It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says sanctions on Iran to come in weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Obama says sanctions on Iran to come in weeks

news.xinhuanet.com

U.S. President Barack Obama said on Tuesday at a joint press conference with his French counterpart Nicolas Sarkozy that he expects sanctions on Iran will come in weeks instead of months.

"My hope is that we are going to get this done this spring," Obama said, adding "I'm interested in seeing that regime in place in weeks."

Obama admitted that a consensus has not been achieved among major powers, but he said the U.S. is working very hard to get the sanctions in effect.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
"The time has come to take decisions. Iran cannot continue its mad race," visiting French President Sarkozy said at the press conference, voicing clear support for Obama.

The U.S. and its Western allies have long been accusing Iran of secretly developing nuclear weapons under the guise of a civilian program, and are pressing for a UN resolution to impose new sanctions.

"My hope is that we are going to get this done this spring," Obama said, adding "I'm interested in seeing that regime in place in weeks."

Meanwhile:

Iran has denied the accusation and stressed its nuclear program is solely for peaceful purposes.

Makes you wonder how making nukes is somehow a peaceful purpose!

WASHINGTON, March 30 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama said on Tuesday at a joint press conference with his French counterpart Nicolas Sarkozy that he expects sanctions on Iran will come in weeks instead of months.

"My hope is that we are going to get this done this spring," Obama said, adding "I'm interested in

Sounds like another one of Obama's campaign promises never to be delivered!

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31/3/10 by plumranch]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

Makes you wonder how making nukes is somehow a peaceful purpose!

Makes you wonder why the US has to meddle in a sovereign country´s businesses.
Especially if its one of the few with a #load of nukes themselves.
Hypocrisy a la US.
Get out of the middle east and let them deal their own problems.
Stop acting like "you guys" own the world and dictate terms.

If the Iranian people are dissatisfied with their actual government, they´ll revolt and overthrow their leaders, no need for foreign powers to "help" with the process.

This sanctions would only wage war against the innocent iranian people and not the regime

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

You're right of course, but some people just like seeing kids starve and die of common diseases, so long as those kids are Muslim.

Just ask Madeline Albright.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is actually quite big news. This will be the last diplomatic throw of the dice, and if the Security Council fails to agree on tough sanctions within the next few weeks Israel will pull the trigger. That's what I'm sure was discussed when Netanyahu visited Obama recently, and was discussed when Obama called the other Council members as soon as Netanyahu left.

If the Security Council actually manages to come together and pass some sanctions then Israel will most likely hold off for a while to see what happens. I'm sure Obama has made that clear to everybody!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So this is the last step before Mr "Nobel Peace Prize Winner" and his Zionist pals lead another coalition of the willing on another "just" war

And Sarkozy shouldn't be President of France...That philandering idiot should be swapping stories and techniques over a few bottles of Bordeaux with Tiger Woods

[edit on 31/3/2010 by Retrovertigo]

[edit on 31/3/2010 by Retrovertigo]

new topics

top topics

join