It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things Are Not Looking Good For Obama. At All!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Now, before you kill the messenger,let me just state that I rated him higher than most of the people who participated in this poll. Actually, all things considered, I think he has done fairly well. However, as you will see, most Americans do not seem to agree.

The Economy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:
3.97%
B:
4.25%
C:
5.20%
D:
17.87%
F:
68.70%
Foreign Policy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:
5.91%
B:
3.99%
C:
7.88%
D:
22.23%
F:
59.98%
Health Care

A:
5.89%
B:
2.90%
C:
2.98%
D:
8.57%
F:
79.66%
Afghanistan

A:
5.16%
B:
13.98%
C:
26.72%
D:
22.84%
F:
31.30%
Iraq

A:
5.19%
B:
10.26%
C:
25.40%
D:
23.86%
F:
35.30%
Threat of Terrorism

A:
5.89%
B:
4.65%
C:
9.61%
D:
21.50%
F:
58.37%
Energy and the Environment

A:
4.95%
B:
5.09%
C:
12.46%
D:
21.07%
F:
56.43%
Social Issues

A:
5.84%
B:
4.57%
C:
11.22%
D:
19.40%
F:
58.97%
Bipartisanship

A:
5.81%
B:
2.95%
C:
3.98%
D:
8.28%
F:
78.98%
Obama's Overall Job as President

A:
5.38%
B:
3.88%
C:
3.76%
D:
22.91%
F:
64.06%

NOTE: This is not a scientific poll. The results above are for information purposes only, and should not be confused with the results of the scientific polls conducted by CBS News.
Mr. Obama, it doesn't look good,sir.

I don't know about you, but I'm thinking that we are looking at a one term president.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Don't underestimate a relatively unknown man who rose to power so quickly.

Any other person with his credentials would have never became President IMO.

I predict two terms for Obama. I based this on that he will announce bringing our troops home from Afghanistan and the economy will improve in going into early 2012.

Also 2012 will be a year of fear and rumors. Advantage Obama.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Internet poll...very scientific.

Why do people continue to use these things as sources when everyone know they are easily manipulated.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Oh, I do not underestimate him. I think the man is brilliant, really. I don't say that I agree with him on everything,but he is brilliant, nonetheless.

However, being brilliant does not always equate to being effective. Think Woodrow Wilson. Woodrow was brilliant, but he wasn't very effective at all. I suspect that Obama is going to be much the same.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Internet poll...very scientific.

Uh, I do believe that if you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the poll, it says it isn't a "scientific" poll. Whatever the hell that is. Try reading next time.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Interesting poll, but meaningless, nonetheless.

It should be obvious by now that polls are (not only manipulated by whomever chooses) but change on a dime, given the climate of the day.

A lot can happen between now and 2012 - It just takes one or two events of magnitude and the elections swing either way. Right now, Obama has the cards to play... We shall see...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well, like I said, all things considered, I think Obama has done ok. The only thing that I gave him a D on was bipartisanship. I really do not see where he has been bipartisan. He is very vitriolic in his speeches and such. That is not conducive to a bipartisanship mentality.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It won't matter when martial law is declared and all elections suspended...

Try answering a poll honestly with a size 12 boot in your face.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I don't know... I think he tried. I think he realized it wasn't gonna work and he made a choice in order to get things done, that he wanted done. Basically, [if you all aren't going to act like adults, than we'll do it my way] so to speak. Could be wrong, that's just my take...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

It's kind of hard to be bipartisan when the other sides idea of "bipartisianship" is to either use all of their ideas or they won't support anything at all.

The healthcare bill had over 200 republican ammendments to it...but not one vote from a republican. Dems ALLOWED those 200 ammendments...how is that not bipartisanship?

There have been many bills that have been written and supported by republicans, and then once Obama praises it as a good idea...they all vote against it...even the ones that wrote and sponsored it. How can you work with people like that?

What else would you like him to do???

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The last bipartisan thing I remember was the war.

Honestly I don't know what he's supposed to do earn bipartisanship.

