It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The realm of the Qliphoth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Perhaps some or many of you are familiar with the term Qliphoth.. As the link notes:

Qliphoth, kliffoth, klippot or kellipot (Heb. קליפות qelippot, meaning "peels", "shells" or matter,[1] singular: קליפה qelippah and sometimes קליפות the primeval "husks" of impurity) refer to the representation of evil forces in the mystical teachings of Judaism (such as in the Kabbalah.)[2] The word Qlipoth derives from the Hebrew word "qelipoth". The Qliphoth are shells around the Sephirot. They are similar to the Kanchukas in Kashmir Shivaism.

In other words, they are the inverse, sinister, dark-side cognates of the Sephirot that comprise the Kabbalah.

This site provdes a more in-depth look at the Qliphoth. A few selected quotes follow:

These be they who are Unclean and Evil, even the Distortion and Perversion of the Sephiroth; the fallen restriction of the Universe; the rays of the Coils of the Stooping Dragon. Eleven are their classes, yet Ten are they called; seven are the heads and yet an eighth head arises. Seven are the Infernal Palaces, yet do they include Ten.

In the Tree of Life, by the Waters of the River, in the Garden of Wisdom, is the serpent of the Paths; it is the Serpent of the Celestial Eden. But the Serpent of the Temptation is that of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil; the antithesis and opposer of the other: the Red Coiled Stooping Dragon of the Apocalypse, the Serpent of the Terrestrial Eden.

The same source goes on to describe the elements that make up the Qliphoth in more detail.

Discuss.

[edit on 3/30/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I believe the polarities of “good” and “evil” can be boiled down into simple terms. There are those who choose a self-serving path which to me represents darkness and those who choose a path of service-to-others which I feel represents light.

In this sense, it make it quite easy to discern between a compassionate individual and one I can trust or a deceitful individual and one I should not trust.

I believe we are discrete holograms of the “Creator,” composed of both the dark and the light, with some individuals being extremely unfeeling while others are extremely benevolent. We have the free will at any given moment to choose our path, either one that takes us further into the darkness or one that take us deeper into the light.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
I believe the polarities of “good” and “evil” can be boiled down into simple terms. There are those who choose a self-serving path which to me represents darkness and those who choose a path of service-to-others which I feel represents light.

There are people who help others simply because it serves themselves. What of them?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm quite disappointed that this isn't about some Eldritch Beastie.

Or is it?!

Qliphoth is easily construed as an alternate spelling of "C'thulhu" since the "official" closest pronunciation is "Kloo-loo." Or so. So, "Klih-poth"...

No, just sounds like Klingon.

Qapla!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

If one helps another with an intention that this service will ultimately be of benefit to them, then wouldn't the nature of this act be fundamentally self-serving?

I personally believe that it would be.

It seems the purest form of service to others, is to offer that service without any conditions attached.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by seasoul]

new topics

top topics

join