It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Those "ten signs" are actually very rhetorical and rather weak, though there are a few good points. To me there's only ONE sign that points to not only an unquestioning Christian, but outright collective psychosis (in the religious sense). It is this: An alleged Single Creator of the entire infinite, incomprehensible universe happens to have an alleged ONLY Begotten Son born right here on this planet in the dark (emphasize DARK especially when referring to human "civilization" at least as we know it) outer rim hinterlands, the Bumf#*^ Egypt of a nondescript galaxy among apparently infinite galaxies. HELLOOOOOO???!!! What are the stinkin' ODDS of that being true?! THINK!!!! Christianity is just another expression of humans believing they're the center of the universe. It's really no different now than in Galileo's time.

That's not even getting into the VERY serious moral problem of one believing one's sins are bought and paid for by a hideously gory torture session of a blood sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

sorry wylekat........

you "quoted" the wrong person.......

I absolutely despise christianity and if I was Nero or constantine, I would kill all people that believed in it..........well, if I was told by god to do that I would....as in the verse Pooparonamy 3:16 tells me to do....

hitler never killed anyone with his own hands........think about it....

I'll go back to watching the birds fly, watching the trees grow, smoking my cigar and drinking my Chenin Blanc......

guess I'm the devil........hahahahhha

peas

Are you seriously suggesting that? You really need to re-read your own post and see how much intelligence you emit.

If you were Nero you would have killed all the people that believe in it...maybe the problem isn't with Christianity, but with people like you. I suggest you seek some help, it seems you really need it.

dont flip ypur lid anyone can tell the nero bit was sarcasm.

wheer you at man? it's basic

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

This, right here, is right along the lines of what I believe. I still need to work out some kinks about it (in my own head), but I think that is along the lines of the truth.

And I thought Enki and Enlil were brothers?

Bottom line is, the story is basically the same. ET's, Annunaki - whatever - come down while the Earth is in a turmoil state.

Appear to me (like you said), that these guys did some kind of terraforming (that's probably why in Genesis, "God" takes credit for creating the Earth). When it said he created the heavens, I personally think it was just them or him altering the atmosphere.

When you take the bible and try to modernize it, it kind of makes a little more sense.

Enki and Enlil - Jehova and Yahweh.

Good stuff.

So yeah, I guess you can say that I believe in the Annunaki theory, but the only thing I have a hard time swallowing is about the gold - how they created US to mine gold.

That sounds a bit out-there to me. But then again, look at the value of gold.

Strange...

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

exactly!!! we are one galaxy amongst untold billions
what does this little dinky book compare to the entirety of the universe?
can you believe that there are people who actually believe we are alone in the universe??

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

anyone could put together a crap list like this

1: You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, and feel outraged when someone tells you there is a god

2: You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when christians say that people were created by god, but you have no problem with the darwin saying you evolved from an yet to be discovered human/ape common ancestor.

3: You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem with believing in theories that have not been prooven.

4: Your face turns purple when you hear of the atrocities attributed to religion, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how Stalin slaughtered millions in russia and when Pol Pot had entire killing fields.

5: You laugh at religious beliefs, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem in believing that life just happened.

6: You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the in religius texts, prooving that you are determined to devote large chunks of time to something you do not even believe in.

7: You believe that the entire population of this planet, with the exception of those who share your beliefs - are stupid.

8: While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have a prooven track record of just being a long history of corrected mistakes, you know they are correct right now.

9: You spend more time talking about jesus and the bible than most christians.

10: You actually know a lot less than many people do about religion in general because you think that religion= juedochristian religions only.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
One sign to see that you're an unquestioning human being:

You're a Christian.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

so do you suffer from the ten points or not?

i have the impression that you are a pissed of zealot

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

so your saying that only christians are human beings?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

hey sorry about being rude to you i thought you were trolling

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
2Post

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

Originally posted by Equinox99

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

sorry wylekat........

you "quoted" the wrong person.......

I absolutely despise christianity and if I was Nero or constantine, I would kill all people that believed in it..........well, if I was told by god to do that I would....as in the verse Pooparonamy 3:16 tells me to do....

hitler never killed anyone with his own hands........think about it....

I'll go back to watching the birds fly, watching the trees grow, smoking my cigar and drinking my Chenin Blanc......

guess I'm the devil........hahahahhha

peas

Are you seriously suggesting that? You really need to re-read your own post and see how much intelligence you emit.

If you were Nero you would have killed all the people that believe in it...maybe the problem isn't with Christianity, but with people like you. I suggest you seek some help, it seems you really need it.

dont flip ypur lid anyone can tell the nero bit was sarcasm.

wheer you at man? it's basic

Sorry, I just don't really think death is a great way to make jokes. Russell Peters, funny, Dave Chappelle, funny, murder not so funny.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is a typical ad hominem attack. Question the validity of the actions of the followers rather than what they believe. Using the same approach then democracy is invalid because of British actions in India, Ireland, Africa, etc. Indeed some Christians do misbehave, as do some Hindus, some Muslims, some atheists. some agnostics, etc.

The real question is not that do some Christians misbehave, but what is the validity of the belief. Then the questions are:

1. Does God truly exist.
2. If God exists, then what form does He take.
3. What does God expects from us.
4. Are the claims of Jesus valid (as being the Messiah and Son of God).

