It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Christian's do not understand is that Jesus is a Hybrid like the Nephilim

a great rulers were not from the place of origin (cultural hybrids not really race ) ! example King Arthur ()Roman background leading the Celt's , Pict s, against Germanic tribes to the more know history Napoleon French/Italian Corsica and then there is Adolph Hitler the Austrian () no need to explain here

but where is the evidence of the Nephilim ? no bones, artifacts with the exception of the Sumerian past first's if there are for told to exist in the bible !

ohh wait we are the Nephilim ! we are just a diluted version ( as the age of longevity way back when was a 1000 years to only now 120 years ) as said in the grand holy bible then there is the !! 46 and (2) < fusion from 48 < ! Chromosome's to mate with the gods er Angels The Bible tells me so Greek Mythology says so and most other religions say so also

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

quick answer
then the ten points dnt apply to you!!! DEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Actually, Jesus is of pure blood descent tracing all the way back to Adam, nice try though.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
10: You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history, but still call yourself a "Christian".

This quote is so true how people are. I am only 16 and this is the case of all my friends they mearly just believe because they are afraid to think outside the box. Their main argument is " its better to believe and get into heaven than not to believe and burn in hell ". I think this is outragous how people really just go with the flow!

People really just need to think for themselves and no longer be "sheeple"

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

micheal kaku said
eventually time will decay
if true so will god

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Those 10 signs provided by the OP are most definitely accurate of the usual christian cult member. Well done.

As usual, the answers provided thus far in defense of the christian faith are grossly lacking in any common sense, intelligence or rational thought, consisting only of justifying and defending their beliefs of complete nonsense.

Christains, how bloody hard is it for you to study your religions ORIGINS and see that it is a COMPLETE WORK OF PLAGIARISM?? Your religion is a COPY OF MYTHS AND FABLES!!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

Your religion is a COPY OF MYTHS AND FABLES!!

Except that, the aspects of the myths and fables that Christianity "copied" appeared after Christianity had started.

In other words, it actually seems that the myths and fables copied Christianity!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

No, I was Evangelical Southern Baptist. You know, like Ted Haggard and Kurt Warner...among many others.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian, and one of my favourite websites is

www.landoverbaptist.org...

And damn, I wanted to post a link to an article by Pastor Deacon Fred called "The Thumb Trick", in which he describes exorcising the demon of stupidity from George W Bush, but it seems to have disappeared. It's literally wee-yourself funny.

However, I do have a bit of a problem with point 8:

Originally posted by impaired
8: While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some person rolling around on the floor 'speaking in tongues' may be all the evidence you need.

My problem with this is that I think that Darwinism is deeply, deeply flawed, rooted in a reductionist view of the universe allied with primitive Victorian economics: and the point above simply continues the polarisation of the subject. "If you don't believe in Darwinism you must be a Creationist". I've actually had someone who supposedly had scientific training tell me just that, it's either one or the other.

Well. no. It isn't. But points like number eight above do perpetuate the fallacy.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

SUPREME NONSENSE! Are you being facetious? If not, our discussion ends here as you are way past nonsense on that one.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
In other words, it actually seems that the myths and fables copied Christianity!

Except that most of them predate Christianity, as successfully shown in Zeitgeist.

Whoops, sorry... the Egyptians and Greeks never really existed, the evidence they existed was put there to test your faith.

Except for the stuff in the Bible. That was all true.

Remember, he might want to cast you into the lake of fire for all eternity... but God loves you. And as Frank Zappa put it, "if god made man in his own image, then god, too, must be dumb all over... and maybe even a little ugly on the side."

[edit on 31-3-2010 by rich23]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

heres something that may or may not counter that but it is interesting none the less

Members of the earth's earliest known civilization, the Sumerians, looked on in shock and confusion some 6,000 years ago as God, the Lord Almighty, created Heaven and Earth.

According to recently excavated clay tablets inscribed with cuneiform script, thousands of Sumerians—the first humans to establish systems of writing, agriculture, and government—were working on their sophisticated irrigation systems when the Father of All Creation reached down from the ether and blew the divine spirit of life into their thriving civilization.

"I do not understand," reads an ancient line of pictographs depicting the sun, the moon, water, and a Sumerian who appears to be scratching his head. "A booming voice is saying, 'Let there be light,' but there is already light. It is saying, 'Let the earth bring forth grass,' but I am already standing on grass."

"Everything is here already," the pictograph continues. "We do not need more stars."

Historians believe that, immediately following the biblical event, Sumerian witnesses returned to the city of Eridu, a bustling metropolis built 1,500 years before God called for the appearance of dry land, to discuss the new development. According to records, Sumerian farmers, priests, and civic administrators were not only befuddled, but also took issue with the face of God moving across the water, saying that He scared away those who were traveling to Mesopotamia to participate in their vast and intricate trade system.

