It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you wrote a Memoir, would you include your time on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've often wanted to write a Memoir. Most would think that one would want to write this account of their life's experiences at an older age. Albeit there is no written rule on the age one has to be to write a Memoir. Memoirs are often associated with someone who is in their latter years of life and want to provide a written account of that life for whatever reason.

There have been Memoirs written by people of all ages, of which are inspired by a multitude of events that transpired in a person's life. Memoirs are generally written so future generations can be provided with a written record of an individuals life such as their family lineage, their birth, their childhood, their adult life, or merely just to record significant events during their life, more or less just the climactic points minus all the boring flub-bub.

So my questions for the readers of this thread are, if you were tasked with writing your own Memoir, in order to create a written record of your life, what would you include? Would you hit on just the climactic events in your life? Or, would you want the whole story told, not one iota of information left out as to let the world know who you really were and what you were all about?

...and since I started this thread with the title I did...

Would you include your experiences during your run on ATS for future generations to see? If you had to pick your best and worst memory of your ATS membership thus far, what would that be?

Thank you for reading and I look forward to your replies!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yes.

Chapter 7: The world of online mental institutions.

It would likely make a part in any life story I wish to convey at the end, I found meditation here obtained a better understanding of the universe and have heard interesting and outlandish stories.

It's also been a far better place for news than the mainstream alternatives.

[edit on 3/30/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
All your memoirs are belong to us.

Seriously, I would certainly include my time on ATS. I wouldn't be able to realy hone in on a best/worst memory but there are many aspects of my time on ATS that I am happy about and would love to share.

I would even include the url's of some notable threads...

Of course, I would include people to my signature so that after a hundred years they would know that at least one of the savages of the past got it...even if there was a bit of disorganization involved with the expression...

[edit on Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:02:31 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Great question...subjective as it is.

It's all gonna depend on whether the person writing the memoir was influenced by this place...

Without 'knowing' the correct formula to quantitate the answer, I'd say more than most would at least make a notation representing ATS.

Far better than expected IMO, as the resources found on the net are far more watered down than the individual coming across them.

Unfortunately - the two become one at times...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
ATS is my memoir.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
[edit on 31 Mar 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

ATS is my memoir

Albeit bordering cliche' perhaps, considering, I'd be remiss if I didn't say:

If ATS is your memoir sir, may it live long and prosper!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If you wrote a Memoir, would you include your time on ATS?

Nope, only my time on BTS.

sanity

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Sadly My Rantings and Ravings are already in ATS/BTS so all we would have to do is cut and paste....

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
ATS is my memoir.

Exactly..
My ATS name is just a part of me as my real name..and as soon as I can, AccessDenied will be inked on me..forever.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Just remember, pics or it didn't happen....

top topics

join