It was clear to me the GOP was using a political ploy. There were some GOP senators that wanted to work something out, but the party leadership's waterloo approach made it politically impossible with the base. Easier to draw a contrast if not a single member votes for it. The truth it's a copycat of Romneycare. Oren Hatch, Chuck Grassley and other GOP leadership proposed health care reform with mandates in the 1990s !

They had better watch their step. Too much obstructionism will burn them.

I watched Hannity's America. Everything that comes out of his mouth about it is a half truth or lie. The liberal said they both parties use parlimentary tricks, but he brought up them wanting to do deem and pass, like it had never been done before, as if Obama were Julius Caeser desolving the Roman Republic. And they didn't go that route anyway. It was a straight up or down vote and the senate bill passed both houses. I think that guy relies on a dumb audience. The audience hangs on his every word.

That's a great quote. Reagan proved deficits don't matter. That would be a good question to ask him. That's the kind of crap he pulls. Reagan proved deficits don't matter ! Reagan proved deficits don't matter ! Do you know who said that Sean ? Dick Cheney. Hahah I'd love to hear that on his radio show.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
And if I were betting, I'd say he gets reelected.

He won by a healthy margin. In 2012, he can lose FL, NC, and VA and remain in office.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well, let the ivory towers burn. And they shall my friend.They shall.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Well, there is not any doubt that there is a lot of political posturing going on. When I say that, what I am talking about is propaganda. I mean, according to the Republicans, the sky is falling now.

Yet, they had no other suggestions. It's amazing to me. Of corse, we, the Americans citizens, are the ones who have allowed it to get to where it is today. We get what we ask for, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Any other person with his credentials would have never became President IMO.

All due respect, CREDENTIALS??? WHAT credentials? He was elected on the premise of the "guilt" of white Americans' backs! He has spent more than all the other presidents, before him, COMBINED. I agree that Health Care needed to be reformed. However, it was a total disaster. Stimulus Bill= kickbacks, foreign relations=disastrous (like Bush), domestic policies=unwanted by majority of population, corporate takeovers, more Czars than all combined in Russian history. Not to mention his racist and radical "friends" and appointees. Need I go on?
The man was a virtually unheard of before the primaries. Now, I agree that America needed some kind of "change". Just not like this.
And don't get me started on Bush. He was a joke, too. Obama has a free ride to say and do what he wants because he has the backing of the MSM and PTB.

Here's a question to ponder: HAS ANYONE EVER THOUGHT THAT WE'RE GETTING SET UP BY BOTH REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS? How can anyone positively say that they have proof that this is not a game that has been set up BY BOTH parties, ahead of time? We are all being HOODWINKED. Think about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

whats the alternative?

the undenying truth of mainstream operated polls?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nycfrog27
He has spent more than all the other presidents, before him, COMBINED.

I highly doubt that. What's your source ?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
It won't matter when martial law is declared and all elections suspended...

Try answering a poll honestly with a size 12 boot in your face.

Paranoid people have been saying that since Nixon was in office. The United States has had elections in a lot worse circumstances than this, if the Civil War, two world wars, the depression, Vietnam and Terrorism can't stop elections, this won't.

As for President Obama, personally I haven't been seeing him really seeming to care too much about getting a second-term. He's doing what he thinks is best right now, which may not be the best for his re-election.

That said, 2012 is still a good long way away and America sadly does not have the longest memory when it comes to politics. President W. Bush was elected after passing the USA PATRIOT act and starting an illegal war through lying.

Start looking at the polls around this time two years from now and then we'll talk about his chances.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Are you serious? lol. Democrats say it has been worth it, Republicans say it's a disaster....google it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
He hasn't been in office long enough. That can't be a correct figure.
And 30 seconds with google confirmed it.

The stats are hilarious. In the last 30 years, only one president has ran a surplus, that was Clinton. Reagan, Bush 41, and Bush 43 ran deficits in every year of their presidency. The national debt exploded under Bush 43. Your little fact was off by a country mile. I don't believe Obama has even spent more than the last president, yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join