The answer is simple, no one is perfect, not even Christians (as evidenced by this thread). That is why we need Jesus (His death is atonement for our sins and imperfections). Do not be confused by the misbehaving of the followers, examine the actual belief system.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

oh i see what you mean
sorry

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

1: You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of YOUR god.

Is a Christian not allowed to get upset when someone says their God doesn't exist? Don't people of other faiths get upset when their god is denied?

2: You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

I know plenty of Christians that don't believe in evolution and none of them feel dehumanized or insulted when evolutionists say that humans evolved from lesser forms of life. They just feel that the evolution theory is silly.

Also, being Christian doesn't not necessarily imply not believing in evolution. Many Christians believe that evolution may have played some role in creation.

3: You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem with believing in a Trinity god.

I've yet to meet a Christian that's laughed at polytheists.

To equate the Trinity to polytheism though shows not even the simplest understanding of what the Trinity is.

4: Your face turns purple when you hear of the atrocities attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehova slaughtered all of the babies of Egypt in 'Exodus' and ordered the elimination of ENTIRE ETHNIC GROUPS in 'Joshua' - including women, children, and animals.

I know that I'm going to catch flak for this, as the Nephilim were already mentioned, but the "ethnic groups" that were "wiped out", when you take the Bible at face value weren't exactly human.

5: You laugh at Hindu beliefs that defy humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem in believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

Christians wouldn't think the Hindu and Greek stories are true because they don't necessarily believe those gods necessarily exist. (There are some Christians, like myself, that believe that such stories may actually hold such truth, due to the Nephilim having come and impregnated women.)

Now, the Holy Spirit allowing Mary to conceive has nothing to do with God actually having relations with Mary.

If you have a problem with the idea of Jesus' death, burial, resurrection, and ascension, that's something between you and God. If it didn't happen, all those that were against Jesus and his teachings had to do was bring forth his bones after three days.

6: You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.

Not all Christians are Young Earth Creationists. I'm not for example. Many others aren't either. I believe that the Universe is 13 billion years old and the Earth is 4.55 billion years old.

The Pentateuch says that it was more or less dictated by God to Moses. Yes, Genesis says that everything was created in six days. According to whose time though? Science has discovered that time is affected by where you're at. It's entirely possible that the days that are mentioned are from God's point of view. (This in fact, is what the ancient Jewish rabbinc sages believed.)

7: You believe that the entire population of this planet, with the exception of those who share your beliefs - though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend eternity in an infinite hell of suffering. Yet you consider your religion the most tolerant and loving.

Well, it's not our choice as to who goes to hell and who doesn't. God has said that the only way to him is through Christ. Christians are called to preach that message and love our neighbors as ourselves in order to show Christ's love. Yes, some aren't as good at this than others. None the less, in the end, it is your choice as to what you're going to do with the Gospel Message. God has warned you, and Christians continue to warn you today. At the Final Judgement, you'll have no excuse. You were warned.

8: While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some person rolling around on the floor 'speaking in tongues' may be all the evidence you need.

Not all Christians are Pentecostal/Charismatic. As the trend has been so far through this post, I'm not. Not all Christians are, only a very small group. Many Christians, like myself, do believe that the sign gifts have a purpose for today. I'll go on to say to that the "speaking in tongues" that we all know is not what is shown in the Bible and the Charismatic Movement isn't even remotely practicing the gift as it should.

9: You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be the evidence that prayer works, and you think that the remaining 99.99 % failure was simply the will of God.

To quote Mark Driscoll, "Every prayer is answered; the answer is either yes, no, or wait."

Where does this .01% success rate come from? Left field?

10: You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history, but still call yourself a "Christian".

Wouldn't that actually be a sign that someone may not actually be Christian?

You wouldn't call someone a Buddhist that thought Buddha meditated under a palm tree, would you?

What I love are the non-Christians that think they know more about Christianity than the Christian, but refuse to listen to what a Christian may say about something because it contradicts what the person already believes (i.e., that the First Council of Nicea had anything to do with the canon of the New Testament.)

ETA: Not everyone that claims to be Christian is. Not everything that non-believers think defines what it means to be Christian really defines Christians or Christianity.

[edit on 3/31/2010 by octotom]

link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

why do we need this jesus person? i have lived most of my life without believing in him but i am quite pleased with my life even though i do get upset and fly off the handle but who doesnt?
surley you wouldnt say its evil to get mad?

link   
interesting statements.

as an agnostic, all these questions can be applied to all religion.

but religion is a guide into spirituality, and in spirituality lies infinite truths.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

why do we need this jesus person?

To pay the price of our sins for us. That's one of the major points of Christianity.

No, getting mad isn't a sin. Being wrathful though, is.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by zaiger

so do you suffer from the ten points or not?

No i do not suffer from the "ten points" im not even christian. But i do not have to be christian to see that those 10 points are every bit as retarded as the 10 points i laid out.

i have the impression that you are a pissed of zealot

So i disagree with that crap so i am a "pissed zealot"? I believe that is probably the most ignorant thing i have heard all day.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by GorehoundLarry

so your saying that only christians are human beings?

No?

What? How'd you get that from my post lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Dean Goldberry

exactly!!! we are one galaxy amongst untold billions
what does this little dinky book compare to the entirety of the universe?
can you believe that there are people who actually believe we are alone in the universe??

I can tell you're new at being an Atheist.

Many believe we're alone because we're an egotistical species. Many believe Jesus will return in THEIR lifetime.

Arrogance is what we're all about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join