It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Health Reform Really Help Americans?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

BTW the Kaiser family foundation is a branch of the health care provider Kaiser permanent, and on the top 10 in the nation.

It's the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation...non-profit.

Kaiser Permanente... Health Insurance...NON-FOR-PROFIT...they do have the "Medical Group" of Hospitals and Doctors that are Commercial though.

Amazingly the Kaiser Insurance is a terrific plan despite being a non-profit. the "Medical Group" makes a tidy sum though

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

This exchange will be run by the Private insurance companies, how do I know very simple, look at the Kaiser family foundation, they call themselves a non profit organization so in your post it said that the exchanges will be run either by the government or non profit organizations that qualify kaiser as non profit, but the truth is that they are actually a branch of the big top 10 health care insurance in the nation, Kaiser permanet.

See the deceptions, my friend, that is all coming to hit us with the HCR.

But then again we most trust the government when it comes to bills written by corporate lawyers and made mandatory.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Actually my husband and I are under subside Humana health care plan due to his retiree status in the military.

My premiums 115 every three months, my deductibles 12 dollars, my medications, generic 3 non generic 9, had two major surgeries in 6 years, over 80 thousand dollars, out of pocket, less than 100, and included physical therapy.

And people still believe that the public option was a bad idea.

When the government has no choice but to provide for the military they do a great job.

But when the government is giving away peoples choices to the private insurance businesses with impunity is no boundaries to what the private sector can do once they got what they want it.

pity.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

This exchange will be run by the Private insurance companies, how do I know very simple, look at the Kaiser family foundation, they call themselves a non profit organization so in your post it said that the exchanges will be run either by the government or non profit organizations that qualify

First...not either...both. Each state based exchange must include at least one state option and two non-for-profits. The idea being that two non-profits...and I am not sure Kaiser qualifies as defined in the bill AND a state run option...there will always be an affordable choice and the commercial policies that get involved will be forced to be competitive.

Originally posted by marg6043 kaiser as non profit, but the truth is that they are actually a branch of the big top 10 health care insurance in the nation, Kaiser permanet.

They are not a "branch" of one of the top ten...they are simply one of the top 10...AND they are not-for-profit...Yes..one of the top 10 is a not for profit!!! They pull it off by making money through hospitals and medical practices under a different division Kaiser Permante Medical Groups...

They also have foundations/charitable groups, aide etc..not everybody in the business world is evil.

See the deceptions, my friend, that is all coming to hit us with the HCR.

I can see how if I was looking for deception and didn't look deeper, I might find it...but Kaiser is no evuil empire. they make loads of money via Hospitals and Medical Practices...secure in those profits they give back by running the largest non-profit healthcare insurance in the country.

Consumer reports consistently rave about them. They are good. THey aren't among the players jacking rates up beyond belief.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

My premiums 115 every three months, my deductibles 12 dollars, my medications, generic 3 non generic 9, had two major surgeries in 6 years, over 80 thousand dollars, out of pocket, less than 100, and included physical therapy.

And people still believe that the public option was a bad idea.

So my wife was a teacher...we got married, she got pregnant, she left teaching to raise the kids. Cobra came close to expiring, She applied for full coverage as an independant (I am self employed more or less)...denied...abnormal papsmear...the OB tells us it is not a cancer indicator, just some women have this type of abnormal pap...fine ..asked the OB for a letter stateing the same...she writes it, I send it to the insurer...still denied...ditto other carriers I try..Ditto for years....who makes the decisions? Doctors? No they don't.

5 years later she is still uninsured...her appendix exploded a year ago. The doctor said she almost died, ten days in the hospital, fevers, tons of internal infection, touch and go, but she made it. The surgeon asked why if she was in so much pain didn't she come in sooner...you know the answer...she was worried about costing us money we didn't have. That ran me around 60k out of pocket, plus two births and prenatal etc. Do you know how much debt I am in? From a papsmear where the very doctor who obtained it wrote a letter to the insurance company explaining it was NOT a cancer indicator..

Wife still uninsured...family still in debt..The kids are insured, but the rates went up 50% this year..no exagerration. 40% the year before.

