Kidflash, thanks for the reply and I agree that Kenny Young makes some pretty astute points about 'debunkers' in his video - I also agree that this case isn't the strongest one I've ever come across but I don't see why there can't be calm, polite, mature discussion about it from everyone (whatever anyone's opinion). I'd not heard of this incident before either so I'm certainly glad someone like Kenny Young was out there investigating it.

Its interesting because he was also looking into other UFO reports from the same area just two weeks earlier and came across this footage shot by a town resident of an unidenitified object near a police car (see 4:40)

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It is probably space Ice debris....

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
It is probably space Ice debris....

G'day seridium

How did you work that out?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I just gotta say one more thing, lol. Stationary light on a video, matches nothing that the "witnesses" claim to have seen (which is typical, because all that zipping around and right angle turn nonsense NEVER gets caught on tape when it counts, lol). And displays NOTHING of any importance that can't be explained by a hundred or so more mundane things. The only reason this jumps of the ledge of reason is the tale that has been weaved around it.

exactly what i was thinking as i saw this video and many others...

witnesses always claiming that the light raced across the sky, followed their vehicles, did some unimaginable turns, etc... yet when you look at the footage all you see is some blurry, stationary light.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hey look, more blurry video of lights.

Must be aliens. No other explanation is even possible.

I watched the blurry video of lights and I must say I'm convinced. Of what....I have no clue, but I'm definitely convinced.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I watched the video with no sound..it allowed me to skate around the narrative and programming and simply looked at what was filmed

ultimately, I seen a few seconds of a light in what appeared to be the sky...I dont know the vantage point, so it could have been a streetlight on a hill, or just your typical lantern. ultimately, the video was unremarkable. Not sure what the woman on the old TV wobbling on a hill was talking about, but that doesn't really matter. I wonder where the rest of the footage is.

Anyhow...clearly this didn't amount to much considering its over a decade old released. just stack that up on the pile of reports of weird things in the night and a picture of a white ball in the sky that could be one of a dozen different things.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Thank you for another mind feast Jocko
I look forward to reading the ohio ufo thread

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is it me or is debunking getting lazier and lazier?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The light shown on the video can be any number of things that is earthly in origin. Then again, it can also be something from another planet, galaxy, dimension or what have you. Try as you might but all we can do with this type of video footage alone is speculate.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
was this ball of light witnessed and or reported/filmed by others, outside of the facility ?
for me it does not prove anything outer worldly, it could be ball lightning or similar phenomena....

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semus
Must be aliens. No other explanation is even possible.

Semus, I don't think anyone's mentioned aliens mate.

It is worth pointing out that U.F.O.s have got quite a long history when it comes to being witnessed over nuclear weapon storage areas though - here are some interesting reports from NORAD.

* DOD, USAF, and CIA document reveal that during October, November, and December of 1975, reliable military personnel repeatedly sighted unconventional aerial objects in the vicinity of nuclear-weapons storage areas, aircraft alert areas and nuclear-missile control facilities at Loring Air Force Base, Maine; Wurtsmith AFB Michigan; Malstrom AFB, Montana; Minot AFB, North Dakota; and Canadian Air Forces Station, Ontario. Many of the sightings were confirmed by radar. At Loring AFB, the interloper "demonstrated a clear intent on the weapons storage areas."

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
...another disappointing sighting.

Let's face it, the only reason anyone is giving this any attention is because it is next to a nuclear facility.

Some reason long ago UFOs and nuclear anything started to go hand in hand, and rumors have spread. Why? Most probably because someone made a giant leap of logic to connect Roswell and nuclear weapons... from that point, everyone and their mom started seeing UFOs next to nuclear facilities because they wanted to see that.

Anyway, this sighting has nothing going for it. There is zero reference to anything in the background. It could be a light on a tower, a light on a hill, a jet flying toward or away from the camera, it could be absolutely anything that has a single white light.

Of course it is unidentifiable... It's too dark to see and no reference...

[edit on 31-3-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not much to say as everything else has already been said.

The testimonies are interesting, sort of, but this isn't anything new, especially for the 90's and it's introduction of insultingly cheesy UFO shows. So who knows what really happened, and what the real testimonies were.

