It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Fails to Stop Fall in Ratings [Larry King Down 52% in March!]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
But Fox News is doing okay.

Seems that the people have chosen sides in this war on the American way of life.

Obama is on CNN live right now from NC.

Tune in and help them out.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Here's a report that didn't make the news anywhere but Washington and only one major news source:

Lawmaker Releases Report Claiming ACORN Operates Under Different Names Here

Guess who took on this controversial report?

Point is it makes Fox appear less biased that they will report the more controversial political topics.

The other agencies by default look "milk toast", "sweet and syrupy". A news agency should have a pungent flavor. The other agencies reek of liberal bias so obvious to the critical observer of news.

How appropriate that Obama would be on CNN as we write!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's so obvious that those of you who say Fox News is heavily biased to the right have never actually watched it for an extended period of time and only show that you have been brainwashed by spewing the liberal propaganda.

Look, some of there hosts and anchors may be more to the right of center BUT for practically every story they give both sides of the issue or have a live guest to give the view of the other side. This is how Fox normally operates.

On the other hand, when I tune into CNN or MSNBC they only spew one side of the story and very rarely will give the 'other' view and even more rarely have a guest on who thinks the opposite of their narrow minded view of things.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS., APRIL 1, 2010

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,981,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,256,000
FOXNEWS PALIN 2,073,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,014,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,877,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,658,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 989,000
MSNBC MADDOW 950,000
CNN KING 839,000
CNN COOPER 820,000
CNNHN BEHAR 641,000

It isn't looking good for CNN and MSNBC! Whatever they are doing they are doing wrong!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
It's so obvious that those of you who say Fox News is heavily biased to the right have never actually watched it for an extended period of time and only show that you have been brainwashed by spewing the liberal propaganda.

Come On! Get Real!

Fox News used to be my station. I had to move elsewhere.

Hannity? O'Reilly? That was just the beginning.

And I am not Liberal. I am still a registered Republican. But considering changing to Independent - - because Republicans have become so ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Great, where'd you go?

I'm sure many other wonderful, informative, interesting conservative and independent news agencies exist, we just haven't found them yet?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by Annee

Great, where'd you go?

I'm sure many other wonderful, informative, interesting conservative and independent news agencies exist, we just haven't found them yet?

Good question. Actually - I get more reality from foreign news stations. LINK TV has a German news station that's quite good.

I don't think there is any real MSM news show in America anymore - they're all Entertainment.

I'm kind of a Centrist and prefer authentic debates of an issue. Internet/Internet Radio/XM Talk radio/ and of course ATS.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by WhatTheory

CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS., APRIL 1, 2010

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,981,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,256,000
FOXNEWS PALIN 2,073,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,014,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,877,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,658,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 989,000
MSNBC MADDOW 950,000
CNN KING 839,000
CNN COOPER 820,000
CNNHN BEHAR 641,000

It isn't looking good for CNN and MSNBC! Whatever they are doing they are doing wrong!

It's because of how they've been putting healthcare reform as if it was the best thing that's ever happened, and how they've been demonizing all opposition to the PTB as of late.

It's only evident that the American people are waking up.

Fox news is only still up because they report more honestly than CNN, and represent republicans (as republicans are trying to tame the American people's anger and use it in November to regain control of congress.)

Personally, I'm glad to see MSM ratings down.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I don't think there is any real MSM news show in America anymore - they're all Entertainment.

Try international channels, they don't need to pander to anyone. Because their commercials are for international audience.
Some news network usually have the international version of their news channel. I think CNN and BBC got it. I don't think MSNBC and FOX has it.
Maybe Bloomberg has it too.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by Alxandro

People aren't turning from CNN to faux news.. They're just not turning to CNN. And who can blame them? CNN has a wretched business model. You don't run a TV news station, in 2010, by reporting facts and staying unbiased. You bullhorn your stupid opinion (which is shared with the viewing audience) and draw them in with perpetual bread and circuses...

CNN is trying to provide the same thing an article online can provide, except without the broader perspective or expressing outloud the opinion of the viewing audience.

They have to change their business model eventually, or they'll go out of business. This news tells me it's just a matter of time before they either revolutionize broadcasting, or pick a side (republican/conservative liberal/progressive/democrat) and start bullhorning partisan circus nonsense like the other news channels.

Unbiased and without opinion? Wow!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Hannity? O'Reilly? That was just the beginning.

What about them?

Every night they have on liberals to debate the issue. Again, both sides have been portrayed. What's your beef with that?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
CNN has a wretched business model. You don't run a TV news station, in 2010, by reporting facts and staying unbiased.

I do not see CNN as unbiased in any way. In fact, they seem just as biased as Fox but polarized to the left.

Even worse, their website began allowing user comments, and it was the only online forum I have ever been banned from. I have no idea why, other than I occasionally posted remarks contrary to the left-leaning lines they were towing. I refuse to support them or their site for that stunt. Sure, it's their site and they can do as they please, but the free exchange of ideas is more important in my opinion than maintaining their bias.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Try international channels, they don't need to pander to anyone. Because their commercials are for international audience.
Some news network usually have the international version of their news channel. I think CNN and BBC got it. I don't think MSNBC and FOX has it.
Maybe Bloomberg has it too.

I do watch BBC. Yes - they are better then the regular MSM "entertainment" news.

If you have been following all this for a while - - then you know many journalists were not allowed to tell their stories. ALL MSM news stations are now corporate owned and controlled. Nothing is said - they don't want said.

Basically the news is bought and paid for.

FOX especially has nothing but "Carnival Barkers". Paid propagandists - - to incite emotional response.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think what is clear is that the 24-hour news cycle is simply not sustainable.

This is why all the commentary and "entertainment" shows abound. They are time fillers.

Unfortunately, there are more hours aired of this type of "news" than actual real news.

It's no wonder all the varying degrees of "news" meld together and everything becomes a hazy sort of mixed up mess...

I don't even know what times the "real news" is actually supposed to be on! Sad, I know.

Online is the most applicable avenue, IMO.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
CNN lost my viewership completely when the covered Haiti ad-nauseum with
loop after loop of the same footage and their in-house doctor cradling babies
for 30 days straight after the earthquake.

Plus, they're now using in-studio cameras that are not on tripods. The constant
moving and bobbing makes you feel like you're watching a lighthouse from the
deck of a cruise ship.

But to CNN's credit, they are the only Cable News channel that brings live
updates when an emergency or disaster happens at 1am at night. They went
live when the Venezuala earthquake hit late at night, while FOX and MSNBC
continued running on pre-programmed auto pilot.

Maybe CNN should just stay off the air until major news breaks.

-cwm

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Online is the most applicable avenue, IMO

I agree entirely!

Now if I can just keep at least one computer up and running!

What are some of your online news sources, Lady?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

For young people, however, the internet now rivals television as a main source of national and international news. Nearly six-in-ten Americans younger than 30 (59%) say they get most of their national and international news online; an identical percentage cites television.

Internet Overtakes Newspapers...

I second and third that stance. I hardly ever crank up the BoooB tube anymore. Unless there is a game or a fight on. I get most of my news online and usually way ahead of the TV media reporting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I agree with one poster; O Reilly and Hannity why do people give any credibility to two clowns that fervently believe that if their voice has not resonated in the universe in the last 5 seconds that something has fundamentally gone wrong with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly gives his opinion on the problems with CNN and MSNBC in the first 1:30 of this short video. I happen to agree with him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join