It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a website that has a list of verifiable psychics?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Like a directory of psychics who have actually proven themselves or maybe rated by people? I have a missing person to try and find and it would be nice to have weeded out the obvious scammers.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
In short - no.

There is no such thing as psychic power and there never has been.

There are list of councillors and therapists though which will give you a much better session if you wish to seek them out on your troubles.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
your avatar says you'll believe anything....

Anyway, I am not 100% convinced that it is possible, but when you have no other options available, you'll take what you can get.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Well now that's just rude. The existence of psychic powers has not been proven definitively false; just very very likely false. People still believe, and if they want to try it out, they should be permitted.

I, as a skeptic, would also like to see a list of psychics with very high accuracy.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zul007
... when you have no other options available, you'll take what you can get.

I hear ya man - but I do think talking to someone who knows about the human condition (pain, loss, depression etc.) will be a whole lot healthier for you than some shylock with money for an agenda.

Speaking from experience here!

As for the avatar (thanks for noticing!) it's facetious

-m0r

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zul007

I wish you the Best of Luck Zul007 in finding your missing person.

Why don't you just ask help from the people here on ATS, more than likely they will be able to help you in some way that others can't. Remember, ATS members are everywhere and they know lots of stuff.

So... why don't you post the missing persons picture, tell us who they are, how old they are, their birthday if possible, how they disappeared, when and where they were last seen and other questions that other members may feel is needed in order to help.

ATS members are a very excellent source to get help from. I would not rule out them locating your missing person for you.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by Zul007

I wish you the Best of Luck Zul007 in finding your missing person.

Why don't you just ask help from the people here on ATS, more than likely they will be able to help you in some way that others can't. Remember, ATS members are everywhere and they know lots of stuff.

So... why don't you post the missing persons picture, tell us who they are, how old they are, their birthday if possible, how they disappeared, when and where they were last seen and other questions that other members may feel is needed in order to help.

ATS members are a very excellent source to get help from. I would not rule out them locating your missing person for you.

Ok, I will try that:

www.myfoxaustin.com...

Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, Soon to be ex-husband last to see Her, he says she said that she was just going to be gone for the weekend, but her new car was found in a walgreens parking lot when she didn't show up. I don't know her birthdate off hand, but I can get it later and u2u it to anyone who thinks they need it.

Let me know if anyone can help, thanks!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zul007

There are plenty of sites out there put up by or listing professional psychics.

Anyone who tells you the field is just a bunch of crap has something to hide. Of course there is some validity to the field. But it does scare some people, and so it has its enemies. As far as I know, the field isn't "regulated" like law or medicine. You won't find any agreed-upon certification or licensing system.

But there are some police departments that use psychics, so if you want to stay on the "safe" side, you could look for ones who have helped solve crimes.

All that said, here's what came up at the top of my Google search:

certifiedpsychics.com...

I have never used the services of a psychic myself, but with a small amount of luck you may find an ATS member that can be more helpful than the first person who answered your post.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Chip Coffey, best psychic ever!

I kid, you need a P.I. in my opinion

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I am getting off for now, but I will return in the morning, thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
Anyone who tells you the field is just a bunch of crap has something to hide.

Alternatively they could be exposing a lifetimes worth of deception about the field of psychics and spirit channellers from first-hand knowledge of it all being completely false.

Sort of like the people who started the whole thing. You know: The Fox Sisters.

3 young girls who had many people believe they could channel the spirits of the dead and made a lot of money whilst doing so. Alas, eventually they decided enough was enough (at a ripe old age too - they were rich beyond measure) and told the truth that the whole thing was a pile of cobbles.

Suddenly ostracised from society and all together penniless they died and were buried in paupers graves.

Just goes to show - when there is vulnerable people and money involved these 'mediums' will eat their own before admitting they're hoodwinking people in need.

Stick to reason and deduction Zul007 - if she can be found she will.