Moreover, the Sumerians were taken aback by the creation of the same animals and herb-yielding seeds that they had been domesticating and cultivating for hundreds of generations.

"The Sumerian people must have found God's making of heaven and earth in the middle of their well-established society to be more of an annoyance than anything else," said Paul Helund, ancient history professor at Cornell University. "If what the pictographs indicate are true, His loud voice interrupted their ancient prayer rituals for an entire week."

According to the cuneiform tablets, Sumerians found God's most puzzling act to be the creation from dust of the first two human beings.

"These two people made in his image do not know how to communicate, lack skills in both mathematics and farming, and have the intellectual capacity of an infant," one Sumerian philosopher wrote. "They must be the creation of a complete idiot."

more on www.theonion.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by royalred

Okay, that means that they (probably) tended more toward Arminianism in their soteriology.

I was just curious because, it seems that the more one moves toward Calvinsim, the less likely they are to say that someone actually wasn't born again; like people said of you. The Calvinist response, if someone leaves the faith, is more along the lines of, "if the person is born again, God will call that person back to himself before they die."

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

That comes from The Onion! lol

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Except that most of them predate Christianity, as successfully shown in Zeitgeist.

Yes, the basic form of the myth predates Christianity. But, anything that is similar to Christianity in these myths (baptism, 12 disciples, resurrection) don't appear until the third or forth centuries after Christ.

You should look around on YouTube for any one of the many documentaries that critique part one of Zeitgeist.

ETA: Why did you have to add this?:

Whoops, sorry... the Egyptians and Greeks never really existed, the evidence they existed was put there to test your faith.

Except for the stuff in the Bible. That was all true.

Remember, he might want to cast you into the lake of fire for all eternity... but God loves you. And as Frank Zappa put it, "if god made man in his own image, then god, too, must be dumb all over... and maybe even a little ugly on the side."

Now you just look like a foolish jerk.

[edit on 3/31/2010 by octotom]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

Do more research and just don't believe the New Age nonsense that you've seen.

As I said to rich, ancient cultures had there myths. But there is nothing in these myths that appear similar to Christianity until after Christianity had been around for a while.

Those that followed these myths changed them somewhat to make it more like Christianity.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Although I visit the CiR sub-forum frequently, it has become less and less enjoyable and fruitful.

It is astonishing to me that the OP has roughly 40 stars for this thread. Clearly CiR is broken and people are star and flagging as ideological cheerleaders instead of on content.

1) Where on earth is the conspiracy in this thread?

2) How can anyone not see that these are ridiculous caricatures and strawman arguments?

Eric

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlapBassist531
reply to post by Wolfenz

Actually, Jesus is of pure blood descent tracing all the way back to Adam, nice try though.

Nope wrong tracing back to David and his mother ( I think to believe ) was also actually Greek descendant and what about his father what descendant from what the Annunaki

here is the hidden bible code of the ANNUNAKI
www.hiddencodes.com...

show me the proof !

blood type AB did not exist at all during the time of Jesus especially in the MiddleEast and northern Africa the shroud of turin , Jesus tomb

as we will never see the evidence of jesus Bones Blood tissue as the above is claim to be hoaxed now the Face Cloth in spain if there evidence of a blood type AB on the face cloth then we have a problem dont we ! en.wikipedia.org...

blood type unique from the bible ?
ezinearticles.com...

here is a forum wit that debate of blood of jesus as claim scientist's claim that proof that all are AB read it ! from catholic.com

forums.catholic.com...

then we have the True Holy Grail == Jesus blood descent from Origin of France Holy blood Holy Grail but this is claim to be a myth in the Christian world was france ever conquered for a LONG period of time ?
it was Occupied by the Nazi for a brief and where were the last century major wars started ? France

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Like the great George Carlin says, I stopped being a Catholic at the age of reason.

I was raised Catholic and went to CCD, had first communion and confirmation. [All of you that were raised Catholic knows the hell that I speak of.] And I can honestly say after my first year I was no longer a believer. I used to ask my teacher or whatever she was a question of "Well why is it like this?" and the answer was always "THAT IS HOW IT IS." Uhhh.. Right.. Sorry but even at the age of about 10 that reason seemed like a red flag to me. There are so many holes within the bible and once you ask they give you that BS answer. And one of my favorites that always makes me laugh is "You're just supposed to have faith." That phrase will always make me smirk.

Religion is just a way to control the weak-willed. There seems to be a lot of people moving past it though.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join