The video evidence, is a joke, as is usually the case. It is a stationary light, quite unremarkable in every conceivable fashion. As was said earlier, it can't even be verified that this object is even in the sky to begin with. So is it even "flying", aka an Unidentified Flying Object?

Also, I don't see what business the locals from the Department of Energy had to consider "editing" the footage, or hiding some UFO evidence. That just doesn't hold up, the various local workers from the Dept. of Energy are not subservient to an organization like the CIA or NSA, so they have no reason to be hiding UFO evidence. Neither does a local sheriff authority.

Personally, I think it's silly. There are better accounts out there.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hey mate,

Yes that's the Royce I mean
He's a good guy, and I hope he comes back to Ufology after he has recharged his batteries. He is sorely needed.

As for Kenny, he contributed so much to Ufology: the Trumbull County UFO incident is a great one! As are many others.

I think you said something along the lines that this was not the best UFO case out there. I agree - but then again - how many 'great ones' are there?? Very few, if you use the scientific standard as a yard stick.

I guess in his own way, IgnoreTheFacts was trying to get that point across. I know some members feel his comments are overly caustic, but I think he is attempting more to get his point across, than actually trying to upset anybody. And what is his point? I'm not sure, but there seems to be an element of frustration in the dearth of good, solid, quantifiable, UFO incidents, compared to the 'non-events' that appear on here and Youtube, etc.

Unfortunately, that is all to true.

Not that I'm putting the Fernald case in that category, but IgnoreTheFacts foes have a point about the general state of Ufology. We need individuals such as ITF to shake us up.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I couldn't agree more old friend

So glad to see you here.

Things will resolve themselves over here one way or the other today, so I'll give you an update very soon.

Take it easy mate

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
For what it's worth, Ignore the Facts, perhaps you should take a break from these forums. You are becoming quite parrot-like in your responses, and you add absolutely nothing to this discussion. "lol people are stupid, lol it could anything, lol this is a joke of a field and only my brilliant mind can save you lol lol.".. and so on, ad naseum. It gets old fast. If you do not want to DISCUSS UFOs, this is probably the wrong place to hang out.

And in general, think people don't give other human being NEAR enough credit when it comes to sightings. I'm not talking hoaxes, but pure mistakes: they are not often. They usually occur when something out of the ordinary occurs, something people are not used to ever seeing. Flares being dropped, weird shaped balloons, etc. But a security guard who probably has walked around the plant dozens if not hundreds of times, probably is bright enough to know the difference between a plane, a helicopter, the planet Venus, and something really strange he has never seen the like of before.

I KNOW if I had that job, and I were working, walking around the place, I'd be able to identify very quickly, a mundane object and identify it for what it was. If the witness is someone else, suddenly they are inept, stupid people, who probably have difficulty tying their shoes in the morning, and couldn't tell the difference between a kite and an airplane. Heck, I bet most 10 yo kids could identify almost anything in the sky within seconds upon seeing it. People are NOT stupid.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oh great,

a light in the sky.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
oh you people and your UFO's...Why dont you stick to somthing documented and proven oh lets just say for example...The plan to kill half the planets population in the name of saving the planet?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

For what it's worth, Ignore the Facts, perhaps you should take a break from these forums. You are becoming quite parrot-like in your responses, and you add absolutely nothing to this discussion.

First of all, because I am consistent with my postings you call me parrot-like? Who am I parroting?!? I'm consistent, the same as everyone else on here with their opinions. I guess we are all parroting ourselves. I look forward to reading your posts from now on to make sure you never say the same thing more than once.

It's called conviction. We all have it. It's called consistency. We all have it. You want me to change my mind on every thread I post in so as not to sound like a parrot? I would expect you to do the same. You post wishy-washy statements in almost every thread your in, too timid to commit to anything...afraid you will be too polarizing I guess, but I'm not running around calling you a parrot just because your consistent am I?

And yes, I added to this thread. Read my few posts again. I might not have been what YOU wanted to hear, but I added to it. Did your family member work at Fernald? Have you ever met anybody who works there? Have you been there?

Again, sorry I come across like a parrot, but I'd rather remain consistent in my statements than "go with the flow" so people like me. But I assure, when something comes along that blows my skirt up I am always at the ready to eat my hat, trust me. I would like nothing more than to be wrong about everything I spout. But not to the point of relying on ignorance and desire to do so.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join