I'd still recommend seeing a councillor about the whole ordeal too.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Zul007

You may need to start a new thread, specifically asking for help in finding a missing person. Otherwise, fewer people will be available for help because of what this thread is looking for, which is people with strange abilities.

I would ask the banks and other businesses along the route that she took to Walgreens that keep their video tapes for long periods of time if you could see their video tapes on that specific day that she went to Walgreens. There is the possibility that she could be seen in those tapes.

There is the possibiltity that she never went to Walgreens. There is the possibility that someone else dropped off her car at Walgreens making it look like she dropped it off at Walgreens. The car needs to be checked for evidence.

I wish you luck with this endevour.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Be careful when choosing a psychic...as mentioned here and overall, the field is littered with frauds, idiots, and the delusional.

If you insist on checking out this field, and wont sweat potentially losing a few bucks from mistakes, then start by checking out Gary Schwartz's work. he is not a psychic, he is a scientist that has done some studies on psychics. he has found some to be more "real" than others...but understand that the best he found was about 75% hit ratio...impressive, but that also shows that if psychic phenomona truely does exist and is controllable, it is still not always correct.

I keep an open mind to psychic phenomona, but I tend to lean into the belief that if its indeed real, it is not overly controllable by humans. We all have the occasional random flash in life which sticks out...and thats really all it is. If somehow someones brain allows for those flashes to come more and more, then it is a study deserving of some serious investigation...but so far, there hasn't been enough evidence to the positive to warrant mainstream science to investigate. Military has done some testings, and there is reports of interesting results...but as far as some website with listings of great psychics...afraid not.

anyhow, check out that persons work. His reads are at the very least, very entertaining...and he has a proper degree verses a hobby in collecting crystals.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zul007

"Psychics", "mediums", "contactees", "channelizers" and all these people that claim to make interdimensional contacts and allow their minds and bodies being POSSESSED by what they assume to be "benevolent entities", actually are CATTLE to astral vampires that feed with their energies. And when I say "vampire", ain't referring to that mythic creature so revered and romanticized by current movie industry. I'm talking about what Gnosis calls "former personalities" aka dead people. Practitioners of black magic, voodoo, wicca and all sort of evil occultism, after die use to "vampirize" these "channelizers" to suck up their life energy. Believe me or not, it happens, so my advice is STAY AWAY FROM PSYCHICS!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There is the site Badpsychics which tells you who to avoid and why.

Bad Psychics Website

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewlip

Bad Psychics Website

Thanks for the link, looks like they are all bad lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I looked into Gary Schwartz and find it pretty interesting. Of course, it also seems that most Skeptics have bashed him for not being impartial or not conducting his tests scientifically.

The FBI, Austin PD, and a P.I. are all looking for her so hopefully something will turn up. Thanks to everyone who responded.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
There are list of councillors and therapists though which will give you a much better session if you wish to seek them out on your troubles.

-m0r

You all use esp everyday of your life, lol. You could not function without it, lol.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i also think its a good idea to post information about your missing person on this website. There are many users that claim to be psychics, so it worth a shot if you resort to a psychic. You'll more than likely have it done for free because of the community here. If it works.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zul007

Originally posted by Chewlip

Bad Psychics Website

Thanks for the link, looks like they are all bad lol.
'lmao, yeah- that list isn't biased at all. It's just someone who searched up names and listed them bc they don't like anyone.

To the Topic Poster- I have never offered my ability towards a missing case bc of the nature/seriousness of it all- It's an emotional matter that needs to be solved with science and I'm human and still able to make a mistake like anyone else. If you KNOW that you can use my insight as purely guidance and ideas instead of hard facts or anything else ( If you must: Take it as entertainment value only). This is not because I don't believe in myself, this is because I do not use my ability for this purpose nor am I ever going to say that it's easy to read someone far away that I haven't met (connecting to a missing person). I may connect to someone else by mistake.

BUT if you want me to try- I won't say no-It wouldn't be right to have something and not use it. I will try to get to it tomorrow IF you decide to U2U me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join