It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Veteran Talks: 'No Aliens' ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
nwsource by Erik Lacitis - After nearly five decades, guys like James Noce finally get to tell their stories about Area 51.

Yes, that Area 51.

The one that gets brought up when people talk about secret Air Force projects, crashed UFOs, alien bodies and, of course, conspiracies.

The secrets, some of them, have been declassified.

Noce, 72, and his fellow Area 51 veterans around the country now are free to talk about doing contract work for the CIA in the 1960s and '70s at the arid, isolated Southern Nevada government testing site.

Their stories shed some light on a site shrouded in mystery; classified projects still are going on there. It's not a big leap from warding off the curious 40 or 50 years ago, to warding off the curious who now make the drive to Area 51.

The veterans' stories provide a glimpse of real-life government covert operations, with their everyday routines and moments of excitement.

Noce didn't seek out publicity. But when contacted, he was glad to tell what it was like.

"I was sworn to secrecy for 47 years. I couldn't talk about it," he says.
naturalplane.blogspot.com... onstersAPersonalJourney+%28Phantoms+and+Monsters%29

Stories about aliens

About the aliens.

Noce and Barnes say they never saw anything connected to UFOs.

Barnes believes the Air Force and the "Agency" didn't mind the stories about alien spacecraft. They helped cover up the secret planes that were being tested.

On one occasion, he remembers, when the first jets were being tested at what Muroc Army Air Field, later renamed Edwards Air Force Base, a test pilot put on a gorilla mask and flew upside down beside a private pilot.

"Well, when this guy went back, telling reporters, 'I saw a plane that didn't have a propeller and being flown by a monkey,' well, they laughed at this guy — and it got where the guys would see [test pilots] and they didn't dare report it because everybody'd laugh at them," says Barnes.

Noce says he quite liked working at Area 51.

He got paid $1,000 a month (about $7,200 in today's dollars). Weekdays he lived for free at the base in admittedly utilitarian housing — five men assigned to a one-story house, sharing a kitchen and bathroom.

Something that all Area 51 vets remember about living at the base, he says, was the great food.

"They had these cooks come up from Vegas. They were like regular chefs," Noce remembers. "Day or night, you could get a steak, whatever you wanted."

Lobster was flown in regularly from Maine. A jet, sent across the country to test its engines, would bring back the succulent payload.

On weekends, Noce and other contracted CIA guys would drive to Las Vegas.

They rented a pad, and in the patio plumbed in a bar with storage for two kegs of beer. It was a great time, barbecuing steaks and having parties, Noce says.

Noce has two pieces of proof from his Area 51 days: faded black-and-white snapshots taken surreptitiously.

One shows him in 1962 in front of his housing unit at Area 51. The other shows him in front of what he says is one of two F-105 Thunderchiefs whose Air Force pilots overflew Area 51 out of curiosity. The pilots were forced to land and were told that a no-fly zone meant just that.

Noce worked at Area 51 from early 1962 to late 1965. He returned to Vancouver and spent most of his working life as a longshoreman.

Noce remembers once in recent years talking with fellow retired longshoreman pals and telling them stories about Area 51. When they didn't believe him, he says, "Well, there was nothing I could do to prove anything."

Collecting memories

Mary Pelevsky, a University of Nevada visiting scholar, headed the school's Nevada Test Site Oral History Project from 2003 to 2008. Some 150 people were interviewed about their experiences during Cold War nuclear testing. Area 51 vets such as Barnes also were interviewed.

The historian says it was difficult to verify stories because of secrecy at the time, cover stories, memory lapses and — sometimes — misrepresentations.

But, she says, "I've heard this cloak-and-dagger stuff, and you say, 'No way.' Then you hear enough and begin to realize some of these stories are true."

In October, Noce and his son, Chris, of Colorado, drove to Las Vegas for that first public reunion of the Area 51 vets. He and his old buddies remembered the days.

"I was doing something for the country," Noce says about those three years in the 1960s. "They told me, 'If anything should ever come up, anyone asks, 'Did you work for the CIA?' Say, 'Never heard of them.' But [my buddies] know."

Area 51 Veteran Talks: 'No Aliens'

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Dear DCDAVECLARKE

So here we are then conclusive proof there are no Aliens at Area 51 for a man that worked there.

A man that went on in latter life to become a longshoreman top of his field.

So we can totally rap up ATS there is no need for it anymore.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Oh dear oh dear

This longshoreman would definately have been breifed on UFO's he was high status.

Give me a break already!!

Area 51 can suck my digit

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Government and government facilities are compartmentalized, entirely possible that someone worked there for three years and never saw highly classified technology. Need something more, thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
One man claims he worked at area 51 and tells you what you want to hear, you believe every word of it. Another man comes and tells you what you dont want to hear, you dont believe it. Jeez.

Yeah its compartmentalised but people never even bother to consider all the psychological warfare behind believing in aliens and their reasons for doing so... surely they knew that calling in a reporter and then sending him back would seem suspicious? Obviously. Confirmation then denial. Easiest way to influence belief.

