It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For anyone on a spiritual journey...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dank513

I highly recommend Thich Nhat Hanh's books, he has written over 75!

He also wrote a book that you might really like, probably in your list of 75.
It's called, "Living Buddah, Living Christ."

It should help with your religous angst, and your new found spirituality quite nicely. I actually cry sometimes when I read it, which has been quite a few times.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I felt the same way when I read The art of dreaming. It reads like a story, like fiction, but you can learn a lot from it. I guess it doesn't matter whether it's real or not, what matters is how it effects you.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
Carlos Castaneda made a huge impact on me. I don't if you know who he is.. Castaneda was this dude who claimed that he met a Yaqui shaman called Don Juan (and later Don Genaro) who - throughout the years - taught him how to see the world through shamans eyes.

It's been speculated that Castaneda made the whole thing up. And he probably did. Nevertheless, it's a very impressive body of work, and there's nothing like it written after it.

Sometimes scary, many time hilarious, touching, a true eye-opener.

Better yet... after you read the books head down Mexico way to old Real de Catorce. It's gotten pretty touristy lately but offers a true opportunity for great adventure if one is into that flow. There's a whole CC sub-culture where it's "Carlos this" and "Carlos that," so if you meet the right people it can turn into the trip of a lifetime. My guide called himself El Diablo and we spent a considerable amount of time exploring the high desert plateaus under a bright full moon and a crystal clear sky and during the thunderstorm season too. But what was really cool and amazing was to see the lightening and storm fury being trapped in the many mountain canyons and then boom outward all around us. Very special and very unique.

As in all Spiritual matters, timing and Karma determine the experience.

[edit for spelling on 2-5-2010 by Brown Bear]

[edit for content on 2-5-2010 by Brown Bear]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Brown Bear]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum

The "Bhagavad Gita" and the "Upanishads" my personal two top favorites. They are both esoteric Hindu texts. They really resonated with me. I specifically recommend the translations by Eknath Easwaran. He sets up the chapters for you. He also has some Buddhist material. I so happy to hear that your on your journey. Keep meditating. The truth comes from within. Peace & love to you and Namase (which means I ackowledge the Divinity in you)

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Klaatumagnum]

Namaste BaBa

I noticed your post on the Awakening thread and responded but doubt that you went back to that thread as it was deteriorating pretty seriously so will reproduce that exchange to give credit where due.... and now reading this post I understand your Brahman reference. As follows:

=Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
And that longing in your very soul is gone, the burning desire, that unquenchable thirst is gone. By sheer desire and the grace of the Creator you understand. Aham Brahmasmi, I am Brahman. So you sit at the top of the mountain and wait. Just enjoy life. Sit back and watch the show. The search is over.

Some people just won't understand. They don't want to understand. Help them if they seek. Let the non seeker's pass in peace. Their journey will be much longer. It's of their own choice. Free will grants them the right to stumble upon a hard and rocky road.

MY RESPONSE TO YOU:

I'm not positively moved by your Brahman reference, but otherwise, I hope the position you express is your own stuff as it's a spot-on realization from one who apparently knows a part of the Truth and has progressed from being a Seeker to being a Finder.

Definitely not the kind of new-age metaphysics one finds in the books read (and quoted mindlessly) by so many participating on the awakening thread.

Namaste Ba Ba

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Brown Bear]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join