It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by impaired

anyone could put together a crap list like this

1: You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, and feel outraged when someone tells you there is a god

2: You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when christians say that people were created by god, but you have no problem with the darwin saying you evolved from an yet to be discovered human/ape common ancestor.

3: You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem with believing in theories that have not been prooven.

4: Your face turns purple when you hear of the atrocities attributed to religion, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how Stalin slaughtered millions in russia and when Pol Pot had entire killing fields.

5: You laugh at religious beliefs, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem in believing that life just happened.

6: You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the in religius texts, prooving that you are determined to devote large chunks of time to something you do not even believe in.

7: You believe that the entire population of this planet, with the exception of those who share your beliefs - are stupid.

8: While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have a prooven track record of just being a long history of corrected mistakes, you know they are correct right now.

9: You spend more time talking about jesus and the bible than most christians.

10: You actually know a lot less than many people do about religion in general because you think that religion= juedochristian religions only.

Ummm.....................

You didn't put this together.

You just switched words.

I see your work, though!

And for the record, I don't believe in Evolution 100%. Long story.

But yeah, I can see I got under your skin with this one. Religious are we?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A person that is a true athiest knows in 99.9 % of the time more of any scripture than anyone that follows it.

This is because they studied and learned as much as there is to learn about god/s. This knowledge is necessarry because if you did not studied the subject you can not say I do not believe because everything I learned makes me realise it's not possible. Proof is necessarry when there is no faith. Anyone else is just ignorant and in denial of things he knows nothing about.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Quick question: What happens if I am a "questioning Christian"? What if I believe what I believe is true, not just because a book tells me to, but because I know for fact that what I believe is true, after life experience, research, etc? That kind of shatters those statements.
What if I'm a Christian, but I don't agree with any of those ten statements?
Kind of switches things up, hey?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

How do you have a "civilized discussion" when your goal is the elimination of a religion subscribed too by a third of the planets population?

There is nothing unique being presented here. No new argument(s). This is not about a conspiracy within the religion. Its just an attack.

I'd prefer that you just say it outright. You think we are all nuts and that Christianity is fake. How hard is that? No harm, no foul. Or, do you see yourself as a person trying to save us from ourselves and think you can get us to stop believing based on arguments that have been repeated a seemingly infinite number of times?

Do you have any "Conspiracies in Religions" you would like to discuss and proof of your position? That, I think, is the purpose of this forum; hence the name of this forum. It is not named the "bash your favorite religion for fun" forum.

Prove Christ did not exist. Prove there is no God. Perhaps you can save us all.

You probably (notice how I said PROBABLY to be careful) think that believing in Aliens in crazy.

Read my posts. I said I believe Christ existed - a great man (from how the bible tells it).

I believe in God - NOT YOUR GOD. And it's not set in stone as far as my god's attributes, given that some new knowledge comes along and changes my perception.

But with most people of organized religions, their belief system must NOT change! Tell me I'm wrong!

I am AGNOSTIC - The lonely position of neutral.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I doubt that many atheists have really read the Bible with an effort to truly understand what is being said. Indeed tell the atheists to read my posting on Daniel 9 prophecy (belowtopsecret) and refute it. This is a challenge to all atheists.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
Quick question: What happens if I am a "questioning Christian"? What if I believe what I believe is true, not just because a book tells me to, but because I know for fact that what I believe is true, after life experience, research, etc? That kind of shatters those statements.
What if I'm a Christian, but I don't agree with any of those ten statements?
Kind of switches things up, hey?

Good for you?

If it works for you, awesome, dude. But I see it all in a different way.

There is no way that Jehova is the creator of everything. If he created the universe, then damn...

An egotistical, JEALOUS (of other "gods"!) entity that created it all. Great. We are all doomed.

But like I said, if it works for you, cool.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
A person that is a true athiest knows in 99.9 % of the time more of any scripture than anyone that follows it.

This is because they studied and learned as much as there is to learn about god/s. This knowledge is necessarry because if you did not studied the subject you can not say I do not believe because everything I learned makes me realise it's not possible. Proof is necessarry when there is no faith. Anyone else is just ignorant and in denial of things he knows nothing about.

Very true! We are not Agnostic or Atheist for no reason!

Jeez!

Thanks for posting that!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Good for you?

There is no way that Jehova is the creator of everything. If he created the universe, then damn...

An egotistical, JEALOUS (of other "gods"!) entity that created it all. Great. We are all doomed.

Thanks, but I don't see why god being "jealous" renders us all "doomed"? In fact, in my personal opinion, it adds a whole romantic (literary sense) aspect to the whole "relationship with Christ" concept.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

anyone could put together a crap list like this

zaiger, right on. I wish i could give you 100 stars, i was going to basically do the same thing, you beat me to it, and you did it far better then i could.

Oh well, people are going to believe or disbelieve as they will, that cute little top 10 list isn't going to change any minds, it's only purpose is to stereotype and get attention. Which, it seems to be succeeding in, so applause for that

[edit on 31-3-2010 by elcapitano75]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It is amzaing how some of these so called christians claimed they stopped being a christian when the bible is supposed to be a book based on faith which it clearly states.This means that you cannot disprove or prove everything in the bible.It seems atheist cannot understand the difference between a theory based on what they observe and actual true fact of what they observe.Why there is so much dishonesty with religion and atheism and evolution.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Jobeycool]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yak Yak Yak..... I have had Christianity shoved down my throat my entire life but I've never bought it.

