It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls can't drive! GypsK going mobile...watch it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yeah right, BS! Of course they can....

But honestly, this girl can't.

I'm 34 and I don't have a drivers license. In the last 10 years I passed my theoretical exam 4 times and always let it expire because I know I can't drive a car.
My husband tried to teach me several times, each time ending with a lot of shouting, tears... and eventually me getting out of the car, walking home. My dad tried with even less luck... friends tried to teach me.... they concluded that I'm a danger on the road and much to nervous (apparently, when a car comes from the opposite direction, your not supposed to let go of the steering wheel end yell "omg!omg!omg!"... hm, who thought...)
It's the gears. Gears don't work for me. There is just to much to be focused on: the road, the signs, steering, other traffic, etc... the gears are just to much and whenever I stop I can't get it going again.

It's aaaall very funny. I'm actually quite comfortable driving my bike and taking the bus, been doing it that way forever and I don't really mind not being able to drive.
But:

We are moving to the country next summer, where there are no busses and there are no shops within miles... not doable by bike. So I feel a panic coming up and a slight need to become mobile.

Soooooo I been thinking.....
What, if I learned to drive an automatic car, no gears, just need to learn how to hit the breaks in time (right?)
My husband thinks it's a stupid idea and the guy from the driver-school laughs with the idea (no one here drives automatic anymore)
I'm not sure how it works in other countries, but over here in Belgium, when you get a drivers license for an automatic car, you can't drive anything else....which doesn't bother me as long as I'm mobile. It's not really a "want" for me, it's a "need" for my independence.

well anyway, your all warned.
GypsK is going to be on the road real soon... hope you guys have airbags and seatbelts!

[edit on 31/3/2010 by GypsK]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
You sound as bad as me...

I needed glasses at this point and couldn't even see the car in front of me' number plate... yet they let me drive...

First lesson, was brilliant, did me driving and stops etc...

Second lesson however was the worst/last driving lesson I ever took...

I was coming up to the roundabout, and stopped at the correct point... trying to find my biting point... and this MASSIVE 4x4 was behind me reving and beeping... s/he got impatient and zoomed into the next lane and infront of me....
TYPICAL that was the exact point I found my biting point and went into my lane to go round the roundabout...
I see this big monster coming towards me and I close my eyes and push down on the accelerator and turn the wheel....

I heard my driving instructor scream and felt all these bumps underneath the car.... I opened my eyes and I was in the pub garden... with people staring at me like I was insane.
I had actually gone OVER the roundabout, through all the lovely flowers and fences....

OOOOOOoh the shame, put it this way I was told to get out of the car and told to arrange another driving instructor....

I have never been in the drivers seat since and that was 3 years ago!!

Don't worry you will be fine....

x

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Oni x x]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

Aw, that's a nasty experience... I wouldn't get back in a car either. I'm sure, in your case, not many people remember what happened
(right?)
I never had major accidents but I was just sick of people screaming at me all the time and insisting on letting me know that I can't do anything right when it comes to driving.

I'm not sure how old you are, but have you never thought about trying again?

You think I'll be fine? oh..LOL.. I hope so

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
For the sake of all of us, you girls should just stay off the roads.
You should never be issued a drivers permit, but do get a pilot license and fly where you need to go.

There's more room in the air, less to run into, other than the ground.:shk:

Safety first ladies.........

[edit on 1/4/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b1d917f97c0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
sigh ... dogs can't single post.

[edit on 1 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You kill me SD........

All women should get a horse.

IN NO EVENT SHALL THE HORSE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, PROFITS, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, OR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, UNAUTHORIZED USE, PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THE HORSE, EVEN IF THE USER OF THE HORSE HAS BEEN ADVISED PREVIOUSLY OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, UNDER STATUTE, IN EQUITY, AT LAW OR OTHERWISE.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Pffft

ANxiety, some of us chicks are petrol heads, bet I could drag you off at the lights

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Oh God, are you using gasoline for perfume.

I'll race ya, but fair warning, I drive pro....
8 forward, 4 reverse, and a PTO.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Oh I agree...
and if I agree then I should get a chauffeur 'driving miss GypsK' around if she can't drive herself. Hm, think that's a pretty good idea!

As for horses, they don't do as I want either but you really don't wanna hear that story, lol

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

hey Zaz, you come to Belgium and teach this chick how to drive!
I bet you'll do a better job then all the men who tried

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
driving is easy.

It's the other stuff you need to practice while driving-

-talk on the cell phone
-apply mascara
-adjust radio
-flip the bird

and you're good to go!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

lol, I keep that in mind should I start driving

You know, me and my husband got together 13 years ago, he was a collegue who was going to teach me how to drive. We ended up together after the first and last driving lesson.

top topics

join