Was probably to cover up that they were using nazi or stolen Nikola Tesla equipment or something... that would cause an uproar, why dont we get the benefit of this technology? But if its implied its aliens, people are afraid that what we dont understand shouldnt be messed with so much...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
How many threads do we have to have on this topic...I've seen 3...maybe I might start one

Lines

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

To be honest, this is absolutely no different from someone coming forward and telling us he worked at Area 51 and the place is full of aliens; you wouldn't believe it because its not what you want to hear. This man comes forward and says he didn't see (pretty sure he didn't say there definitely aren't) any aliens, and you believe it outright, because it IS what you want to hear.

As usual, there is no particular reason to believe or disbelieve him. As usual, there's no real way of knowing the truth, except to work there for yourself; though even then, the truth may be a long way out of reach.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I totally agree with the posters who have pointed out that this is not persuasive evidence that there is no alien technology at Area 51. All it would prove, if absolutely everything he said was true to the best of his knowledge, would be that not everyone who works at a top secret base has access to everything on that base--which is hardly shocking.

That said, it was still an interesting read for me. I was particularly interested by the admission that disinformation (in the form of a gorilla mask and an experimental jet) was actively being disseminated. Disseminated, if I might add, in a highly amusing way.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Why should we trust that he worked there?

I dont believe his story.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I pretty much heard the same thing from someone that I worked with once who was retired from the skunk works. Lots of top-secret planes, no extraterrestrial stuff. Many of the guys who worked out there paid the price with serious health problems later in life. The one older gentleman that I talked with had burned his lungs to a crisp from exposure to chemicals that they were using back then to paint the ray domes and aircraft fuselages. Of course he only mentioned stuff that he worked on that has since been declassified such as the E-3 AWACS etc…

I also knew a C-141 loadmaster, from the airport where I used to work, who had flown into there several times to deliver supplies. Again, he did not divulge anything he was not supposed to, but simply stated that the UFO stuff about there is a bunch of hype.

The story above sounds much more believable in my opinion then 99.9% of the other stories that I hear about places like Area 51.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I think you will find that this topic has been covered here:

Area 51 vets break silence
Area 51 vets break silence: Sorry, but no space aliens or UFOs
Area 51 vets break silence: Sorry, but no space aliens

Search is my friend, is it yours?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I did search with the title, and nothing!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I pretty much heard the same thing from someone that I worked with once who was retired from the skunk works. Lots of top-secret planes, no extraterrestrial stuff. Many of the guys who worked out there paid the price with serious health problems later in life. The one older gentleman that I talked with had burned his lungs to a crisp from exposure to chemicals that they were using back then to paint the ray domes and aircraft fuselages. Of course he only mentioned stuff that he worked on that has since been declassified such as the E-3 AWACS etc…

I also knew a C-141 loadmaster, from the airport where I used to work, who had flown into there several times to deliver supplies. Again, he did not divulge anything he was not supposed to, but simply stated that the UFO stuff about there is a bunch of hype.

The story above sounds much more believable in my opinion then 99.9% of the other stories that I hear about places like Area 51.

He has to protect the secerts of course no one is a fool if he or she try to break that secret, i mean come on a friend of a mine friend told me theres no alien tech in area 51?

If you really believe that stuff about aliens and ufos is nothing but hype, then tell me

Why the secrecy around the base? if theres no alien tech there why secrecy?

shouldnt the base be more like a normal base then if they dont have the tech?

Think about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'm not giving an opinion either way, but just because there is secrecy does not mean there are aliens/alien technology. If they were developing new weapons, fighters, etc, then it would still be secret. Look at the Manhatten Project, and the secrecy involved in that. Secrecy does not always equal aliens. Though it may very well do sometimes

[edit on 31-3-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I love the part about he worked at a grocery store and got a call from a friend that knew he had a security clearance. Then wanted to know if he wanted job at area 51.
That's not the way it works....and yes I work with a guy that really was offered a job there. He turned it down; He does not like the desert.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This is true. A relative of mine was a construction worker who was hired out there. He died of cancer but said the same thing, there is nothing there.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Dear ItsAgentScully

Now let’s see, we have a base that for decades they did not even admit to having. On the outside of which it says one step further and they will shoot you.

Now we get a construction worker that says there is nothing there.

Maybe the sand is special and top secret???

Do you think the Russians and the Chinese do not know what is there??

They have thousands of workers there all saying nothing to this day. Costing the US tax payer a fortune.

They sure as HELL have something there, what is another matter

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

darn, no green men

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Well it certainly isn't alien. This was back in the 70's maybe 60's so i know nothing about todays going-ons. All that he saw was nuclear testing and spy plane projects. I think the alien theory is a way to make the place known to the public yet secret at the same time

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Dear ItsAgentScully

It was only after a compensation court case in the 90’s I think that they actually admitted that they had a base there.

This place before then was not just secret with heave security it did not enter on the books, yet they are in power even today to kill.

The last know project an aircraft to come out of there was in 1976 I think I heard the other day.

So what may I ask are the thousands of workers doing there now? I am not American however if I was I would be so pissed that my money is being spent and not have the slightest clue as to what on and why.

Come citizens of the US demand to know where your cash is going.

What really piss me off is that the Russians and the Chinese’s governments know all about it.

Why do I say that because they would move heaven and earth till they found out.

Don’t you say, A government of the people FOR the people or something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join