I will take this reform bill happily. Yes could have been better...but given the GOP alternative which can be summed up as "NO!!"...I am happy.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
the issues you describe are not related to americans receiving universal healthcare; but are related to having insured coverage. the bill that passed is not universal healthcare.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan

Originally posted by ashanu90
eventually the gov't will realize this is just making things worse and amend it or something. i thought this bill was a good until i read this
great thread

Don't count on the government amending anything. Their agenda has been met. The object was to drastically increase our taxes to impoverish America. Once impoverished, America will not be as able to resist the take over for the North America Union or a takeover by the UN that Obama seems to be promising. The banking cartel, the same one that supported Hitler and manipulated us into the cold war, that wants to dominate the middle east oil resources and is espousing depopulation, that same banking cartel that has invented the Democrat/Republican paradigm, has America by the throat. Our legislators are sold out to them. Even Kucinich capitulated. No legislator besides Ron Paul and Oklahoma's two senators should be returned to office. Any legislator who still believes in the people should do something drastic, like throwing a shoe at the President, if they want to be reelected. Impeachment procedings would be acceptable. The republicans are equally culpable. They were allowed to vote against the healthcare bill for form only. If there were enough votes to stop it, some Republican's arm would have been twisted to pass it. Our legislative branch doesn't belong to the people any more. Our government doesn't belong to the people. If we don't do something soon, we will find out soon what Nazis really look like.

Yes,Kucinich sold out.
This is the bill of the NWO. The Insurance Companies will be the main winners. If they have to insure those with pre existing conditions they will simply raise their rates.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You will see tax increases now and improved health care never.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I see your pain and your troubles, is many Americans that are having the same problem, but I wanted restrictions, laws withing the bill for the regulation of the private insurance companies, I wanted a public option like the one military and retirees have, like what my husband and I have, very good, reliable and affordable, the government could have done it, but private insurance won.

What people is going to get is nothing but deceptions.

What congress pass last week was a bailout to private insurance companies at the expenses of the tax payer.

We will see how deceptive the private insurance will be very soon.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Im pretty sure you mean medicaid when your talking about young people...

i have a small amount of faith that this i just the beginning but will see... I don't understand most of what i read in the bill it confuses the crap out of me... time to call my lawyer and see if he can tell me what the hell it says...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

The Amendment passed last week making the Medicare to play a bigger role in the HCR means that the government is promising to cover almost every person that will not be able to fall on any of the mandatory health care insurances due to hardships, economic reasons and age is not the limit.

While this sounds "good" for many it means higher taxes and more debt for the tax payer, the Medicare will actually grow under the HCR, how can this help the problems that HCR is claiming to be fixing?

It is not, what the government has done after bailing out the health insurance companies is to put more burden on the working Americans and as usual is relegating that burden of debt to them.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Based on some of the info and links posted, it appears that this legislation (as it is currently written) will do absolutely nothing for me. I don't know if it will hurt me, but it sure doesn't help. For others, some may be helped but many will lose out in the long run.

Supply and demand will become a much bigger problem. Many more patients (those who get the lower deductibles) and no more doctors and other medical personnel. IMO many people (especially those in Medicaid, Medicare and the exchanges) will wait longer and longer to be treated for non-emergency conditions. My best friend spent her whole adult life on Medicaid (she was severely physically handicapped and could not work) and I can't tell you how many times she had to wait many weeks (even months) for surgeries and how many doctors would not see her and some of those who did would just refer her onto other doctors. She got good emergency care, but for elective and chronic stuff, not so good. And that is with the amount of people currently covered under Medicaid. Add to that droves of new enrollees and few, if any new doctors to care for them all. And many doctors (my internist is one) don't take medicaid.

I just think they could have come up with better solutions to the problems that didn't involve hijacking the whole insurance industry.

What should have been done was to simply extend the income level for poor people to enroll in Medicaid and fund that with selected tax increases. At least this would help the poor with regard to emergency care, as all hospitals take Medicaid, even though many doctor practices do not. No one would be forced into anything, and people who pay for their own (or get it thru employers) insurance would continue on doing what they are doing. Then, the insurance marketplace could have been opened up to interstate sales which would have hopefully forced insurance companies to compete to offer the lowest rates and best coverage much in the same way any other business does.

As for me, I have no idea what will happen - three years ago I had a $200 deductible, then my insurance company (I am self employed so I buy my own) hiked my rates to unaffordable levels, so I went to $500. Then, this past fall they did it again - massive hikes far greater than inflation - imagine that you buy a loaf of bread one year for $2.95, the next year it's $3.75, the next year $4.50, and so on - if your pay stays the same soon you will be starved out! Now I am at $1K deductible and I haven't even turned 40...
I am at the point of being discouraged from going to the doctor now, unless I am really ill. Just like Dorothy with the Wizard of Oz, there's nothing in the black bag of this legislation for me. At least nothing I can see that's going to keep my insurance company of pricing me out of care all together.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrecken Licht

I read your post and one part in it brings again one of the problems in Massachusetts, Doctors do not have to accept Medicare patients and they have the right to opt to HCR patients depending on what kind of coverage they have.

Meaning, Doctors can take the option to take only patients with more comprehensive and better health care insurances as a choice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join