It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Britain predicted hottest summer for years

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Positive Weather Solutions (PWS) - which employs just five staff at its office in Abergavenny, Mid-Wales - is claiming Britain can bank on a barbecue summer in 2010.

PWS accurately predicted the Big Freeze, said there was a chance of a White Christmas and made a host of other accurate long-term predictions in the last two years, so the odds are on it could be correct.


PWS also predicts the UK's highest ever temperature of 38.5C recorded at Brogdale in Kent, on August 10, 2003, will be smashed in the first half of August.

Temperatures of over 40C have been predicted.

news.sky.com... 415579217?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15579217_Weather%3A_BBQ_Summer_Predicted_for_2010_By_Met_Office_Rival_-_PWS_S ays_Temps_Could_Smash_Records




This is something to look forward to after our worst winter in years!




posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
HHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Double

[edit on 31-3-2010 by GW8UK]



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Same for Michigan last year and they missed it by a mile or kilometer if you wish. Weather is a funny thing and doesn't pay any attention to global warming alarmist.



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Before you get too excited, this if from 24th July 2009:


The Daily Mail

Forecasters are predicting that temperatures will steadily rise over the next few weeks with the possibility of reaching 101F (38.5C) in mid-August.

Jonathan Powell from Positive Weather Solutions said: 'The roller-coaster summer will have another high. When it does arrive, record temperatures may well be achieved.

'At present, the second week of August looks likely to break the warmest-day record for England, and possibly Wales.'





posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I will believe it when I see it, currently it has been snowing for two days in Scotland and before that pissing of rain. This has been the worst winter I have seen in my 30 long years so will take this promise with the usual pinch of salt



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Every year for about 5 years now i have been hearing its is going to be a hot summer!!! And it never seems to come, lol,

Though this year i am hoping that the weather does not get to hot as i now have a husky and he has been loving the cold weather here,



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Before you get too excited, this if from 24th July 2009:


The Daily Mail

Forecasters are predicting that temperatures will steadily rise over the next few weeks with the possibility of reaching 101F (38.5C) in mid-August.

Jonathan Powell from Positive Weather Solutions said: 'The roller-coaster summer will have another high. When it does arrive, record temperatures may well be achieved.

'At present, the second week of August looks likely to break the warmest-day record for England, and possibly Wales.'




well I'm looking out my window now and it looks a bit chilly, so things wanna start warming up soon.

apperntly the forecasts last year of BBQ summer were exaggerated to try and put some cheer in the British phyche. I have no evidencs for this other than hearsay so don't take my word for it.



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'd like to believe this I really would, but a brief look outside my window doesn't fill me with much confidence. It looks like the end of the world outside



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Same as last years 'barbecue summer' and 'mild winter'?

Forgive me if i'm slightly doubtful.

But if true it could mean a bumper summer for the pubs, (we need it after the government screwed us over again), and hopefully it'll be mad hot for Beautiful Days festival.

www.beautifuldays.org...



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Are you sure? Because we had one week of sunshine and now its snowing again up north in large amounts. I am glad to see the sun but I doubt it will last that long.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by The time lord]



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The "powers that be"(or the BBC Weather Centre) need to get their hands on HAARP,sharpish! Then we KNOW we'll have a good summer!



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Positive Weather Solutions (PWS) - which employs just five staff at its office in Abergavenny, Mid-Wales - is claiming Britain can bank on a barbecue summer in 2010.

PWS accurately predicted the Big Freeze, said there was a chance of a White Christmas and made a host of other accurate long-term predictions in the last two years, so the odds are on it could be correct.


PWS also predicts the UK's highest ever temperature of 38.5C recorded at Brogdale in Kent, on August 10, 2003, will be smashed in the first half of August.

Temperatures of over 40C have been predicted.


Haha


The hottest summer that was predicted last year? and the one before that?

I'll believe it when I see it, otherwise I take it as a pinch of salt...



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by asala
 


This is because hot summers are like jam!

As my dear old Mother used to say "Jam yesterday, Jam tomorrow, but never Jam today"

reply to post by LiveForever8
 


So what's new? It always looks like the end of the world in Liverpool


[edit on 31/3/2010 by PuterMan]



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I hate hot weather but, given the track record for any long term forecast for these islands, I'll sleep easy tonight knowing it's going to be unlikely.

I'd actually settle for some definable seasons though, to be honest. Whenever I open my curtains of a morning, it could be any month of the year where I live.



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

apperntly the forecasts last year of BBQ summer were exaggerated to try and put some cheer in the British phyche. I have no evidencs for this other than hearsay so don't take my word for it.


Aye, never been confirmed but many of us suspect that that was the case.


As for this year, well my prediction is that May and June will be the best months for dry, sunny weather. Based entirely on gut feeling (which after many years of amateur forecasting I find is usually at least as accurate as any other method!)



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hope it wont be like 1 hot day, then suddenly the next day it's covered by clouds. And even when it's hot, the sky is still covered. It's annoying being hot, and you can't even enjoy the blue skies lol.



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I hate hot weather but, given the track record for any long term forecast for these islands, I'll sleep easy tonight knowing it's going to be unlikely.

I'd actually settle for some definable seasons though, to be honest. Whenever I open my curtains of a morning, it could be any month of the year where I live.

Come on, clear blue skies, hot half naked women, ice cream, ice cold drinks, summer music, going out and enjoying the sun.

Your saying that ain't better than every day depressing grey skies, making us look like pale grey people, walking around looking half dead from depression and work, people all looking at you all pissed off, and you trying to enjoy your day.

I'd take a hot day any day, because when it's hot you know the people of the UK take every chance they get to enjoy it. Which is better than the usual depressing atmosphere


[edit on 31-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here's a look at the hot Summer of 1976, i remember Hyde Park the Grass turned Yellow

1976 is most remembered for the great drought.

The Summer of 1976 was one of the best summers ever in the UK. London had a record June temperature of 95°F (we thought in Fahrenheit then!). We had a heatwave that went on for weeks and weeks. I can remember the ground cracking and the tar on the road melting. And yes, there was a hosepipe ban; but to a nine year old it seemed a small price to pay!

In some areas people had their water supply turned off for most of the day to conserve water. Hosepipe bans were across the country and even firemen in the New Forest were told not to put out forest fires.
www.retrowow.co.uk...



posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm in the north west of england, not far from the scottish border, and it was snowing last night with gale force winds. Last year our summer happened on a tuesday afternoon, round about 3pm, I remember it well, BBQ and beer on the lawn. Has anyone checked solar activity? sunspots? because unless the sun has a sudden outbreak of teenage acne I don't think we are going to have a warm summer. Here is a current picture of the sun, there is two of the little buggers which are apparently decaying. www.spaceweather.com...



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join