It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes may contain pig blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

www.news.com.au

* Cigarettes may contain blood - research
* "Insight into world of cigarette manufacture"
* Likely to raise concerns for Muslims, Jews

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
wow i can not believe this i wonder what else there hiding.and i wonder now if the jewish/muslim smokers will stop now? since pork is a big no no, "University of Sydney Professor in Public Health Simon Chapman points to recent Dutch research which identified 185 different industrial uses of a pig - including the use of its haemoglobin in cigarette filters." i will try and get a list of the 185 other uses of pig.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
i found a few here you are
1 Chemical weapons testing: Because of the pig's similarity to human tissue

2 Ice cream: Gelatine regulates the sugar crystallisation and slows down the melting process

3 Fertiliser: Made from processed pig hair

4 Low fat butter: Gelatine used for texture

5 Beer: Gelatine used as a clarifying agent. Reacts with bitter substances and tannins to absorb cloudy elements, leaving clear drinks

6 Fabric softener: Fatty acids from bone fat give colour 7 Paint brush: Made from pig hair

8 Fruit juice: Gelatine absorbs cloudy elements to give clear drinks

9 Shampoo: Fatty acids from bone fat are used to give them a pearl-like appearance

10 Candle: Fatty acids from bone fat are used to stiffen the wax and raise the candle's melting point

11 Bread: Protein from pig hair is used to soften dough

12 Bullet: Bone gelatine used to help transport the gunpowder or cordite into the casing

13 Medicine tablets: Gelatine is used in the shell to give it hardness

14 Washing powder: Fatty acids from bone fat harden the substance

15 Paint: Fatty acids from bone fat increase gloss

16 Tambourine tambourine (tăm'bərēn`), musical instrument of the percussion family, having a narrow circular frame and a single parchment drumhead, with metal plates or jingles set in the frame. : Made from the pig's bladder

17 Wine: Gelatine absorbs cloudy elements to give clear drinks

18 Paper: Bone gelatine is used to improve stiffness and reduce moisture

19 Heparin: Used to stop the formation of blood clots, it is taken from the mucus in the intestines

20 Soap: Fatty acids from bone fat act as a hardening agent and give colour

21 Corks: Bone gelatine is used as a binder

22 Insulin: Taken from the pancreas, as closest to human in chemical structure

23 Yoghurt: Pig bone calcium is used in some yoghurts

24 Cigarettes: Haemoglobin from the blood used in cigarette filters to create an artificial lung that supposedly lessens harmful chemicals reaching the smoker

25 Photographic film: Bone gelatine acts as a bonding agent on the film sheet

26 Dog food treat: Haemoglobin used as a red colouring agent

27 Photodynamic therapy photodynamic therapy
n.
A type of phototherapy in which a nontoxic light-sensitive compound that has been injected into a patient is exposed selectively to light, whereupon it becomes toxic to targeted malignant and other diseased cells.
..... Click the link for more information.: Haemoglobin used in drug to treat retina decay in the eye. Drug is activated by shining laser into eye

28 Moisturisers: Fatty acids from bone fat used

29 Dog snack: Deep fried pig nose

30 Crayons: Fatty acids are used as a hardening agent

31 Shoes: Bone glue is used to improve the texture and quality of the leather

32 Train brakes: Bone ash used in production

33 Toothpaste: Glycerine from bone fat is used to give toothpaste texture

34 Hide glue: A strong glue used in the woodworking industry derived from collagen

35 Face mask Face mask
The simplest way of delivering a high level of oxygen to patients with ARDS or other low-oxygen conditions.

Mentioned in: Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome : With collagen to help reduce wrinkles and lines

36 Alternative energy: Waste products used as fuel to produce electricity

37 Energy bar: Treated collagen is cheap source of protein for body builders

38 Cream cheese: Gelatine used to make it stable

39 Whipped cream: Gelatine gives texture

40 Sweets: Porcine porcine /por·cine/ (por´sin) pertaining to swine.
porcine

pertaining to pig. See also hog (1), swine.

porcine circovirus 1
a nonpathogenic virus. gelatine used as a binding and gelling agent and to ensure the right texture is found in the following: liquorice, wine gums, chewing gum

CX

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I can understand the worry for muslims if there is pig blood in cigs, but to be honest, do a search for what else is in cigarettes and you'll see that pig blood is that last of your worries.

CX.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for that list, but honestly it rather disgusted me.

If we could get over our lust for dead animal flesh, we wouldn't need to worry about what to do with all the nasty parts of the animal.

Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

You've forgotten black pudding...it contains pig blood!

Oh Noooo

A lot of what you've listed contains Bovine derived gelatin, not exclusively or necessarily porcine gelatin.

Jelly sweets (candy) contain bovine or cow gelatin.

Jelly (jello?) does too.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
my cheesy bacon pasta bake contains pig!
if my cigarettes do to, that's more bacon for me!

hooray for bacon!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
im trying to find the list the dutch researchers came up with the 185 industrial uses with no luck

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
*yawn* There is plenty of pig blood in the pork chops, bacon, bangers and other delicious pork products that I consume with huge enjoyment.

At least a cannibal muslim fanatic wouldn't consider me a meal.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
*yawn* There is plenty of pig blood in the pork chops, bacon, bangers and other delicious pork products that I consume with huge enjoyment.

At least a cannibal muslim fanatic wouldn't consider me a meal.

thanks for the info

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Awesome - and who's to say that using animals for products is a bad thing. Imagine a world without cigs, ice cream and tambourines...

Good old trusty pigs.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

too true... if we wern't mowing through pigs like i do my yard, swine flu might actually be a pandemic...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by mr-lizard

too true... if we wern't mowing through pigs like i do my yard, swine flu might actually be a pandemic...

Funnily enough - my cousin caught swine flu and was ill for a short while. The first thing she did when she got better?

Ate a bacon sandwich (as some form of fitting revenge).

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Yep. I have truly heard it all, now. I'm actually eating pork rinds right now. After I've consumed all that I want to, I'm going to light up another Marlboro red. I don't care. I love pork, I love cigs and I love pigs that smoke cigs.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I would seriously like to think that jews and muslims believe that their smoking has condemned them to hell.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

Have you looked to see what goes into hot dogs and commercial beef patties?

At least with my smoke... I am burning it to ashes and not eating it, lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow, that is truly disgusting!
I steer clear of pork and pig products as much as possible, but now pig seems nigh unavoidable... unless I don't shampoo my hair. Guess it's time to rock the dread's!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
funny story actually, me and a few friends were out in the city and went to a really inviting restaurant, amongst us was my friends new boyfriend, really cool guy, funny too and had alot of experiences and interesting stories. we all started talking and one thing led to another and we started discussing religion in a friendly and open minded manner. hes a christian and he said that he quit eating anything that comes from pigs. so he was asked why? he said "that in his job he encounters alot of people that have been burnt, and the smell of human flesh burning is exactly like that of bacon". he stopped eating it a long time ago...

on the other hand it is good to get used to it in case theres no food and only humans. it'll make it easier to munch man flesh!

new topics

top topics

join