It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hotspots in NSW AUSTRALIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
looks like more ufo storys are comming to light
check the link out map of NSW with cases from 1868-2010 showing where and what was seen its pretty cool
www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

[edit on 31-3-2010 by CYRAX]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

Cyrax, great thread -it seems there's been quite a few reports from the Gosford area over the years and the Mooney-Mooney Bridge incident still remains unexplained (and is a bit of a freaky one).

The Gosford Incident, Australia-December 30 1995:

Excerpt from Australian Police reporting website:

On Saturday evening December 30 1995, all phones rang hot at Gosford Police Station as motorists called on their mobile phones to report a large craft hovering above Mooney-Mooney Bridge.
Later, dozens of calls flooded in from distressed locals at home.
Station Sergeant Bob Wenning states, “People were woken by an intense humming noise. They were genuinely frightened when they saw a huge cylindrical object hovering over the water. It had a polished, ball-like bottom, and as it hovered over the lake, its lights shone down into the water, apparently turning it in to steam”. Callers also reported a brilliant light which “turned night into day”, shining through their bedroom windows.
Patrol cars were sent out to investigate, but whenever police officers came to within 50 meters of it, or car headlights got close, the craft would turn off its own lights and shoot up skywards, out of sight. One police officer reported that it flew away “as if you had a torch beam and whipped it around.”
Seasonal parties, previously well behaved, suddenly erupted into antisocial behaviour. Residents reported their animals cowered and hid, and many dogs howled for no apparent reason. Car patrols were dispatched from one spot to another as the object moved back and forth over the area.All callers gave the same account of a saucer-shaped craft, 20 to 30 meters across, surrounded by bright white light, and with intense shafts of light that penetrated the foaming water below, or when away from the water, once the shafts of white light were off, underneath was a red glow or flashing red-orange lights.
The event largely died out around dawn at 5am, after Police units had been dispatched on over 35 calls,one officer relating that the evening reminded him of a night of “Moon Madness”, that phenomenon known to police whereby civil unrest increases during the full moon.

"Callers were genuinely frightened."
Sergeant Bob Wenning of the Gosford Police

Link

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
thanks for the info and links one of Australia best cases
heres a link to australias only ufo doco which has many cases including the one you provided pretty good watch
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The very mysterious Lake George in New South Wales ( known to local Aborigines as Weereewa )is notorious for UFO's- It is an ancient Aboriginal sacred site shrouded in myth and mystery.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by destiny-fate]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
does not surprise me the aboriginals would of seen alot of things since they have been in australia for 40,000 years

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

Cyrax - its got some extremely unusual UFO reports in that 'Oz encounters' documentary -thanks for linking that one.

Found this other report from Gosford which also involves an object over the water but is from six years later.

Date: 17.06.2000

Day: Saturday

Time Seen: Friday 16th June between 5.45pm and 6.00pm

Reportee: Alison F

Report given to nearest rep: Doug Moffett

Report:

Alison noticed an illuminated object over the water, hovering low on the horizon. The object had 8 square lights right around, it was football shaped with a white/gold glow and the well defined square lights were brighter than the rest of the object. The proximity estimated was quite close, approx 200-300 mtrs and elevation about a tree and a half above the water. The object was not as big as the Goodyear blimp which was not flying in that area and in fact not even in the air at that time on that day. The illumination made no noise, had no navigation lights, appeared as a “solid” light and no evidence of searchlight beams could be found. The illumination was larger than thumb and forefinger at full stretch at arms length, very large or very close, the witness felt the latter was the case. It was later briefly seen as the witness dropped her parents off to Umina as an illumination in the clouds, there was no beam under the cloud and the moon was visible to the R/H/S of the object although the night was somewhat cloudy.
The duration of the main sighting was approx 10-15 mins and was reported to the witness by a local real estate agent as they were in casual conversation in a shop the next morning, who witnessed the same object at the same timeRegards Doug Moffett

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE AUSTRALIAN UFO RESEARCH NETWORK
Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Let's just hope this doesn't turn out to be a hallucination from too much 'gullible' in the water. There are some who would attribute this to government projects, but I fail to see the reasoning in flying a test aircraft to every corner of the known world. Interesting though, flagged.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
does not surprise me the aboriginals would of seen alot of things since they have been in australia for 40,000 years

Cyrax -here's an interesting Aboriginal account from 1933.

An Aboriginal abduction experience in 1933.

Australian mysteries researcher Rex Gilroy records an intriguing tale allegedly from 1933 that reportedly involved an aboriginal woman in a UFO abduction experience at the isolated locality of Discovery Well, on the northern edge of the Great Sandy Desert, in Western Australia.

The story echoes the tribal legends and traditions of men and women being abducted by "sky gods" or "culture heros" in the dreamtime and the initiation experiences of aboriginal "men of high degree" or shamans.

In Rex Gilroy's account, the aboriginal woman claimed her tribe had been frightened off from Discovery Well when a "large shiny egg" suddenly came down out of the sky. In broad daylight the strange object flew low over them. Several beings, described as strange, grey-skinned and man like, came out of the "egg". The woman said she was "stunned" by an object carried by one of the beings. Her story indicates she was carried aboard . Inside the "egg" the interior was glowing. She was strapped to a shining table and apparently "experimented with". The woman told stockmen of her experience, but perhaps not surprisingly they laughed at her.

AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINAL CULTURE AND POSSIBLE UFO CONNECTIONS

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Crap...another UFO "hotspot" where, if history serves, there will be no evidence that is worth a damn...especially given that it is a "hotspot".

Call me when a "hotspot" actually produces something that turns us on our heads. And I'm not talking cases like Gulf Breeze, Stephensville, etc.

I am patiently waiting for the UFO investigator who is smart enough to put money aside from their book sales, television gigs and convention appearances to jump on a "hotspot" and produce evidence that will make their careers. I wonder why this hasn't happened yet? And why hasn't some enterprising local media outlet in this day and age produced something from a "hotspot" area of UFO sightings that blows our skirts up? I'm sure hey can bump the story of a fireman getting a cat out of a tree for something that is as large as this story could be, provided they get something of importance to actually report on and not some youtube video of lights in the sky. Hell, it could make someone's career for crying out loud. Odd.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

ITF, if we put your subjective ranting aside for one moment - what do you think the object involved in the Gosford incident actualy was?

Cheers.

P.S. Puerto Rico is also a bit of a hotspot.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl 12

I agree.....

That Gosford incident is very puzzlesome & therefore very interesting.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hey bud, there's a thread about the incident here and, although there's a lot of speculation, I don't think anyone came up with any plausible prosaic explanations.

Carl Feindt is probably the best researcher when it comes to this aspect of the UFO phenomenon and he makes some interesting points below about 'water columns':

Water Columns.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbcea42e9987.jpg[/atsimg]

The witness describes a column of fog, mist, haze or water ascending from the surface of the water, up to the craft. The terminology generally used in the description of the observation is “sucking up water”. This column, I believe, is caused by the rotation of a field in a vertical plane that encompasses the UFO.

Link

He also briefly mentions them in this presentation (see 0:40):

Full Interview

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl 12.....

Thanks

I haven't read that thread or watched that video.....but I will during the weekend.

There's been a few interesting sightings up there.

I recall there's also been a few hoaxes up on the central coast of NSW (as it's called).

However, the hoaxes were quite obvious ones (kites with lights on them, etc...)

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is why au citizens are reporting what they are reporting and yes they will be more frequent than usual.

Defence is unable to say how much an upgrade of the secretive Pine Gap spy base near Alice Springs will cost.

In a short statement, the department said "upgrades to the antenna farm at the Joint Defence Facility Pine Gap are expected to commence in May 2010".

news.theage.com.au...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Welcome back to ATS CYRAX.
Looks like Sydney and NSW AU has some UFO activity.
I remember you had Chemtrail photos, take a look at this gem:

Suspect this strange craft has been developed from the Tesla Dirigible Torpedo
perhaps built with funds from John Jacob Astor years ago.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Good stuff guys...

I just happened to be listening to Bill Chalker on the Paracast when I saw this thread. Some interesting Australian close encounter cases discussed...

www.theparacast.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

TeslaandLyne.....

Not withstanding I don't quite see the link with NSW "UFO hotspots".....

I'm sure DepthOfField demonstrated that could be a plane reflecting the sun at an unusual angle.

He posted a series of pictures showing how ordinary planes can take on bizzarre appearances as the angle of illumination & angle of viewing changed.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
karl 12

I agree.....

That Gosford incident is very puzzlesome & therefore very interesting.

I agree with both of you about the Gosford case, it is puzzling.

While I don't know what it was, I do have a question about the case, maybe you know something I don't.

I can understand UFO sightings out in the wilderness, or on a stretch of highway where someone sees a UFO and gets no pictures, but in the Gosford case, some of these witnesses watched the event from INSIDE THEIR HOMES, right? So, how can they not walk back to the bedroom and get their camera if they're at home, and take a picture?

Now I'm not saying that because there are no pictures, nothing happened, I'm sure something happened. But it just seems mighty odd to me that there are no pictures, or are there? Or maybe unreleased photos that the public doesn't know about? Anyway it would be nice to have some pictures of that case.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arbitrageur.....

That UFO supposedly crossed a major road & bridge (I've driven through there many times & then supposedly hovered over a lake that is looked down upon from many houses on the hillside.

Many witnesses attest to this.

Yet.....there are no photos that we know of.

It's typical of this extremely frustrating subject matter.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

But in the Gosford case, some of these witnesses watched the event from INSIDE THEIR HOMES, right? So, how can they not walk back to the bedroom and get their camera if they're at home, and take a picture?

This is a really valid point and one I have pondered myself and going back over the Gosford video the reason came to me. A few years ago one of my neighbours came over and warned me she had just seen a huge brown snake slither into my garden - she told me she had contacted National parks and wildlife and that they were on there way. I watched the snake from the back window until the guys from National parks and wildlife got there - why ? Because the snake was a potential threat and I needed the reassurance it was no longer anywhere near my house.

Why would it be any different for people watching the scenes they described in the Gosford case ? It's just human instinct to wanna keep your eye on a potential threat and there is also the excitement factor - you might miss all the action running around looking for a camera ? I mean the police officer mentioned people ringing in that were clearly terrified = kids crying - dogs barking - last thing on my mind would be getting a picture - my thoughts would be running more along the lines - God I don't know what I am going to do if that thing starts heading towards me ? And lets face it even if there was photographic evidence - it would be torn to shreds by skeptics anyway. ( It's all a conspiracy I tell ya )

[edit on 3-4-2010 by destiny-fate]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join