FACT!

No organized religion has got it right.

You're all damning yourselves by believing in bull#!

The truth should be obvious and you're all ignoring it!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

Good for you?

Thanks, but I don't see why god being "jealous" renders us all "doomed"? In fact, in my personal opinion, it adds a whole romantic (literary sense) aspect to the whole "relationship with Christ" concept.

How can an all knowing, perfect god be jealous and egotistical? It is a direct contradiction.

Also, something that people fail to realize is that Christianity is not the only religion. There were religions before and after. They each make the same threats about hell.

The whole faith thing is a mind-trap, or mind-trip. Have faith, which literally throws all sense of reasoning and logic out the window. It's literally subjugation, and I don't know how some can't see that.

Sorry for the tangent over there.

So yeah, I believe Jehova existed. I don't think he was the only "god". There were others, and Christianity and Islam fail to acknowledge that.

And I already mentioned what I think all "gods" to be.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

Oh I'm over it, I was stating by saying that you where now judging you where in fact committing the very sin you where flaming.

Only God can judge. You have no right.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I usually don't reply, just read all the dumb things people come up with, but this one I had to reply. This entire thread is based on how "we are right and you are wrong" from the perspective of an athiest. Therefore, although this SHOULD be against creationists, lets be honest, this is an attack on Christians and their faith, as shown in the title. This is what gets me, the attack is under the claim that Christains are against everyone else, and that we think everyone else is dumb, evil, etc. yet you are the one who has a made a post in an attempt to bring everyone together against us. Say what you will, you live in your own religion, one that opposes anyone who has something to live and die for.. this will always be an issue, Christians will always be persicuted, (my fellow believers know this, its just the prophecys coming true) might as well just ignore the ones who band together against us and live our lives. I mean just think, one day when the truth comes out.. if we are right, we go to heaven and they go to hell. If they are right, well its no big deal we all just die

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Supposedly it's jesus who saves. Either jesus was the son of god or he was just a prophet with a gift from god.

Who knows...I don't study these things since they obviously make no sense and seriously contradict one another. I don't have time to read 1 billion different things that make no sense at all.

I'm sure WE ALL would love the "God honest truth" Wouldn't we...oh jesus or god....or whatever even exists anymore.

People cannot even be trusted anymore since they wrote all these things. Seriously we all need help - Anyone who denies help is delusional.

What's with holy water being thrown in your face and magically curing you "AS SEEN ON TV" Any well educated christian mind to elaborate please.

It's just everyone says "JESUS WAS GOD" what is what anymore...come on folks

I mean was he seriously god in human form and then killed? That's seriously F'ED up then...and i would never forgive someone for killing a person who healed...That's so sick. Jesus told the jews he was "Son of god" they did not believe and killed him? WTH is that all about...how can you disprove someone's word

Jesus was the only man who went around healing and they killed the poor guy? That's seriously messed up in my book...that's really something i consider "unforgivable"

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Kingdom of darkness]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Cannot get an atheist to understand that paranormal stuff is absolutely real.They do the religious BS with you.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I heard a saying the other day which seemed to clear up a lot of this kind of debate for both sides if accepted and it is:

Who is man to speak for god?

And I think that sums up all the falsifications in the details.

Until God (whoever and whatever it or he/she is) lets me know he's got a guy he's in direct contact with I remain neutral. It will be a lot easier for God to convince me he's got a diplomat than a guy claiming hes god's speaker...

Anywho, just my 2 cents.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

This is silly. You might want to cite something other than your belief, as not only is this horrendously wrong, but insulting. Though, it does raise the point Atheism must amount to a belief, as I am afraid you don't have the time to study even one religion thoroughly, never mind the thousands that exist.

Add to that all the realms of science, and all you have is a man that is acting on belief, and a rather ill informed belief considering the scope of what he does not know, just like anyone else.

Fundamentalism is fundamentalism no matter who it infects.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

How can an all knowing, perfect god be jealous and egotistical? It is a direct contradiction.

Also, something that people fail to realize is that Christianity is not the only religion. There were religions before and after. They each make the same threats about hell.

The whole faith thing is a mind-trap, or mind-trip. Have faith, which literally throws all sense of reasoning and logic out the window. It's literally subjugation, and I don't know how some can't see that.

Sorry for the tangent over there.

So yeah, I believe Jehova existed. I don't think he was the only "god". There were others, and Christianity and Islam fail to acknowledge that.

And I already mentioned what I think all "gods" to be.

Fair enough, however, this is where I would have to disagree. Upon finding firm grounding within my faith, I see no reason what-so-ever that my faith and the words found within the Bible are illogical. In fact, when you take the literal translation from Hebrew, and pair it with the context of the situation, there is nothing contradictory or illogical about the bible itself.

The main issue is when Christians spew verses and "rules" to the rest of the masses without knowing the true interpretation of God's word. When proper research is done, the bible makes as much sense as a well written textbook.

The bible is like any other historical document in a certain aspect, whereas proper research is encouraged and should be done. I believe in my God and the bible with my whole heart, but the logic to back it up makes it all the more reasonable for me to believe!

[edit on 033131p://333 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

the first adamic race is not human. they are males and females, created in the image of the gods (et.al, cloned), and together they are called adam. no eve yet.

Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
We were created in his image in a spiritual fashion. God is a collective of seven spirits just as we are a collection of emotions (spirits) which make us who we are.

Revelation 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join